Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League

Just my luck this year, I have the best game of the entire league to date, and I played a guy who didn't even update his lineup. Lame.

Just my luck this year, I have the best game of the entire league to date, and I played a guy who didn't even update his lineup. Lame.
So what if he had, he would've possibly broken 100 pts if he'd gotten a different kicker, put Little in for Andre, and Finley in for Miller.

It's not like you didn't earn your win either way.

Brutal loss to Vinny this week. I lost by less than a point.

Wait for stat corrections on Wednesday, you might win afterall. Happened to me once last year, and was the deciding factor in playoff seeding.

So what if he had, he would've possibly broken 100 pts if he'd gotten a different kicker, put Little in for Andre, and Finley in for Miller.

It's not like you didn't earn your win either way.

Yeah, but beating someone that's not even trying it's a pretty empty win. I like rooting for my guys while they are playing, but when I'm up by 60 after the early games, it's kinda lame. I run a FF league, and I kicked a guy out this year because he didn't manage his team after I asked him to do so several times during the year. It kind of ruins the sport of it when one team only tried part of the time, and it could possibly cause a change in the playoff seeding because of a game here or there. I just think it's more fun when people try, even if they are out of the playoff picture.

Looks like it's time to end Vinny's 4 win streak. His team is projected to get 103.4 points this week, but for some unknown reason MJD is projected to get 32 of those points. Somehow I don't think that will happen. I set the league's high score last week with 166 points, so watch out, you're about to get trampled by The Jerk Store!

Yeah, but beating someone that's not even trying it's a pretty empty win. I like rooting for my guys while they are playing, but when I'm up by 60 after the early games, it's kinda lame. I run a FF league, and I kicked a guy out this year because he didn't manage his team after I asked him to do so several times during the year. It kind of ruins the sport of it when one team only tried part of the time, and it could possibly cause a change in the playoff seeding because of a game here or there. I just think it's more fun when people try, even if they are out of the playoff picture.
I get what you're saying, unless something comes up and I'm not able to manage my teams, I will at least make sure I don't have any bye players sitting in my active roster (or injured players).

I think this was a special case instance, otherwise, I'd be completely on your side. Not that it really matters what side I fall on :P

Looks like it's time to end Vinny's 4 win streak. His team is projected to get 103.4 points this week, but for some unknown reason MJD is projected to get 32 of those points. Somehow I don't think that will happen. I set the league's high score last week with 166 points, so watch out, you're about to get trampled by The Jerk Store!
Jerks vs Jerks - epic battle this weekend. they always underestimate my crew. Yer in for a dogfight!

Jerks vs Jerks - epic battle this weekend. they always underestimate my crew. Yer in for a dogfight!

Hey! The zoo called, they said you have to be back by six!

I'm down by 12 with Brees and Graham going, and waiting until tomorrow for OD and the Texans DST. No way do I lose this game, no way!

I'm in a close one now, up by .98 with McGahee going against Floyd. Hoping he gets a TD this drive to secure a victory!

I snuck by 3 Hour Tour with a 95.22 to 95.14 win! Only .8 points difference! Now I'm 5-1 at the top of the league and ready to roll ArlingtonTexan this week. You best watch out, the Jerk Store is going to liquidate you this week!

I snuck by 3 Hour Tour with a 95.22 to 95.14 win! Only .8 points difference! Now I'm 5-1 at the top of the league and ready to roll ArlingtonTexan this week. You best watch out, the Jerk Store is going to liquidate you this week!

I was on the short end of that deal! I made a mistake getting Michael Ogletree off waivers. That guy is useless.

Well, it appears the Jerk Store is all alone on top with a 7-1 record. Sitting pretty, but there's another Jerk just 1 win behind, so I gotta keep on rolling through guys like Dez Bryant's mom on a Friday night.

Come from behind victory on MNF! Woot! That last TD from Brees to Graham put me over the top, and my opponent never came back with Maclin, thanks to Vick targeting TEs and Jason Avant almost exclusively. 8-1 and on my way to the playoffs! :D

Come from behind victory on MNF! Woot! That last TD from Brees to Graham put me over the top, and my opponent never came back with Maclin, thanks to Vick targeting TEs and Jason Avant almost exclusively. 8-1 and on my way to the playoffs! :D
Actually, I needed Maclin to have less than 2 receptions, be under 30 yards, and not have any plays 20 yds or more. Since he got 2 catches for 28 yards (one for 22 yds), I lost in my other league by 1 point because Maclin scored 4 points in that league (1 pt per 2 receptions, 1 pt per 10 yds, and 1 bonus pt for a reception 20 yds or greater)

My opponent had Doug Martin this week. Doug Martin by himself scored 66.20 points. I lost very badly.

