Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fantasy football whiner line

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
List your misfortunes here to vent...

1. I drafted Andre Brown who now has a broken leg and has been ir'd with no chance to play till week 10.

2. I drafted and started Eric freaking Decker who dropped a sure td and fumbled for negative points. He garnered a grand total of 2 points for me. Damn near everyone else playing for the broncos got 80 tds, including wes wellker who plays for the owner i'm matched up against.

3. I didnt start Jordy Nelson because he was comming off an injury. He played just a handful of plays in the preseason. 19 point loss

4. I drafted David Wilson who is currently -4 points due to 2 fumbles. Hello Tom. Hello doghouse.

Somebody shoot me.

Still have Foster tomorrow night but he'll need a great performance for me to have any shot at winning this week.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Peyton + Demaryius = loss for my team this week. :strangle:

Frantic free agent & trade week -- opportunities abound.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
How cool is this tweet from WR Roddy White.... ?

Roddy White ‏@roddywhiteTV
No I can't give out an injury report before the game. I play real football and it would be stupid to tip the other team off and say I'm hurt

As far as fantasy if I don't participate in practice than don't start me it's a red flag

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
List your misfortunes here to vent...

1. I drafted Andre Brown who now has a broken leg and has been ir'd with no chance to play till week 10.

2. I drafted and started Eric freaking Decker who dropped a sure td and fumbled for negative points. He garnered a grand total of 2 points for me. Damn near everyone else playing for the broncos got 80 tds, including wes wellker who plays for the owner i'm matched up against.

3. I didnt start Jordy Nelson because he was comming off an injury. He played just a handful of plays in the preseason. 19 point loss

4. I drafted David Wilson who is currently -4 points due to 2 fumbles. Hello Tom. Hello doghouse.

Still have Foster tomorrow night but he'll need a great performance for me to have any shot at winning this week.

The bolded for me..a 7 TD night for your qb & you as the #2 WR don't get not 1....

If i lose this week it will be b/c of him & Dez Bryant...who last night put up a grand total of 2 pts.....& i had Boldin on the bench to boot.

PapaL

Loose Screw
My opponent had Peyton and Welker. Instantly I was down 86-7. Im up 11 pts going into tonight and he has AJ and McCoy left. At least I made it competitive.

Say Watt

Hall of Fame
My first and second round draft picks: CJ Spiller and Calvin Johnson. Both scored single digit fantasy points. Booooooooooooooooooo!

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
At the moment I'm down by 25.

I have Schaub, O.D., Graham, and Bullock.

It'll be just my luck that Kubiak runs Foster and Tate all night long and what few passes there are go to A.J. and Hopkins.

...forecasting doom...

:gun:

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
At the moment I'm down by 25.

I have Schaub, O.D., Graham, and Bullock.

It'll be just my luck that Kubiak runs Foster and Tate all night long and what few passes there are go to A.J. and Hopkins.

...forecasting doom...

:gun:
How did that turn out for you? :texanbill:

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Joe Haden has OWNED Mike Wallace for years now. Never take Wallace vs Haden.
Joe Haden owns full stop. I do not expect big numbers from Torrey Smith this week.

Luckily I didn't have any bench warmers scoring huge points and the only real dud was Foster. I'm not really panicking over Foster yet as a lot of San Diego fans have said that they are a good team at stopping the run with Butler, Liuget, and Reyes.

I'm just glad I wasn't a Shane Vereen owner lol

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Not that it mattered because Dez Bryant and David Wilson got me nada, but I had the Broncos defense and an easy TD before dude drops the ball at the 2 yard line.

LikeMike

Veteran
Well, I can`t whine too much since I just got the biggest blowout in the league and am very happy with my team - I just have one problem: no real WR depth, but too good players to just cut anyone. Here is my team:

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

Now why am I whining? Because people in my league seem to hate trading - in the last couple of seasons I´ve only seen 1 trade done. Now I´ve offered a team with decent WR depth but only 1 real HB Morris for AJ Green which would`ve helped us both a lot (some might argue that I get the worst end of the deal). He refused and offered me Greg Jennings for Morris instead - and actually believed that would`ve been a fair trade.

