Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fantasy Football 2012 - The Steel Blue League

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I'm going to have some openings in my Steel Blue Fantasy Football League. We will have a live draft the last Sunday night before the start of the season. We will draft on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT, with the season starting 3 days later on a Wednesday.

It will cost you $20 up front to join and we pay out $150 for first place, $60 for second place and $30 for 3rd place. You can paypal your fees to the league, so we're making it easy. I'll have the winning money out as soon as everything is finalized at the eoy.

12 team league with 3 flex IDP plus one team defense. I only have one flex position for the offense.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, T, WR/T, K, Team Defense, IDP, IDP, IDP

Send me a PM if you would like to join. It will be 100% Texanstalk members and I will not be able to fit everyone who asks in the league, so my apologies up front on that one.

I would like everyone paid up before the draft so that we do not have any issues dragging into the season except for who starts picking up the best FA players on the weekly waivers and is Greg going to lose every game by half a point, to become the highest scoring non-winning team ever...again.

August 21 UPDATE:

League Home: http://afcsouthchamps.league.fantasy.nfl.com

OK the league is full and 75% funded with solid commitments so it looks like everything is on schedule. The live draft is a week from this Sunday on Sep 2 @ 8:00pm CDT. I only request one hard rule in regard to the draft. Once the draft starts please do not talk about any player before he is picked. Once a player is picked you can chat about him as much as you want. Good luck.

Division 1: Steel Blue
Watch The Throne
Texas Killas
majestrate's a Hartmann 2 beat
Arian's Foster Kids
Arlington Texans
3 Hour Tour

Division 2: Battle Red
Overofficious Jerks
The Jerk Store
Multiple Scoregasms
Pollardizers
Brisket Gumbo
Monkeyloaf

gwallaia

Staff member
That is why I hate Fantasy Football, I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place. Its unbelievable that it happens year in and year out.

Anyways, sign me up again.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
That is why I hate Fantasy Football, I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place. Its unbelievable that it happens year in and year out.

Anyways, sign me up again.
I have you a place saved.

I'm thinking about hosting two leagues this year. I may set up a Battle Red league to go along with my Steel Blue league this season. I always do this conventional league (Steel Blue) but I'm also thinking of a pure points league as a change of pace. No divisions, no head-to-head. Just straight up who has the most points at the end of the year. I was in one led by a Packer fan from footballguys a few years ago and I liked it. I'm not going to join a ton of leagues this year, so perhaps I'll throw this into the mix as well.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
I score more points than almost anyone in my league but always end up in last place.
Two ways to address that:

1) Top half in points gets a win each week -- kinda makes it more interesting in that you have to track more than one opponent's scoring,

or 2) Division winners make playoffs, then next two high point teams round out the semifinals. (We use this, allows for luck of the draw & merit.)

Grams

Veteran
I don't usually play in a money league, but I do like playing with IDP players.

Will send you a pm if you have an opening.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
UPDATE

Lucky, texasguy346, playa465, majestrate and Vinny all have their league fees paid in full.

Pollardized logged into league with commitment (check's in the mail). Grams changed his mind. We have 3 openings left.

IBleedTexans check your PM box please.

Live draft is on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT....the last Sunday night before opening week.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
UPDATE

Lucky, texasguy346, playa465, majestrate and Vinny all have their league fees paid in full.

Pollardized logged into league with commitment (check's in the mail). Grams changed his mind. We have 3 openings left.

IBleedTexans check your PM box please.

Live draft is on Sunday, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:00pm CDT....the last Sunday night before opening week.
Pretty sure that I paid and have logged in.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Pollardized - League Fees PAID!

Thanks and good luck to you

I'm interested, what site do you use to run the league?

...please say yahoo.... :)
Sorry, this season we are located in the NFL.com fantasy world. I'd love to have you join if you want in and are willing to pay the league fee before we draft. 100% of the league fees are paid out to the top 3 players.

Pollardized

Division Champ

Sorry, this season we are located in the NFL.com fantasy world. I'd love to have you join if you want in and are willing to pay the league fee before we draft. 100% of the league fees are paid out to the top 3 players.
Yeah, come on and play. There will be 2 other spots paid after mine (1st).