I'm going with Chris Ivory over Matt Forte at RB. Desperate move for a desperate team. At 5-5. I basically have to win out to make the playoffs.

Hows 9-2 feel ??? Yall can thank me later for taking out both jerks for y'all

boom, down goes Frazier! The Jerk Store leads the pack all year and whamo, number 2 seed on the last week of the season. I know you tried to avoid me dog. I feels ya.

boom, down goes Frazier! The Jerk Store leads the pack all year and whamo, number 2 seed on the last week of the season. I know you tried to avoid me dog. I feels ya.

Well good luck to you in your game, I hope we can have a Jerk Bowl next week in the final game of the season. I actually wish I was playing you instead, but the Texans DST, Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham stumbled the last couple weeks and have hurt my overall scoring. Losing MacGahee in the last few weeks didn't help either, and missing Knowshon Moreno by 1 waiver wire spot also hurt. I'm hoping Bradshaw stays out for two weeks so I can start David Wilson.

Well good luck to you in your game, I hope we can have a Jerk Bowl next week in the final game of the season. I actually wish I was playing you instead, but the Texans DST, Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham stumbled the last couple weeks and have hurt my overall scoring. Losing MacGahee in the last few weeks didn't help either, and missing Knowshon Moreno by 1 waiver wire spot also hurt. I'm hoping Bradshaw stays out for two weeks so I can start David Wilson.

you gotta beat me first but gl buddy

you gotta beat me first but gl buddy

I'm projected to win by 40+ points, sooooooooo...

come-at-me-bro-meme-anteater.jpg

Well, I left about 40 points on my bench this week, but I still have a chance to win. I have a 13.8 point lead with 1 half to go. Hopefully Brady will continue to suck and I squeak this out.

just got back from Flatonia (little family vacation getaway). Congrats.

I'll stuff the money in my paypal account Monday and I'll shoot it to all the winners at that time. This should go down around noon.

The money is officially paid out.

1st place: Watch The Throne - IBleedTexans -$150.00
2nd place: Overofficious Jerks - Vinny -$60.00
3rd place: Arian's Foster Kids - Texans346 - $30.00

Thanks for playing everyone. I'm going to put more scoring weight on the defenders next season and will probably make them a more important component.

I'm gonna tear down my draft and my transactions later and see what black Monday has in store for my Fantasy GM going forward...

I know my draft didn't go as smoothly as I wanted and ended up patching holes all year. I'm fairly happy with my balancing act though...but a better draft would have been the best path methinks.

The money is officially paid out.

1st place: Watch The Throne - IBleedTexans -$150.00
2nd place: Overofficious Jerks - Vinny -$60.00
3rd place: Arian's Foster Kids - Texans346 - $30.00

Thanks for playing everyone. I'm going to put more scoring weight on the defenders next season and will probably make them a more important component.

I'm gonna tear down my draft and my transactions later and see what black Monday has in store for my Fantasy GM going forward...

I know my draft didn't go as smoothly as I wanted and ended up patching holes all year. I'm fairly happy with my balancing act though...but a better draft would have been the best path methinks.

It was fun and can I get y'all s SS numbers to claim y'all as dependents ?

Damn, had I won one more game, or scored 33 more points during the regular season, I would have won the championship. I feel like the Texans, 10-1 through 11 weeks, and I stumble into the playoffs losing the #1 seed, which cost me the super bowl.

Damn, had I won one more game, or scored 33 more points during the regular season, I would have won the championship. I feel like the Texans, 10-1 through 11 weeks, and I stumble into the playoffs losing the #1 seed, which cost me the super bowl.

The big question , is it on you ? :wadepalm:

The big question , is it on you ? :wadepalm:

Well ya know, these kids played their hearts out and left everything on the field, including the W. But it's my fault for calling a screen pass on 3rd and 18, wasting timeouts and putting my rookie kicker on IR instead of PUP. But it's OK, the boss is happy and there's always next year!

Back