Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fantasy football sucks.

gtexan02

Working?
This past summer, my wife and I were invited to join a couples league. Both people field a separate team, and its sort of a guys vs. girls thing.

I think to myself "Wow, this will be easy."

Fast forward to the draft. I have a pretty good draft, and end up with a bunch of good players. I check her draft as it goes along. Its ok, but she has a bunch of risky players.

Boy was I wrong. Here is her starting lineup:
QB - Drew Brees
WR - AJ
WR2 - Duane Bowe
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB2 - Michael Turner
RB3 - Deangelo Williams
TE - Jason Witten
DEF - Baltimore

Didn't look that great on draft day. Oops. She goes undefeated during the regular season. She makes no moves, only switching out people on byes with her backups. No one on her team misses more than a game or two.

We meet in the playoffs. Semi-finals. 4 teams left. I score 124 points. Second most that week. She scores 140. This is not fair :(

This past summer, my wife and I were invited to join a couples league. Both people field a separate team, and its sort of a guys vs. girls thing.

I think to myself "Wow, this will be easy."

Fast forward to the draft. I have a pretty good draft, and end up with a bunch of good players. I check her draft as it goes along. Its ok, but she has a bunch of risky players.

Boy was I wrong. Here is her starting lineup:
QB - Drew Brees
WR - AJ
WR2 - Duane Bowe
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB2 - Michael Turner
RB3 - Deangelo Williams
TE - Jason Witten
DEF - Baltimore

Didn't look that great on draft day. Oops. She goes undefeated during the regular season. She makes no moves, only switching out people on byes with her backups. No one on her team misses more than a game or two.

We meet in the playoffs. Semi-finals. 4 teams left. I score 124 points. Second most that week. She scores 140. This is not fair :(

hahaha, what a great story...... sorry about the results....\

I am actually very proud of my performances this year, i drafted tom brady on both teams and started 1-5, and 2-5. both teams are in the superbowl game right now... and the 1-5 team is still on an 8 game win streak...

Haha, she's got bragging rights for the whole year... good luck my friend! Reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up where Paul Ruud's wife think he's cheating on her and she sneaks in to the other house to catch him, but he's in with a bunch of other dudes during their fantasy baseball draft. Classic...

Next thing you know, she's mysteriously bringing home more cash, getting all these new shoes and you start to get worried. You have your suspicions and finally try to make a bust. It turns out she's a closet expert fantasy sports player and is winning all sorts of money from people. It starts with football, next she'll be into baseball, basketball, probabaly dabble into some sort of hockey league... Its a slippery slope and you've got to get her under control before it's too late. And while you still have a little bit of your dignity left. haha better luck next year!

I thought for sure I would get knocked off in the semi's because I had MS and AJ against the Titans. Didn't figure there would be any way in hell they would rack up the points they did. Well, the joys of playing fantasy football, I go to the finals this week. I LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!:)

The fun thing about my league is the guys HATE getting beat by a woman! I won the big pot last year, and if our boys will take on the Raiders like they did the Titans, I should win again this year. Keepin my fingers crossed anyway. It's a NICE money league.:fans:

I would have won my Semifinals matchup if Owen Daniels didn't fumble against the packers. Essentially costing about $600... It took about three days to get over it.

All of my teams are still playing now. I have 2 championships this week, a semi-final in the TexansTalk league, and a 3rd place matchup in which i got majorly upset last week. I didn't have high expectations to do as well as I did last year, with one first place finish, and two third place finishes. But I've done much better.

hahaha, what a great story...... sorry about the results....\

I am actually very proud of my performances this year, i drafted tom brady on both teams and started 1-5, and 2-5. both teams are in the superbowl game right now... and the 1-5 team is still on an 8 game win streak...

Same with me. About the time my team started rolling was the time that Slaton, DeAngelo, and Johnson started rolling. Now I'm beasting on everyone and am in the championship game against a one loss team (and that loss to me). This is a money league between my friends. Each put $25 in.

Well my team disappointed me in the championship game of my league... Warner andAndre were the biggest two.. only had 60 points this week... I can't believe it.

Well my team disappointed me in the championship game of my league... Warner andAndre were the biggest two.. only had 60 points this week... I can't believe it.

I'm probably in the same boat, won't find out till tomorrow, unless I felt like doing the math myself (yahoo league blows)

On the brightside, I started Colston.

Back