BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
Yo............... Romeo come on man.

You let comeback routes get them even and take the lead,

wow and that coverage at the end.

I cannot even explain that................ What was that

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
BOB did well on this game. I aint gonna fraud the guy when clearly tunsil is + and stills is a + and Duke is a +

GM BOB is cool in my book.... for now

Colvin though man, fact he was not replaced like mid 2nd half.

ROMEOOOOOOOOOOO wake up buddy. We need you.

Watt and company? We have got to show up

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I wonder if they kick it from 65 yards if RAC would have D'ed up there. Maybe the best struck kick I have ever seen and not at altitude. Agree RAC was way too soft and I was screaming at the time, but we should give that kicker some respect too. People don't roll off a couch and nail them like that. Painful loss, exciting game

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
So depressing! Hope they bounce back from this. This team is mentally weak....
Mentally weak? The hell are you talking about? They had less than a minute and put up another TD when even the announcers were saying it’s over. Saints may have won but Texans looked like a real football team for the first time in forever. Nothing mentally weak about this team, they went down swinging.

Mangler

Toro de España
Mentally weak? The hell are you talking about? They had less than a minute and put up another TD when even the announcers were saying it’s over. Saints may have won but Texans looked like a real football team for the first time in forever. Nothing mentally weak about this team, they went down swinging.
Those douchebags (announcers) kept cheerleading for the Saints all night long! It’s like every time they had a completion they would act like it was the most amazing thing they had ever witnessed.

Last edited:

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Those douchebags (announcers) kept cheerleading for the Saints all night long! It’s like every time they had a completion they would act like it was the most amazing thing they had ever witnessed.
Yep, feel sorry for the cleanup crew. Booger was so excited, he left a gooey mess of ejaculate all over that poor chair for them to clean.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
So depressing! Hope they bounce back from this. This team is mentally weak....
Wouldn't call a late comeback that should have won it as mentally weak. Their defense sucks right now. It's also game one. They lost to a team in their house that should have been in the SB last year led by Drew Brees. He knows these situations a hundred times more than their secondary does. Not an excuse, but it wasn't Jacoby Brisset or Eli Manning on that drive. Coaching caused their loss tonight. That and having several new players who just got here a week ago and some two weeks ago. Those guys gave up a lot of sacks.

Porky

Hall of Fame
This was what I didn't understand.
Doesn't matter guys. When the WR gives himself up like that, the play is over. Otherwise, every late game situation the defenders would all just stand in a circle around the guy and never touch him while the clock ticks off.

cland

Waterboy
Doesn't matter guys. When the WR gives himself up like that, the play is over. Otherwise, every late game situation the defenders would all just stand in a circle around the guy and never touch him while the clock ticks off.
Nope. A play is only down after a defensive player makes contact, there is no WR "I want the play to be over" rule. Think how a different a typical two-minute drive if the players could just roll up into a ball.

cland

Waterboy
Nope. A play is only down after a defensive player makes contact, there is no WR "I want the play to be over" rule. Think how a different a typical two-minute drive if the players could just roll up into a ball.
EDIT: Hmm, the above comment might be wrong, so I'll throw it up for debate. Here's a link I checked: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf One of the sections stated
(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance
If that's true I'm very surprised I've never seen a team with say 3 timeouts use it in a two minute drill.

I was at a loss as to what the hell the defense was doing to allow Kamara to run all over them in the 2nd half. Then to see the 20 yard prevent defense.... ugh... But watching Watson pull off magic. That was nice.
Yes what a waste of effort by DW. I know the team as a whole felt bad but I imagine it felt worse for DW.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If he was Bill O'Brien he'd say "I only coach the players I'm given."

Defense won't be good with this personnel.+

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So I guess RAC needs all pros to make the defense look good then?
Every coach needs good players to make the units look good. Belichick has Brady, had gronk, always a good ol, etc

Difference is OBrien usually chooses bad players, gets rid of good players and even when he has talent his playcalling sucks. All that talent yesterday and still only 21 points until Watson was unleashed in desperation mode

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Every coach needs good players to make the units look good. Belichick has Brady, had gronk, always a good ol, etc

Difference is OBrien usually chooses bad players, gets rid of good players and even when he has talent his playcalling sucks. All that talent yesterday and still only 21 points until Watson was unleashed in desperation mode
You keep going on about this "only 21 points" thing like you are trying to make a point but its a point that doesn't make any sense. NO only put up 17 points in the time we put up 21 and last years SB was the lowest scoring in history. BoB makes some great calls last night and you seem to be one of the very few that can't get away from your bias long enough to see it. Also what "good players" has he gotten rid of? Oh wait I know you are going to pull out your old fall backs of Brown and Brooks and Foster and maybe Bouye am I right?

