Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fire Romeo Crennel

Decim8

Veteran
You know what makes that repeated and repeated, "4 more years"
I hate that saying, it brings nothing but painful memories for me and its got nothing to do with @steelbtexan.

We(nz) are n.o 1 in the world rugby rankings like every year and were the heavy favorites to win the 2001 rugby world cup. We met our rivals aus in the semis, we basically beat them every year except for the one game that counted most. Once the final whistle blew and we got eliminated, one of the aus players screamed "4 more years boys" (world cup is every 4 years).....it was absolutely heart breaking lol now the saying "4 more years boys" gets used alot during world cup year lol

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
No you actually said he was S______. And he couldn’t run a pro offense. Not only that but we’re stuck with him for another 4 years. Like it’s a bad thing. Then you had the nerve to say he’s the reason why Obrien negotiations fired.

Everyone on this board knows your true feelings towards Watson. That’s not a misrepresentation at all.
Total BS.

You can't let something go that I said during a game thread over a year ago. I don't care if he's a mensa candidate or the S word you can't even spell out. He's an avg QB right now and we all hope that he gets better because as of right now we are in the middle of a lost decade of mediocrity which is being lead by a avg QB.

Avg QBs usually don't get to make the call on who the next HC/GM is. But this is that Cal run PR machine. Cal is one S- word MFer speaking of stupid and you can give me a list of his academic accomplishments but there's a difference between book smart and being able to run a billion dollar business. Cal is the NFL's version of Hunter Biden. Best we can do is laugh at his decision making capabilities. Just look at what's happened since Cal took over, we're now in to GM #3. LMAO

BTW, unlike back at your post because it misrepresent the truth again. There will be more coming back at you if you want to distort the truth or are having reasons comprehension issues.

I will add in closing 2 things, 1 DW4's an avg QB. 2 I feel sorry for Bienemy who's going to be the next HC because that's who DW4 wants because it's going to be a long 4 yrs regardless of who the next HC/GM is.

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Thinking about this "long 4 years" mantra. When you consider the Oilers won the AFL championship in 1961 and went 34 years without winning anything significant and the Texans haven't won anything significant in 18 years, 4 years is nothing.

You might as well be optimistic and see how things plays out before passing judgement.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Thinking about this "long 4 years" mantra. When you consider the Oilers won the AFL championship in 1961 and went 34 years without winning anything significant and the Texans haven't won anything significant in 18 years, 4 years is nothing.

You might as well be optimistic and see how things plays out before passing judgement.
Tell me what's there to be optimistic about? Cletus is going to let his QB hire the next HC. What is that S-word MF'er thinking? What top tier org thinks like this?

Come to think of it and I hope she doesn't die soon but this org will be screwed up until Janice dies and this S word MF'er is forced to sell the team by his inbred siblings.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I feel sorry for Bienemy who's going to be the next HC because that's who DW4 wants because it's going to be a long 4 yrs regardless of who the next HC/GM is.
You know Bieniemy can easily say, “I’d rather go to Atlanta.”

So if Bieniemy decides to come to Houston it would be because he wants to come to Houston.”

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know Bieniemy can easily say, “I’d rather go to Atlanta.”

So if Bieniemy decides to come to Houston it would be because he wants to come to Houston.”
If Atlanta wants him.

If I was Bienemy I would rather go to Atlanta. They're not that far away from being a contender.

badboy

Hall of Fame
This is a very simple question to answer.

Because he continues to say that I think DW4's a bad QB and that's just blatantly false. If you posted something and somebody responded with falsehoods I feel quite certain after seeing your posting history over the yrs that you would also respond to said post.
Yeah perhaps the first 1,000 times but you have admitted that you egg it on and Texanballer74 admitted he gives you the eggs. Both of your POV are well established.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
If he thinks the personnel on this team is good enough to win, he needs to be fired yesterday!

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Any HC that's hired here isn't going to be a SB contender within the next 4 yrs.

Sorry about that but it's the truth.
I agree with you, but only because of the choices this organization has made in the past and being a pessimist

Not because DW failed at picking our HC, first off its not his job.

While I do agree it is a HORRIBLE idea to allow the QB to choose your next HC.

Given the most recent choices in HC/GM that DW had no part in...... I cant say he would do much worse.

At least IF he were to choose and IF he is as bad as you say....

.... he wouldnt have an endless sea of excuses, wave after wave.... season after season by his defenders to shore up on command.... as some did with OB.....