I have several other trade offers out, but noone else even reacted to them. Now I am thinking about just cutting a TE and grab a WR from waver wire (thinking about Hopkins) - would you do that and if yes, which TE would you drop?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
F-you Mike Wallace! 1 fricken point!? F-you and the horse you forgot to ride in on!
I was in the same boat... but I realized I was stupid to start him. He had done nothing in the preseason, either he & Tannehill aren't jiving or Wallace is over-rated.

He's going to see the bench until I find out one way or the other.

SCOTTexans

Rookie
Well, I can`t whine too much since I just got the biggest blowout in the league and am very happy with my team - I just have one problem: no real WR depth, but too good players to just cut anyone. Here is my team:

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

Now why am I whining? Because people in my league seem to hate trading - in the last couple of seasons I´ve only seen 1 trade done. Now I´ve offered a team with decent WR depth but only 1 real HB Morris for AJ Green which would`ve helped us both a lot (some might argue that I get the worst end of the deal). He refused and offered me Greg Jennings for Morris instead - and actually believed that would`ve been a fair trade.

I have several other trade offers out, but noone else even reacted to them. Now I am thinking about just cutting a TE and grab a WR from waver wire (thinking about Hopkins) - would you do that and if yes, which TE would you drop?
There must not be very many people in your league or the other teams don't know how to draft....

Maybe trade Mcfadden or Murray for a WR

LikeMike

Veteran
There must not be very many people in your league or the other teams don't know how to draft....

Maybe trade Mcfadden or Murray for a WR
It´s a 10 team standard scoring league. I am trying as hell to get a trade done and cash in on one of my HBs or TEs or both with a good WR - but people in my league don`t want to trade...

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
Can I b*tch about my game? Last night there were only two elements in play - my QB Tom Brady and opponent's Pats D.

The Pats D outscored Tom Brady. FML FML FML

b0ng

Bad Hombre

Ray Rice RB
Alfred Morris RB
Demaryius Thomas WR
Larry Fitzgerald WR
Robert Griffin III QB
Antonio Brown WR
DeMarco Murray RB
Darren McFadden RB
Jermichael Finley TE
Arizona DEF
Tavon Austin WR
Joe Flacco QB
Julius Thomas TE
Matt Prater K
Jared Cook TE

You have 3 TE's, I'd wait a week maybe two (you've got plenty of RB/WR's to fill starting spots including flex) to see who the best drop would be. Right now, I'd be leaning heavily towards Finley.

Also, you might look around and see if there are any suspended guys on the WW (Blackmon, Josh Gordon), or I'd probably package one of Thomas or Cook to a TE needy person that has some WR's. But Thomas/Fitz/Brown is not that bad of a WR corps.

LikeMike

Veteran
You have 3 TE's, I'd wait a week maybe two (you've got plenty of RB/WR's to fill starting spots including flex) to see who the best drop would be. Right now, I'd be leaning heavily towards Finley.

Also, you might look around and see if there are any suspended guys on the WW (Blackmon, Josh Gordon), or I'd probably package one of Thomas or Cook to a TE needy person that has some WR's. But Thomas/Fitz/Brown is not that bad of a WR corps.
I´d like to think so, but I only have 1 bench WR (Austin)... Fitz is listed as questionable for sunday (game time decision) and he is playing after Austin, so I´d have no chance to react. It would all be so much easier, if anyone in my league would be open to any kind of fair trade...

htowntexans1985

1st Round Pick
I would like to slap myself for sitting Jared Cook for Zach sudfield last Sunday! Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling instead of listening to these fantasy pros. Needless to stay I dropped him as soon as I could and picked up Julius Thomas.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I was in the same boat... but I realized I was stupid to start him. He had done nothing in the preseason, either he & Tannehill aren't jiving or Wallace is over-rated.

He's going to see the bench until I find out one way or the other.
Dumba55 !!!

TEXANRED

Texan-American
You know what is ridiculous? Russell Wilson getting 9 flippin points while Bradford gets 31 on my bench and Cutler scores 21.