No, but we could have used a pro-bowl caliber run stuffer last night. Tell me.....how did Mingo and Martin do last night?
Oh I never said we wouldn't have been better had we had Clowney but Kdog has been going on and on about how BoB needs pro bowlers to win and good coaches find ways to make it work and how RAC turns in a top 10/5 defense, and now when RAC screwed the pooch for everyone to see its suddenly "even the best coaches need good players".

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You keep going on about this "only 21 points" thing like you are trying to make a point but its a point that doesn't make any sense. NO only put up 17 points in the time we put up 21 and last years SB was the lowest scoring in history. BoB makes some great calls last night and you seem to be one of the very few that can't get away from your bias long enough to see it. Also what "good players" has he gotten rid of? Oh wait I know you are going to pull out your old fall backs of Brown and Brooks and Foster and maybe Bouye am I right?

Oh I never said we wouldn't have been better had we had Clowney but Kdog has been going on and on about how BoB needs pro bowlers to win and good coaches find ways to make it work and how RAC turns in a top 10/5 defense, and now when RAC screwed the pooch for everyone to see its suddenly "even the best coaches need good players".
I never said that only Bob needs pro bowlers to win.

I always said ALL coaches need pro bowlers to win, but OBrien sucks at player evaluation and his offense sucks even with pro bowlers.

His dumping of clowney is another example of poor player evaluation.

The offense could have scored more points if he doesn't nerf Watson all the time with slow developing plays and runs on 2nd and long and dumb screens that rarely work

CPTTexan

Waterboy
When has BoB made it work on offense with poor talent? He still makes mistakes with all the talent we do have on offense. KDog's not wrong that even good/great coaches need talented players. I don't necessarily think you need a pro-bowler at every position, but we had an elite run stuffing pro-bowler that may have helped keep Kamara from destroying our run defense. It's foolish to get rid of talent for effectively nothing in return with Mingo/Martin. Even if Clowney had held out through week 1 for us...he still would have had the same stats as those 2 guys did. You see the offenses focus on the 1 great player we have on the defensive line when they don't feel like there is another threat to have to contend with, and they made Watt look terrible because of it.

As far as passing defense...I think it's been an ongoing complaint for several years how far our CB's play off the receivers. I'm not sure why anyone was surprised that our cb's were off the line that far. Either our CB's aren't good or the coaching staff is scared to be aggressive in a high pressure situation or both. I think it's both myself.

Personally, I'd rather lose by taking a chance getting burned down the field than let the other team methodically get yards and try the field goal. Taking risks has its drawbacks, but we lost anyway. Take the risk.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think Roby was playing a little closer. He has the speed to do that. JJo and colvin don't. We really don't have anyone else. Matthieu is sorely missed.

Unfortunately Roby probably leaves for a big contract next year.

mussop

Hall of Fame
That’s wrong.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
When has BoB made it work on offense with poor talent? He still makes mistakes with all the talent we do have on offense. KDog's not wrong that even good/great coaches need talented players. I don't necessarily think you need a pro-bowler at every position, but we had an elite run stuffing pro-bowler that may have helped keep Kamara from destroying our run defense. It's foolish to get rid of talent for effectively nothing in return with Mingo/Martin. Even if Clowney had held out through week 1 for us...he still would have had the same stats as those 2 guys did. You see the offenses focus on the 1 great player we have on the defensive line when they don't feel like there is another threat to have to contend with, and they made Watt look terrible because of it.

As far as passing defense...I think it's been an ongoing complaint for several years how far our CB's play off the receivers. I'm not sure why anyone was surprised that our cb's were off the line that far. Either our CB's aren't good or the coaching staff is scared to be aggressive in a high pressure situation or both. I think it's both myself.

Personally, I'd rather lose by taking a chance getting burned down the field than let the other team methodically get yards and try the field goal. Taking risks has its drawbacks, but we lost anyway. Take the risk.
You still aren't getting the point because like others you are to busy trying to turn this back into the same stupid arguments we have had around this place for a year now that has run good people off. I never said BoB has made it work, I never said we were better without Clowney, I never said you don't need talent. Read what I said and also realize you are jumping into the middle of an argument with a lot of history behind it. Constantly there has been no excuse or explanation that was good enough for Kdog and others for BoBs performance, that's fair, but now when RAC screwed up and the offense is on the up turn the excuses come out. This has ZERO to do with BoB or really even RAC and is more about holding both to the same standards.