He would have his choice.... it would be time to prove it... or both could be easily and justifiably removed if there was not improvement. Why keep his guy, if he is gone?

Due to his contract, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon, whether you think him the problem or the savior.... why give built in excuses?

Again, if this were a well oiled machine of an organization... I would never be okay with this process..... but its not like doing it any other way has gotten through the glass cieling of mediocrity and our hands are more or less tied to some extent due to the previous HC/GM.... not like we are doing anything else for a couple years short of an "accidental miracle".

Id like to see it done the right way, just dont see it... so meh. I will just enjoy thst we are replacing the orevious one.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I agree with you, but only because of the choices this organization has made in the past and being a pessimist

Not because DW failed at picking our HC, first off its not his job.

While I do agree it is a HORRIBLE idea to allow the QB to choose your next HC.

Given the most recent choices in HC/GM that DW had no part in...... I cant say he would do much worse.

At least IF he were to choose and IF he is as bad as you say....

.... he wouldnt have an endless sea of excuses, wave after wave.... season after season by his defenders to shore up on command.... as some did with OB.....

He would have his choice.... it would be time to prove it... or both could be easily and justifiably removed if there was not improvement. Why keep his guy, if he is gone?

Due to his contract, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon, whether you think him the problem or the savior.... why give built in excuses?

Again, if this were a well oiled machine of an organization... I would never be okay with this process..... but its not like doing it any other way has gotten through the glass cieling of mediocrity and our hands are more or less tied to some extent due to the previous HC/GM.... not like we are doing anything else for a couple years short of an "accidental miracle".
I agree with you. It will probably be best because they can finally clean house after 4 or 5 yrs. The guy I'm going to really feel sorry for because this will be his 1st HC job and probably his last job because the Texans aren't going to win anything.

The problem i have with DW4 getting to pick his HC is that this isn't the way successful orgs operate.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
David Johnson: 14 carries for 42 yards
How many of those carries would you estimate David........or Duke had a lane to run thru? 1? 2? Yes it's true David is slow, but i think that's mostly hesitancy in him looking for somewhere to run b/c there's NO WHERE to go once he gets the ball. You can see a similar effect with the cowboys and Zeke. 4 of 5 of their o-line starters out, Zeke 1 of the better more athletic backs in the league looks like Alfred Blue.

Also, what the hell has happened to Scharping? Did he get benched?

Texansballer74

The Marine
How many of those carries would you estimate David........or Duke had a lane to run thru? 1? 2? Yes it's true David is slow, but i think that's mostly hesitancy in him looking for somewhere to run b/c there's NO WHERE to go once he gets the ball. You can see a similar effect with the cowboys and Zeke. 4 of 5 of their o-line starters out, Zeke 1 of the better more athletic backs in the league looks like Alfred Blue.

Bro my point is dude isn’t running hard. On some of those runs he could’ve bounce it outside. And sometimes you have to be patient and let the hole develop.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

^^^^
This

They need to get Scharping some tape for the new regime to look at.

bigmck

Rookie
No you actually said he was S______. And he couldn’t run a pro offense. Not only that but we’re stuck with him for another 4 years. Like it’s a bad thing. Then you had the nerve to say he’s the reason why Obrien was fired.

Everyone on this board knows your true feelings towards Watson. That’s not a misrepresentation at all.
Let me get in on this argument................I have seen three or four times where "we have DW4 for another four years". The Texans have been around since 2002. That is a lot of years and he is the ONLY, repeat ONLY real QB we have had. Let's just build around him.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

Good question and here is your answer. You might want to mute it. It has a video game character laughing at the lunacy:

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I'd like for one of our RPO experts to look at the play there in the 3rd Qtr at 2:46 & tell me what the read is. Who is the QB looking at that determines whether he's going to hand it off or pass it?
I was wondering the exact same thing.

To me, I'd think Watson has all the physical tools required to play an RPO heavy offense.

Now, something is going terribly wrong with doing this, is it that the scheme is crap ie it becomes easy to trigger a certain read by setting up false steps then blowing up the resultant play. Or, is Watson not making the correct read.

If the play is the one I'm thinking of, Watson is running to the left and as he reaches the edge he is clearly getting blown up, there's still Johnson who can take it to the outside, but Watson doesn't give it to him. At the same time as saying that, 2 GB defenders seem to be there to cover off the outside sweep anyway, but Johnson could make them miss in space.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Who put the Texans in this situation? RS, OB, or Watson......please select 1.
You left out #4 option which is the most important of them all, The McNair's incompetence unless you only consider making $$$$ which they are very competent in doing.

