Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fire Lovie Smith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
My dream coaching scenario would be for Demeco to come back to Houston as our HC and Kubiack to be hired as his OC.
If you're talking about Klint Kubiak, Denver QB coach and former Vikings OC, then that would be a real possibility. Bring in Klay Kubiak, Niners assistant QB coach, as QB coach, too. Not going to get Gary, but DeMeco could still go full on Kubiak.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I can’t get excited about Gannon at all. Is he better than Lovie?

Yes. Then again Zoey the wonder dog is a better choice than Lovie. Zoey just barked In agreement. She claims she will work for biscuits and chicken jerky.

I see zero reason to get all hot and bothered over Gannon. It’s another fubar and future train wreck coming in slow motion. Another meh pick that does nothing to get this fan base behind the team.

Only D guy that makes me do backflips is Ryans. Otherwise, I want an innovative up and coming offensive guy.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
I can’t get excited about Gannon at all. Is he better than Lovie?

Yes. Then again Zoey the wonder dog is a better choice than Lovie. Zoey just barked In agreement. She claims she will work for biscuits and chicken jerky.

I see zero reason to get all hot and bothered over Gannon. It’s another fubar and future train wreck coming in slow motion. Another meh pick that does nothing to get this fan base behind the team.

Only D guy that makes me do backflips is Ryans. Otherwise, I want an innovative up and coming offensive guy.
I think Gannon would bring a superb staff with him. What if it meant Zimmer as DC though?

Porky

Hall of Fame
I think Gannon would bring a superb staff with him. What if it meant Zimmer as DC though?
What gives you that impression? He has no history of that, he is working for a control freak masquerading as a GM that will end up picking the coaches, in a place with bad ownership that can’t even get losing right…and you think top flight assistants will follow that guy with zero track record? Wake up nobody worth a **** is coming to this train wreck.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
What gives you that impression? He has no history of that, he is working for a control freak masquerading as a GM that will end up picking the coaches, in a place with bad ownership that can’t even get losing right…and you think top flight assistants will follow that guy with zero track record? Wake up nobody worth a **** is coming to this train wreck.
It was in an article posted earlier as a possibility.

wildroot

Rookie
No, I don't buy that.
During the interview process Gannon has or will tell/told NC who he has at the ready to come on board as his assistants. If NC doesn't like the names, he won't hire him. End of interview, end of story.
But there arent any coaches that will sign on if the GM insists on hiring his assistants, and anyone that says that's whats happened in the past with NC is FoS! That may have been the case with Culley, but he was so over his head when taking the job that he probably welcomed the help. Culley was being offered 100× more money than he had ever made in his career AND at the tail end of his career. All he was seeing was the $$$ signs! And more power to him!

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
No, I don't buy that.
During the interview process Gannon has or will tell/told NC who he has at the ready to come on board as his assistants. If NC doesn't like the names, he won't hire him. End of interview, end of story.
But there arent any coaches that will sign on if the GM insists on hiring his assistants, and anyone that says that's whats happened in the past with NC is FoS! That may have been the case with Culley, but he was so over his head when taking the job that he probably welcomed the help. Culley was being offered 100× more money than he had ever made in his career AND at the tail end of his career. All he was seeing was the $$$ signs! And more power to him!
amazing how social media has screwed up the proverbial common sense radars of people.

A bug reason some want NC fired is b/c of the perception that these HC fails over the last 2 years have been on him. The fact that Lovie is already in Cal’s office pleading his case for a 2nd year should tell you all you need to know about who these HC hires have been on. He’s appealing to Cal b/c he already knows NC is likely ready to axe his ass.

wildroot

Rookie
amazing how social media has screwed up the proverbial common sense radars of people.

A bug reason some want NC fired is b/c of the perception that these HC fails over the last 2 years have been on him. The fact that Lovie is already in Cal’s office pleading his case for a 2nd year should tell you all you need to know about who these HC hires have been on. He’s appealing to Cal b/c he already knows NC is likely ready to axe his ass.
Or because Cal is the one who hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.