Everyone that has said that talent is an issue on offense has been called an OB supporter, a BoB defender and, my favorite, an O'Brien nuthugger. Also we were all suppose to go into hiding. Well now the RAC nuthuggers are the ones circling the wagons and going into hiding or beating to death the two times outs as though they meant jack in that game.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You still aren't getting the point because like others you are to busy trying to turn this back into the same stupid arguments we have had around this place for a year now that has run good people off. I never said BoB has made it work, I never said we were better without Clowney, I never said you don't need talent. Read what I said and also realize you are jumping into the middle of an argument with a lot of history behind it. Constantly there has been no excuse or explanation that was good enough for Kdog and others for BoBs performance, that's fair, but now when RAC screwed up and the offense is on the up turn the excuses come out. This has ZERO to do with BoB or really even RAC and is more about holding both to the same standards.

Everyone that has said that talent is an issue on offense has been called an OB supporter, a BoB defender and, my favorite, an O'Brien nuthugger. Also we were all suppose to go into hiding. Well now the RAC nuthuggers are the ones circling the wagons and going into hiding or beating to death the two times outs as though they meant jack in that game.
I said O'Brien chose that crappy talent

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I said O'Brien chose that crappy talent
Really, that's funny because I thought it was Gaine that let badger walk and signed Rody and Colvin. Also hasn't it long been said around here that RAC has full control of the defense and that's why its been so good?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Really, that's funny because I thought it was Gaine that let badger walk and signed Rody and Colvin. Also hasn't it long been said around here that RAC has full control of the defense and that's why its been so good?
Yeah that was the point of contention. O'Brien has ALWAYS had say here. Now he has zero pushback, hence clowney is gone

I never bought the idea that Rick and gaine did things he didn't want.

Anyways "no excuses" finally even though he's been head coach half a decade

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Yeah that was the point of contention. O'Brien has ALWAYS had say here. Now he has zero pushback, hence clowney is gone

I never bought the idea that Rick and gaine did things he didn't want.

Anyways "no excuses" finally even though he's been head coach half a decade
So you think that Smith and Gaine would come to BoB, especially when he first got here, and say "Ok Bill, you tell us who you want and we'll do whatever we have to sign them" or "You tell us who you want gone and we'll do anything to get them out of here". I'm sure BoB had a say, no question on that, but to think he has always been the man with all the power is ludicrous.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So you think that Smith and Gaine would come to BoB, especially when he first got here, and say "Ok Bill, you tell us who you want and we'll do whatever we have to sign them" or "You tell us who you want gone and we'll do anything to get them out of here". I'm sure BoB had a say, no question on that, but to think he has always been the man with all the power is ludicrous.
Yes that's what I think and in fact what John McClain has said many times.

O'Brien has even said the GM isn't gonna get him a player he doesn't want.

CPTTexan

Waterboy

If you were around the Texans (official site) team boards at all in the last 10-15 years, you'd realize what type of person I am and how I see things. I typically don't care what side of the ball it's on, I'll call out bad play/coaching/gm'ing whenever I see it. The Texans have given me plenty of ammunition to work with unfortunately. You're worried about being called an OB "loyalist" lol, while the other side is worried about being called Crennel "loyalists"....yet both sides have major problems.

O'Brien is not now, nor has he ever been a great coach. Everyone talks about him being Brady's OC as if Brady hadn't already won 3 SB titles before O'Brien even got there. He didn't make Brady great and he's not making Watson good. Those guys were already great/good. He's terrible with clock and game management. He calls idiotic plays at inopportune times and basically hopes the talent he has can bail him out of poor situational awareness. I'm not even going to start on his GM role....whatever you want to argue that is. That said, when he gets out of his head trying to "outsmart" the other team and lets the offense shine, they are close to brilliant.

Crennel was at least at one point a great defensive coordinator. He was a below average (terrible) head coach. I've seen another poster say maybe the game has passed him by and I agree with that at this point. He's never had great CB's to work with here so we've always been okay at best and terrible at worst in the back. He's had some great players in the front 7 for us, but unless we have great players on both sides, his defenses can't seem to get pressure which then exposes our terrible back end which play off the ball because of the fear of getting beat.

I personally think the better move before last season would have been to make Vrabel the HC and get rid of both O'Brien and Crennel.