Here's my list of on field issues and why the situation is what it is.

1. Bob McNair and the trading of DB.
2. RS for the yrs of neglecting the OL and leaving DW4 exposed to being ruined like Carr was behind a bad OL and drafting DW4 to begin with.
3. BOB for being inflexible even though he wasn't given his choice of QB's he wanted.
4. DW4 himself for not being able to improve the weaknesses in his game.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I'd like for one of our RPO experts to look at the play there in the 3rd Qtr at 2:46 & tell me what the read is. Who is the QB looking at that determines whether he's going to hand it off or pass it?
Out of curiosity, why did you pick that play? It's like the only successful run play we had yesterday.

IMO, Watson doesn't truly have the option to keep & run. When was the last time we saw him keep & run? Two seasons ago?

Decim8

Veteran
You left out #4 option which is the most important of them all, The McNair's incompetence unless you only consider making $$$$ which they are very competent in doing.

2. RS for the yrs of neglecting the OL and leaving DW4 exposed to being ruined like Carr was behind a bad OL and drafting DW4 to begin with.
3. BOB for being inflexible even though he wasn't given his choice of QB's he wanted.
1. Agreed. Hes still playing well. Atleast RS was able to get something decent in return
2. Under RS we did for a time have a solid line and after hoyer's 4ints in a playoff game, we needed a qb badly. Atleast we didn't draft Mitchell
3. Whether they stop gaps or not hes been given quite a few qbs.
4. Imo I think hes showing improvement, maybe not as fast as you like. Id say hes a good to solid qb

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1. Agreed. Hes still playing well. Atleast RS was able to get something decent in return
2. Under RS we did for a time have a solid line and after hoyer's 4ints in a playoff game, we needed a qb badly. Atleast we didn't draft Mitchell
3. Whether they stop gaps or not hes been given quite a few qbs.
4. Imo I think hes showing improvement, maybe not as fast as you like. Id say hes a good to solid qb
2. The fact is after Kubiak/Gibbs left Kirby RS replaced aging talent on the OL with Brooks/B. Jones and then he let DB/Brooks/B.Jones walk wih only N.Martin to replace them. The fact that they did have a solid OL and Hoyer was the QB behind them was reason enough to fire RS. IMHO

3.Do you think for the entire time he was here RS got BOB the QB BOB wanted? I dont. Not taking up for BOB. 51-7

4. There will be no championships. An avg QB that's being paid like a superstar QB, therefore not allowing the GM to add talent enough to win a championship even if DW4's as good as some on this MB thinks he is. Which he isn't and never will be a top tier QB IMHO. The Texans are basically screwed. But hey they're going to make alot of $$$$ with re-signing DW4.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans

Yes, I did forget the McNair’s.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Tell me what's there to be optimistic about? Cletus is going to let his QB hire the next HC. What is that S-word MF'er thinking? What top tier org thinks like this?

Come to think of it and I hope she doesn't die soon but this org will be screwed up until Janice dies and this S word MF'er is forced to sell the team by his inbred siblings.

I gotta take up for Cal a bit.

That's a sharp dude and a very good business man .... You don't get an MBA from Rice without some degree of intelligence. He's no idiot , far from it.

As for having experience hiring a GM or a HC for an NFL franchise ? Not many do and even those that do screw it up more often than not.

But Cal's been thru this process twice before to some degree watching it all transpire with a birds eye view ....

He's already shown us he's not Daddy by firing Ob 4 games into a season.

I know the idea of Pancakes having anything to do with the coaching search seems ludicrous at first thought .... but that guy knows more football than most by leaps and bounds and has contacts all over the league.

I can make no excuses for Easterby or Watson being in on that decision .... but lets see how it shakes out , they may surprise us , particularly with the GM hire (that's the one that really matters).

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

That's a sharp dude and a very good business man .... You don't get an MBA from Rice without some degree of intelligence. He's no idiot , far from it.

As for having experience hiring a GM or a HC for an NFL franchise ? Not many do and even those that do screw it up more often than not.

But Cal's been thru this process twice before to some degree watching it all transpire with a birds eye view ....

I know the idea of Pancakes having anything to do with the coaching search seems ludicrous at first thought .... but that guy knows more football than most by leaps and bounds and has contacts all over the league.

