Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fire Crenell,. Trade Watson & Cut Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.
His physical presence may be out of the building, but his impact will linger for the next 2-3 years or more.

I’m with 76 in that dude just took the joy out of it. Even during their 9 game winning streak, there was just never any juice. I just never believed in this team with him leading it.

His physical presence may be out of the building, but his impact will linger for the next 2-3 years or more.

I’m with 76 in that dude just took the joy out of it. Even during their 9 game winning streak, there was just never any juice. I just never believed in this team with him leading it.

4 long yrs

I read lots of things and try to look at things objectively and without emotion. First looking at his record and what he has achieved as a coach your statement that he wasn’t a good coach is false. If you had said he wasn’t a good GM then I would agree with you but as far as coaching goes he did get things out of players others didn’t think they had. He made Hoyer and Osweiler look way better than they had any right to look. Was he a good fit for Watson no he was not Watson was not the right kind of QB for his system. That’s not a knock against either one of them. Reid couldn’t do much with Alex Smith even though he was a well above average QB because Smith wasn’t a good fit for Reid.

My one knock against his coaching is he kept trying to make the players fit the system rather than adjusting the system to fit the players and he tried to do everything himself. Both of these are signs of a first time manager or in this case a first time HC.

Next you said he was a “locker room destroyer” when again there is zero evidence of that. In fact pretty much the one good thing people on this board have said in the last couple of years is that the players play hard for him and they respect him. Again it was only this year that he lost the locker room as it were and part of that is the moves he made as the GM. It’s another reason the roles are kept separate so the HC doesn’t have to be the bad guy and pit himself against the players like a GM often does.

As far as being an A hole as you put it yes he was. But in case you haven’t noticed most people in the NFL are. Hell its almost a job requirement for HCs and GMs. Name me one successful HC that wouldn’t be called an asshole.

Do I agree with OB being fired, absolutely I do. That being said though I think once tempers have cooled and people look back in hindsight he won’t seem as bad as he does right now just like how people look back and see Kubiak wasn’t as bad as they thought at the time. Hindsight being 20/20 and all that.
Hoyer statistically had a better year with the Bears (no INT), but IMO, the year he had with the Browns was his best (some of the Ints were on hail marry passes) as he did not have a good supporting cast. That was the reason BOB wanted him.

Same (but differently), Osweiler had a pretty decent year under Kubiak - some Broncos fans even thought he deserved to start in the playoff over the aging and ailing Peyton.
His stat line was also better there.

No, even predictable Kubiak is a thousand time more exciting than OB's offense.
I don't hear you complain when Tannehill run the same offense.

I just asked you a question.

I certainly wasn't complaining about anything.

You sure have been a little sensative lately. I can see why after the Texans were shutout in the 1st half yesterday and put up a bunch of hollow stats in the 2nd half.

I just asked you a question.

I certainly wasn't complaining about anything.

You sure have been a little sensative lately. I can see why after the Texans were shutout in the 1st half yesterday and put up a bunch of hollow stats in the 2nd half.
You know what assume can bring. :corrosion:

Tampa Bay just might win a Super Bowl this season and they turned things around in a hurry. Even the Bills and Browns are making great strides and the Texans have their best chance to follow in their footsteps and become a winning team. Will they? Does Cal have what it takes to hire good people and turn this team from a mediocre one into a good one? That is the question. If he does not do it this time around then maybe the problem is him and the team will be an average one unless and until it is solid to someone else.

Tampa Bay just might win a Super Bowl this season and they turned things around in a hurry. Even the Bills and Browns are making great strides and the Texans have their best chance to follow in their footsteps and become a winning team. Will they? Does Cal have what it takes to hire good people and turn this team from a mediocre one into a good one? That is the question. If he does not do it this time around then maybe the problem is him and the team will be an average one unless and until it is solid to someone else.

True enough but the Browns and the Buccs had resources to spare which allowed them to go out and draft starters and sign big names. Plus in TB case they got the GOAT with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. If Brady wasn’t there no way Gronk comes out of retirement and possibly even AB doesn’t sign though I’m not sure that’s actually a good thing.

For the Browns I still think Baker is a bust. The teams they have beat are nothing to write home about. Ravens and Steelers stomped them, Bengals got close both times, Washington is Washington, cowgirls suck more than usual and even the colts are still shell shocked from Luck bailing on them.

We sadly have no resources cap wise or draft wise so this is going to be hard even by rebuild standards.

True enough but the Browns and the Buccs had resources to spare which allowed them to go out and draft starters and sign big names. Plus in TB case they got the GOAT with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. If Brady wasn’t there no way Gronk comes out of retirement and possibly even AB doesn’t sign though I’m not sure that’s actually a good thing.

For the Browns I still think Baker is a bust. The teams they have beat are nothing to write home about. Ravens and Steelers stomped them, Bengals got close both times, Washington is Washington, cowgirls suck more than usual and even the colts are still shell shocked from Luck bailing on them.

We sadly have no resources cap wise or draft wise so this is going to be hard even by rebuild standards.
This more than likely means that the Texans will be strapped for money for years to come. More down season are probably on the horizon unfortunately.

Agreed about the the Bucs and Browns.

The rebuild wont be easy but if they hire the right GM it can be done.

This more than likely means that the Texans will be strapped for money for years to come. More down season are probably on the horizon unfortunately.

Not if they start clearing cap room now the rebuild should only be about 2 yrs. I dont expect Cal to get this right though. He probably thinks they're only a HC away from greatness.

I don't think that Cal has the knowledge about the NFL as a business to rebuild this team as far as making smart deals. So it will all depend on the GM he hires, maybe he'll get lucky and find a good one.

Not if they start clearing cap room now the rebuild should only be about 2 yrs. I dont expect Cal to get this right though. He probably thinks they're only a HC away from greatness.

I don’t know, maybe we are being to hard on Cal and judging him based on his father. He’s already shown he’s cut from a different cloth. Can you envision Bob McNair ever firing a HC 5 games into a season. If you look at it Cal didn’t have much chance to get his feet under him with the first decisions. Bob McNair hired Gaines and Cal fired him soon after his dad died so you know he wasn’t fully focused and making OB the GM might not have been the wisest move but given the circumstances at the time there is a certain method to the madness.

I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he does next. If they screw the poach on this one then yeah it’s business as usual but there is a very good argument to be made that this is Cal’s first real time up to bat.

Can you not take a joke. I found it funny. It’s not serious, lightning up a bit.

But the fact remains, you don’t like Watson. And that’s cool, but why is the question
You are certainly entitled to that opinion. But the answer simply lies in the fact that I see things as they are, and am just not as enamored with Watson's play as some others.

Did you get tired of what most on this MB called Kubiak's predictable offense before he was fired.
This is it. People pining for Kubiak need to take a look at Minnesota this season.
7th in passing yards
9th in rushing yards
17th in TDs
1-5 record, forget which losers the got their W against. Yeah its as much on the D, but his offense moves the chains between the 20's and breaks down in the redzone. Asks too much of the D to make stops for a modern NFL team.

That said, I'd love to bring back a WCO as I loved watching it, but Kubes isn't the man to run it unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back