As far as me responding to an ongoing "conversation" between you and KDog.....No...I quoted what I was responding to. I'm aware of the back and forth between y'all. I've read it all. I agree with both on you on several points, and neither one of you are wrong. There's hope for optimism with what we have on offense, but the team has serious issues on both sides of the ball. I've been here a long time. Just haven't posted because I got burnt out with the official site board before it went belly up. (I was a moderator there for a long time so I know the issues with moderation and how much of a sucky job it can be to the ones having to do it and why they disappear because of it)

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
If you were around the Texans (official site) team boards at all in the last 10-15 years, you'd realize what type of person I am and how I see things. I typically don't care what side of the ball it's on, I'll call out bad play/coaching/gm'ing whenever I see it. The Texans have given me plenty of ammunition to work with unfortunately. You're worried about being called an OB "loyalist" lol, while the other side is worried about being called Crennel "loyalists"....yet both sides have major problems.

O'Brien is not now, nor has he ever been a great coach. Everyone talks about him being Brady's OC as if Brady hadn't already won 3 SB titles before O'Brien even got there. He didn't make Brady great and he's not making Watson good. Those guys were already great/good. He's terrible with clock and game management. He calls idiotic plays at inopportune times and basically hopes the talent he has can bail him out of poor situational awareness. I'm not even going to start on his GM role....whatever you want to argue that is. That said, when he gets out of his head trying to "outsmart" the other team and lets the offense shine, they are close to brilliant.

Crennel was at least at one point a great defensive coordinator. He was a below average (terrible) head coach. I've seen another poster say maybe the game has passed him by and I agree with that at this point. He's never had great CB's to work with here so we've always been okay at best and terrible at worst in the back. He's had some great players in the front 7 for us, but unless we have great players on both sides, his defenses can't seem to get pressure which then exposes our terrible back end which play off the ball because of the fear of getting beat.

I personally think the better move before last season would have been to make Vrabel the HC and get rid of both O'Brien and Crennel.

As far as me responding to an ongoing "conversation" between you and KDog.....No...I quoted what I was responding to. I'm aware of the back and forth between y'all. I've read it all. I agree with both on you on several points, and neither one of you are wrong. There's hope for optimism with what we have on offense, but the team has serious issues on both sides of the ball. I've been here a long time. Just haven't posted because I got burnt out with the official site board before it went belly up. (I was a moderator there for a long time so I know the issues with moderation and how much of a sucky job it can be to the ones having to do it and why they disappear because of it)
I'm with you on vrabel. Make him hc, but keep Crennel as dc and find a real oc

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

You know what, I agree with you. I've read through it several times and I agree with pretty much all you have said. Great post.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Now you I disagree with. :clown: If we are going to clean house, and my gut tells me after this season we should, then lets fully clean house and get rid of RAC to.
Well at that point I agree. If we're gonna clean house then let the new gm or head coach decide who is his DC.

Also the next regime will need a lot of patience without first round picks for two years and being in salary cap hell

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
For those of you blaming Crennel , I believe you are dead wrong.

You look at that last play , they are in man coverage and one guy made a mistake - Colvin.

He drops 4 yards too deep opening a big window for Brees to toss it into. He executes that coverage properly and that ball isn't even thrown as everyone else is blanketed.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
For those of you blaming Crennel , I believe you are dead wrong.

You look at that last play , they are in man coverage and one guy made a mistake - Colvin.

He drops 4 yards too deep opening a big window for Brees to toss it into. He executes that coverage properly and that ball isn't even thrown as everyone else is blanketed.
But he's gotta coach colvin or get him off the field, which I think he will

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
But he's gotta coach colvin or get him off the field, which I think he will

You don't think he's coached Colvin on that situation right along with the rest of the DB's who were in perfect position ? Take a look at the play and freeze it as the ball leaves Brees hand.

Colvin may be the "best" he has to work with …. as bad as he has been. I would have cut him after last year.

Romeo calls some of his defenses predicated on pressuring the other teams Qb. Unfortunately our defense hasn't delivered in the way of steady pressure on opposing Qb's. That is part on RC but RC's secondary shortcomings stem from him counting on the other teams Qbs having less time to deliver a completed pass than they have. Also causing pressure that keeps quarterbacks in the pocket.

I am not saying we have a strong secondary but they could do better if they didn't have to spend so much time covering receivers!

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

If all BOB chooses is bad players, (I dont think he's the guy doing the choosing until this yr) then how has he been able to let good players go?