Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

For those of you playing a FF title game today...

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Just a heads up - both of Green Bay's starting WRs are inactive today, so James Jones and Koren Robinson might be good pick ups if you're in a situation like mine - I have Reggie Wayne but he won't play more than a half... so I picked up Robinson because he also returns kicks... and Favre figures to play most of the game for the Packers because Aaron Rogers is also inactive, and the other QB Craig Nall is beyond terrible.

agreed, although i seemed to pull out two nice championship wins and a 3rd place victory today. In one of the leagues, the final score was 92 to 73, in which in this league is a very low scoring affair.

CONGRATULATIONS to the league winner Earl's Gridiron Gremlins! And thank you to all that participated in Fantasy Football in 2007. See you next year.

There I did it myself .

QB Drew Brees, NO QB 24
RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB 11
RB/WR Jamal Lewis, Cle RB 12
WR Chad Johnson, Cin WR 25
WR Brandon Marshall, Den WR 20
WR/TE Wes Welker, NE WR 12
D/ST Browns D/ST 15
K Neil Rackers 12
WEEK 17: 131

This was my lineup on Week 17 that won a championship. 131 points will get you a W almost any week in ESPN FFL standard scoring. I was worried about LT only playing a half but I figured a half of LT going for the rushing title was better than most. I also had Derek Anderson (who tailed off at the end) on the bench ... and Steve Smith. Jamal Lewis was money down the stretch. So was Brandon Marshall. Welker was strong all season. I managed to stay relatively injury free only losing Roy Williams WR during the year. That was a key in our league. One of our better players lost Marvin H and Duece early and he was done. The Browns was a FA pickup before I left for the Jax game ... only because of the matchup that day (SF). I started the year 3-6, damn near gave up but then won 4 straight to finish 7-6. Won a wild card tiebreaker to get a 3 seed, knocked out the 2 seed in the first round and took out the top seed in the finals. 10 team league w/ 4 in the championship bracket playoffs. Now it's a matter of getting everybody to pay up ...

QB Drew Brees, NO QB 24
RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB 11
RB/WR Jamal Lewis, Cle RB 12
WR Chad Johnson, Cin WR 25
WR Brandon Marshall, Den WR 20
WR/TE Wes Welker, NE WR 12
D/ST Browns D/ST 15
K Neil Rackers 12
WEEK 17: 131

This was my lineup on Week 17 that won a championship. 131 points will get you a W almost any week in ESPN FFL standard scoring. I was worried about LT only playing a half but I figured a half of LT going for the rushing title was better than most. I also had Derek Anderson (who tailed off at the end) on the bench ... and Steve Smith. Jamal Lewis was money down the stretch. So was Brandon Marshall. Welker was strong all season. I managed to stay relatively injury free only losing Roy Williams WR during the year. That was a key in our league. One of our better players lost Marvin H and Duece early and he was done. The Browns was a FA pickup before I left for the Jax game ... only because of the matchup that day (SF). I started the year 3-6, damn near gave up but then won 4 straight to finish 7-6. Won a wild card tiebreaker to get a 3 seed, knocked out the 2 seed in the first round and took out the top seed in the finals. 10 team league w/ 4 in the championship bracket playoffs. Now it's a matter of getting everybody to pay up ...

Nice. 131 really good for ESPN FFL.

QB Kurt Warner 21
RB Kenny Watson 13
RB Pierre Thomas 30
RB/WR Anquan Boldin 11
WR Brandon Marshall 20
WR Roddy White 12
TE Alex Smith 1
D/ST Seahawks D/ST -5
K Kris Brown 6
TOTAL POINTS: 109

That was my team. I took a huuuuge risk starting Pierre Thomas, NO's 4th string RB. Big payoff.

Kurt Warner, Kenny Watson, Pierre Thomas, Boldin (at times), Alex Smith were not my usual starters.

I better be getting my money soon. :/

Back