Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Favorite player at every position?(on the Texans)

Grid

All Pro
So, on another forum this was a post. It is a forum with fans from a lot of different teams.. but I thought it was kind of interesting. I figured it would be easy to decide.. but as i went down the list I had some tough decisions.. so I thought id post it here to see what yall would say.

Favorite Player At Every Position (on your team).

here are mine

QB: Carr (duh)
RB: Double D (Domanick Davis)
FB: Moran Norris
WR: Andre Johnson (tough one.. Armstrong and Gaffney rock)
TE: Bennie Joppru (please please recover from your injury)
OL: Chester Pitts (the little olineman that could)
DL: Robaire Smith
LB: Jamie Sharper
CB: Dunta Robinson baby!
S: Glenn Earl

Grid said:
QB: Carr (duh)
RB: Double D (Domanick Davis)
FB: Moran Norris
WR: Andre Johnson (tough one.. Armstrong and Gaffney rock)
TE: Bennie Joppru (please please recover from your injury)
OL: Chester Pitts (the little olineman that could)
DL: Robaire Smith
LB: Jamie Sharper
CB: Dunta Robinson baby!
S: Glenn Earl

Everyone except Joppru....I'd give Miller the nod.
And its a close one between Sharper and Peek

QB: Carr
RB: Hollings
FB: Norris
WR: AJ
TE: Breuner for now, BJ if he ever gets on the field
OL: Pitts
DL: Walker
LB: Sharper
CB: Glenn
S: Coleman

Walker, Glenn, and Coleman all get the nod based on there past accomplishments...However, all 3 should be unseated by season's end by Robaire, D-Rob, and Glenn Earl, respectively...

Grid said:
So, on another forum this was a post. It is a forum with fans from a lot of different teams.. but I thought it was kind of interesting. I figured it would be easy to decide.. but as i went down the list I had some tough decisions.. so I thought id post it here to see what yall would say.

Favorite Player At Every Position (on your team).

here are mine

QB: Carr (duh) AGREED
RB: Double D (Domanick Davis) AGREED
FB: Moran Norris NONE YET
WR: Andre Johnson (tough one.. Armstrong and Gaffney rock) AGREED
TE: Bennie Joppru (please please recover from your injury) NONE YET
OL: Chester Pitts (the little olineman that could) SETH WAND
DL: Robaire Smith GARY WALKER
LB: Jamie Sharper JASON BABIN
CB: Dunta Robinson baby! AGREED
S: Glenn Earl COLEMAN

Nobody has stood out @ the FB or TE position for me to label them as favorite. Seth Wand & Gary Walker are tremendous character guys. Babin is the Texans LB of the future and Coleman is still much better than Earl.

QB- Carr; Tough call, part of me says Banks. :fib
RB- Davis; I keep waiting to see something from Hollings.
WR-Armstrong; AJ is great, but I love under the radar guys
FB- idonno:
TE- idonno:
OL- Weigert
DL- Payne. :
LB-Babin. Dude is gonna be a freak.
CB-Glenn. but D-Rob and Faggins are closing in.
S -Coleman- Average at CB, should be a great S.

well I understand what everyone is saying about certain players being better. I chose my FAVORITE players at every position.. skill didnt really have everything to do with it.

I chose earl over coleman because, a: i still dont think of coleman as a FS, and b: because i see a lot of up side in earl.

I chose Joppru because Miller is a great receiving TE, but he isnt the total package.. i love the guy.. but Joppru could possibly be a star for us. plus, im rooting for Joppru and he seems to be working hard to get back.. so that makes me like the guy more. Bruenor I like..but havent had enough time to really build up a "liking" for him.

As for my other picks. I chose Pitts because he is just a great athlete, a solid player.. and showed that he could do the job no matter where you put him. he has played EVERY DOWN for us so far. Chose smith over walker because Smith has more of an attitude and I like that on a lineman :). I like Walker, but second on my list was Payne. He loves the sport, hes damn intelligent, and he is a force at DT.

Chose Sharper over Babin because I havent really heard much from Babin. He has been real quiet since he got here.. and his play on the field has not pushed him to the forefront and shown the type of guy he is... like Robinson has. That is not saying that Babin hasnt been playing well.. i think he has played very well.. just not "ESPN Highlight Reel" well. Robinson has just impressed me with how hard he plays, and his willingness to lay the smack down on someone. Anyway.. I chose Sharper because he is a team leader, and seems like a genuinely nice guy. Peek was also high on my list :).. but I wanted to choose him as my favorite special teamer :).. which BTW, i didnt include when i posted this. Favorite Special Teams player was at the bottom.. and I picked Peek.

RB: J. Wells, production
FB: Moran Norris by default
WR: AJ
TE: Do we ever use one?
OL: Pitts by default, none stand out
DL: Payne, he's finally playing
LB: Peek(what a shock huh)/Sharper cuz he is the texans Defense
CB: Dunta
S: Glenn Earl(still need a Roy williams type)
Special Teams: Peek again

here are mine

RB: Davis (with Wells a close 2nd)
FB: Baxter
WR: Johnson
TE: Breuner
OL: Pitts
DL: toss up between Payne and Smith
LB: Sharper
CB: Robinson
S: Coleman