Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fantasy Football Woes

The woes have really hit me. Take a look at the players on my team: Greg Jennings, Darren Sproles, Amendola, MJD, Jimmy Graham, CJ Spiller, Jeremy Maclin

The one common denominator: they have been or currently are injured!!!

My team is snake bit.

Jimmy Gramm came back decent last week. Greg Jennings has been a huge disappointment for me, I finally dropped him. The cardinals have been hurting me that last couple weeks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Steve Jackson, why you getting slowly replaced? Why must you announce early on you aren't extending your contract >.< Had my lowest scoring week last week. Traded D. THomas for a desparate need at RB (Rashad Jennings, ugh), but I traded him to the guy I was playing because I didn't think Thomas would do *that* well. Wouldn't have made a difference with how my team played anyway...

Jimmy Gramm came back decent last week. Greg Jennings has been a huge disappointment for me, I finally dropped him. The cardinals have been hurting me that last couple weeks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I feel your pain with G Jennings...he's on my team too. And this week I was bitten by the bye week...my best (not) replacement..Brandon Weeden...think he ended with 2 FPTS today. Bout ready to throw in the towel...

With Aaron Rodgers on bye week, I dropped my back up and picked up Andrew Luck on waivers going against Jacksonville. I thought I was a genius when he had over 20pts with 2 rushing TDs...until...he threw a pick and then fumbled on a sack. He ended up with less points at the end of the game than he had midway through the 2nd quarter.

Bastid!!!

I benched Steven Jackson this week, and I due to a series of unfortunate incidents I had no access to a computer or my phone to take Owen Daniels out of my starting line-up. What have I done....

I hate it when some crap team who has been without hope of making playoffs for weeks picks up the guy who you need to replace an injured player.

like the 2-9 'ol dutch rudders probably knocking me out of the playoffs with bryce brown? :kitten:

I have no idea what this means. If you're in Vinny's league, then I think you got it backwards, I'm 9-3 and in first place. I did lose MacGahee though and didn't pick up Moreno. Went with Hillman because he had actually played this year, but apparently Moreno will be the lead back. Really hurts to miss out on him in one of my leagues because I don't have a viable third RB and the guy that got him was 5-7 with no chance of making the playoffs.

I really need to stop playing Fantasy Football. I have outsmarted myself again by dropping the Atlanta defense anticipating a shoot-out against the Saints. The Falcons respond by intercepting Drew Brees 5 times.

I picked up the Cleveland defense in hopes that would shut down the woeful Raiders.

This will be my last year playing Fantasy Football.

I really need to stop playing Fantasy Football. I have outsmarted myself again by dropping the Atlanta defense anticipating a shoot-out against the Saints. The Falcons respond by intercepting Drew Brees 5 times.

I picked up the Cleveland defense in hopes that would shut down the woeful Raiders.

This will be my last year playing Fantasy Football.

I will be revisiting this next season. The whole thing is projection and pot luck. I went 1-5 to start the season and have since gone 5-1. I really didnt change my approach. Same players...same management and the health of my players hasnt changed much.

I will be revisiting this next season. The whole thing is projection and pot luck. I went 1-5 to start the season and have since gone 5-1. I really didnt change my approach. Same players...same management and the health of my players hasnt changed much.

I agree to an extent. It isn't just pot luck. I've won my league two years in a row and am in the playoffs again this year beating my opponent right now. I don't think I'm necessarily going to win, but I have made some pretty dang good draft picks and trades that have gotten me those championships. I traded for Cam last season, drafted Arian in the 5th round two years ago, traded for MJD last year, drafted CJ Spiller and Doug Martin (who I traded away but then traded back for him), etc. Yes, there is definitely some luck involved for example my friend finished third in points for. His ranking: dead last. It seemed every week his opponent had a dominant week. That is ****ty luck. But drafting well and making savvy trades is far from luck.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

I agree to an extent. It isn't just pot luck. I've won my league two years in a row and am in the playoffs again this year beating my opponent right now. I don't think I'm necessarily going to win, but I have made some pretty dang good draft picks and trades that have gotten me those championships. I traded for Cam last season, drafted Arian in the 5th round two years ago, traded for MJD last year, drafted CJ Spiller and Doug Martin (who I traded away but then traded back for him), etc. Yes, there is definitely some luck involved for example my friend finished third in points for. His ranking: dead last. It seemed every week his opponent had a dominant week. That is ****ty luck. But drafting well and making savvy trades is far from luck.

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

My opinion sounds a bit more extreme then I would like. If you played in a 12 man league I would break it down into tiers. The top 4 owners are doing things right for instance, but their rankings amongst one another is luck. Who in that tier had the least injuries and least points scored against them? How did bye weeks effect them...etc.

In my league we have certain people who are always good owners and a handfull of baby seals. I would say good management / draft *should* get you to the playoffs. Once in the playoffs where its do or die...luck plays a huge role. Take brees this past week as an example. Normally he's nails all season long...1 performance like that in fantasy playoffs and the owner is likely out.

My opinion sounds a bit more extreme then I would like. If you played in a 12 man league I would break it down into tiers. The top 4 owners are doing things right for instance, but their rankings amongst one another is luck. Who in that tier had the least injuries and least points scored against them? How did bye weeks effect them...etc.

In my league we have certain people who are always good owners and a handfull of baby seals. I would say good management / draft *should* get you to the playoffs. Once in the playoffs where its do or die...luck plays a huge role. Take brees this past week as an example. Normally he's nails all season long...1 performance like that in fantasy playoffs and the owner is likely out.

Great points. Certainly cannot disagree especially about luck in the playoffs. I won the finals two years ago by 1 point and a year ago by like 3 points. Definitely a little luck there.

Back