Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Favorite NFL Sayings

gwallaia

Staff member
We’ve heard them a thousand times on NFL broadcasts. Some quips are made with great regularity. What are your favorite or most annoying NFL sayings?

I’ll begin:

”Express written consent”
”Ill afford”
”Physicality”

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Most annoying ... anytime an announcer refers to a play/situation as '..that's what you call a __________'

and the blank is filled in with something no one's ever heard of because the announcer is channeling his best John Madden good ol' everyfan explanation as though every play or situation in football has a folsky colloquialism.

Gears, grinded.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Most annoying? Almost anything Spencer Tillman says during the preseason.."smoke thru a keyhole"..."apple & a roadmap"...etc...

Madden's "Boom!"..miss that like a mug....

Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Liiiiiggggghhhhtttss, the party's oooovvveeerrrr"...I wasn't even watching football back then, but i watch those clips now & i can't help but crack up every time i hear that dude singing.

Tampa 2....Just amazes me how a defense that everyone had played before got renamed after Tampa Bay showed how you could play it to perfection & win. Don't even call it regular ol' cover 2 anymore lol.

Sure there are others I just can't think of them now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A conversation between Deion and Michael about anything.

Talking in studio about Cowher spitting or Strahan's teeth.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Most annoying? Almost anything Spencer Tillman says during the preseason.."smoke thru a keyhole"..."apple & a roadmap"...etc...

Madden's "Boom!"..miss that like a mug....

Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Liiiiiggggghhhhtttss, the party's oooovvveeerrrr"...I wasn't even watching football back then, but i watch those clips now & i can't help but crack up every time i hear that dude singing.

Tampa 2....Just amazes me how a defense that everyone had played before got renamed after Tampa Bay showed how you could play it to perfection & win. Don't even call it regular ol' cover 2 anymore lol.

Sure there are others I just can't think of them now.
Spencer’s “that’s what you call complimentary football” line is up there.