I can make no excuses for Easterby or Watson being in on that decision .... but lets see how it shakes out , they may surprise us , particularly with the GM hire (that's the one that really matters).
When your dad is a billionaire (McNair) or powerful Bush clan they tend to get degrees from schools like Rice or Yale. We know the Bush clan aren't Ivy League material or maybe an Ivy League education is overrated. BTW, my son is currently living in New Haven and I'm not impressed except for all of the history. Not getting into politics but why hasn't BLM come down hard on Yale who's founder was a slave holder. Hmmm

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I get what you're saying, but in our collective defense, we are strictly looking at him from a football perspective.

Nobody questions his business acumen. I have no doubt that Houston Texans, Inc. will continue to be a highly profitable entertainment business. There's that MBA from Rice working.

However, Daddy fired Gary before the season was over, too. Nothing new under the sun.

What Bob McNair did NOT do is hand the keys of the entire franchise over to Kubiak and basically abdicate his own responsibilities as an owner.

Firing O'Brien was just Cal cleaning up his own mess.

And now there's the Jack Easterby influence.

And Watson in the FO?? Bob would probably think that not only are the inmates running the asylum, but now they are hiring the warden and guards, too! ;)

As far as pancakes, there is a reason why he's so football smart that he's never worked for an NFL team. It's much easier to write about it than actually do it. Heck, this entire forum is predicated on that basic concept.

I've heard enough of McClain over the years to know he's talking out of his butt about a quarter of the time. The rest is just basic stuff and history, which is fun, but not necessarily required to run a successful football franchise. His defensive attitude about some current things with the Texans is a clear bias that he wants to stay in their good graces, so he's certainly not going to rock the boat by being an actual, y'know, investigative reporter asking the tough questions. He's just one of Cal's little lapdogs now.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I get what you're saying, but in our collective defense, we are strictly looking at him from a football perspective.

Nobody questions his business acumen. I have no doubt that Houston Texans, Inc. will continue to be a highly profitable entertainment business. There's that MBA from Rice working.

However, Daddy fired Gary before the season was over, too. Nothing new under the sun.

What Bob McNair did NOT do is hand the keys of the entire franchise over to Kubiak and basically abdicate his own responsibilities as an owner.

Firing O'Brien was just Cal cleaning up his own mess.

And now there's the Jack Easterby influence.

And Watson in the FO?? Bob would probably think that not only are the inmates running the asylum, but now they are hiring the warden and guards, too! ;)

As far as pancakes, there is a reason why he's so football smart that he's never worked for an NFL team. It's much easier to write about it than actually do it. Heck, this entire forum is predicated on that basic concept.

I've heard enough of McClain over the years to know he's talking out of his butt about a quarter of the time. The rest is just basic stuff and history, which is fun, but not necessarily required to run a successful football franchise. His defensive attitude about some current things with the Texans is a clear bias that he wants to stay in their good graces, so he's certainly not going to rock the boat by being an actual, y'know, investigative reporter asking the tough questions. He's just one of Cal's little lapdogs now.
Someone had to say it and I’m glad it was you. McClain, Watson and Easterby should have zero input into high level decisions being made for the owner of an NFL franchise. The McNair’s are only assuring themselves that they will remain an inside joke the other owners tell behind their backs as they pilfer the good talent the McNair’s new GM lucks into drafting for the next 6 or 7 years.

I have a sinking feeling the Texans will have a hasty pick of a GM nobody has ever heard of by seasons end. I have lost all faith in ownership.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Someone had to say it and I’m glad it was you. McClain, Watson and Easterby should have zero input into high level decisions being made for the owner of an NFL franchise. The McNair’s are only assuring themselves that they will remain an inside joke the other owners tell behind their backs as they pilfer the good talent the McNair’s new GM lucks into drafting for the next 6 or 7 years.

I have a sinking feeling the Texans will have a hasty pick of a GM nobody has ever heard of by seasons end. I have lost all faith in ownership.
Continues to show how dysfunctional Cal and company are. Not only that how freakin lazy they are as well. Like you stated no way in heck none of those guys should have that much say.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Someone had to say it and I’m glad it was you. McClain, Watson and Easterby should have zero input into high level decisions being made for the owner of an NFL franchise.
More than likely he's just pandering. Lining up a new set of scapegoats.

Kinda like saying, "Hey BO'b, get rid of that Hopkins fella. I know he's an All-Pro & all that, but I got a feeling about him. Trust me."

Then telling the media, "Well there were some decisions that were made that didn't play out as expected, so we're going in a different direction."