And, oh, hey, Witten, you turd, 1 point? KMA.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How did that turn out for you? :texanbill:
Not too shabby...

Schaub - - - 24
Graham - - - 7
Daniels - - - 14
Bullock - - - 8 .
. . . . . . . . . . 53 pts from my Texans

I tried to talk one of my opponents into a trade, DeAndre Hopkins for Doug Martin, during the course of last week but he wouldn't bite.
:D

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Had Hopkins on the bench today. 25 points.

:kubepalm:
I'm still going to try to make a trade for Hopkins.

I already have Posey. I suspect if A.J. has to sit out a week because of the concussion protocol, Posey might actually see some live action.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Is it too early to droo Frank Gore? I didn't want to draft him in the first place. Looks like Kendall Hunter is their future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

TEXANRED

Texan-American
I was prepared to bench Russell Wilson for Bradford or Cutler and then saw the Seahawks are playing the Jags.

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Is it too early to droo Frank Gore? I didn't want to draft him in the first place. Looks like Kendall Hunter is their future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
I'd try to find an RB needy team and see if you can get something for him.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Is it too early to droo Frank Gore?
Don't just drop him. He'd still be taken in the top 40 picks if you redraft.

Wait for him to score -- likely this week vs. Colts -- then trade him to a team weak on RBs who has players at positions you need.

NCTexan

Veteran
I'm still going to try to make a trade for Hopkins.

I already have Posey. I suspect if A.J. has to sit out a week because of the concussion protocol, Posey might actually see some live action.
I think I'm going to start him this week because I'm thinking they might limit A.J. Especially if we get a lead.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm gonna cut bowe...
FYI..... in a moment of weakness, I dropped Gore after a tough match-up. This was a tough match-up for Bowe. They focused on him, allowing Avery to go off. Good job by Alex Smith to find the open guy.

SCOTTexans

Rookie
FYI..... in a moment of weakness, I dropped Gore after a tough match-up. This was a tough match-up for Bowe. They focused on him, allowing Avery to go off. Good job by Alex Smith to find the open guy.
When playing a decent DB he gets shut down. It has always been his problem but i drafted him anyways. Its a guessing game of when to play him and when to not.

I'm not gonna cut him but he is benched until he prove playable

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I know this is a whiner line/thread but I am thankfull for something despite my 1-1 record and mediocre point total so far...

I haven't seen the constant commercials for yahoo fantasy football featuring the irish guy in the purple suit this year. That guy has always made me want to tape a water hose to my car's exhaust pipe in a garage...

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
I had a score of 106.1, my opponent 100.08. He had Montee Ball left to play (ironically his team name is the "Monte Ballers"). I pulled out the win with less than two points to spare :) thank you based Monte Ball for fumbling.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I lead my league in points!!

I'm also 1-3 :gun:
I've proposed many times in my league that we do away with divisions and head-to-head matchups and just have everyone play everyone. Top half high scores get a W, bottom half get an L.

Gets voted down every year. My team has been top 2 in points for all but one of the past 15 years.

I'm 3-1, but need to coax some upgrade trades because we're all second best to one stacked team.

dc_txtech

All Pro
I've proposed many times in my league that we do away with divisions and head-to-head matchups and just have everyone play everyone. Top half high scores get a W, bottom half get an L.

Gets voted down every year. My team has been top 2 in points for all but one of the past 15 years.

I'm 3-1, but need to coax some upgrade trades because we're all second best to one stacked team.
It's a flawed system but I still think head to head is the most fun way of doing it. Just sucks when you're the one getting the **** end of the stick.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's a flawed system but I still think head to head is the most fun way of doing it. Just sucks when you're the one getting the **** end of the stick.
It's part of the game. Some of us can't put together a roster good enough to score in the top half every week. But still be good enough to beat the guy we're going head to head with. Allowing us into the play-offs & possibly a toilet bowl pay-out.

Without the weekly head-to-head, a 10 team league turns into a 4 or 5 team league quick.