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !

Hmm ... play fantasy football or getting a gallon of gas ?

I'll play if you need someone . I'm working for another month on 225 close to La Porte so paying will be easy . Do you know Billy at Whataburger ?

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame

Well, it appears NFL.com has added the most annoying achievements system I have ever seen on a website. NFL.com Rewards is what it's called, and every time you earn coins for doing just about anything, you get popups all over the screen... Cause everyone loves popups!!! :( You can sign up here: LINK Kinda silly, but maybe it will be worth something.

Anyways, I think I can do that league. PM me the invite and I"ll join or whatever.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Well, it appears NFL.com has added the most annoying achievements system I have ever seen on a website. NFL.com Rewards is what it's called, and every time you earn coins for doing just about anything, you get popups all over the screen... Cause everyone loves popups!!! :( You can sign up here: LINK Kinda silly, but maybe it will be worth something.

Anyways, I think I can do that league. PM me the invite and I"ll join or whatever.
sent you an invite. check your pm

Hmm ... play fantasy football or getting a gallon of gas ?

I'll play if you need someone .
You may be the last man in...I'll check. I'll send you an invite also.
I'm working for another month on 225 close to La Porte so paying will be easy . Do you know Billy at Whataburger ?
is he the guy that keeps forgetting the jalapenos on my burger?

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
sent you an invite. check your pm

You may be the last man in...I'll check. I'll send you an invite also. is he the guy that keeps forgetting the jalapenos on my burger?
No Billy is a host and if you met him you won't forget him .

if you have enough that's fine .

Vinny

shiny happy fan
No Billy is a host and if you met him you won't forget him .

if you have enough that's fine .
I'll have to go inside and meet him one day. I don't get there much and when I do its usually via the drive thru.

League fees paid and I signed into the league!
great, good luck!

Registered and Paid:

Arlington Texans - ArlingtonTexan

Pollardizers - Pollardized

Overofficious Jerks - Vinny

majestrate's a Hartmann 2 beat - majestrate

Monkeyloaf - Lucky

Arian's Foster Kids - Texasguy346

Texas Killas - playa465

Multiple Scoregasms - TexansSeminole

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I'll have to go inside and meet him one day. I don't get there much and when I do its usually via the drive thru.

great, good luck!

Registered and Paid:

Monkeyloaf - Lucky

Texas Killas - playa465

Billy works lunchtime during the week that I know of . When you walk in he'll say " Hi ... I'm Billy ... I'm your server ... don't forget about me . One of these days I'm gonna leave him a really big tip and see what he does . Around Christmas he'll tell you Santas coming in a week .

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Jen, check your email please.

Sorry for the late reply....I've been busy and haven't logged on for a few days. For those of you that weren't able to get into this game I set up the Battle Red league when I was reserving live draft slots. I don't think it will be a money league but it will be full of texanstalk members just like this one. I'll set up a thread for that when I'm ready tweaking the scoring system and the roster size. I already have a live draft time reserved (Sunday, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:30pm CDT). It's exactly one week before the Steel Blue draft at the same general time of Sunday evening (that's when I figure most of you can attend).

We are almost totally funded in the Steel Blue league...

Registered and Paid:

Monkeyloaf - Lucky

Texas Killas - playa465

The Jerk Store - Dutchrudder

Committed to pay:
Watch The Throne - Signed up
3 Hour Tour - Signed up

Vinny

shiny happy fan
League Home: http://afcsouthchamps.league.fantasy.nfl.com

OK the league is full and 75% funded with solid commitments so it looks like everything is on schedule. The live draft is a week from this Sunday on Sep 2 @ 8:00pm CDT. I only request one hard rule in regard to the draft. Once the draft starts please do not talk about any player before he is picked. Once a player is picked you can chat about him as much as you want. Good luck.

Division 1: Steel Blue
Watch The Throne
Texas Killas
majestrate's a Hartmann 2 beat
Arian's Foster Kids
Arlington Texans
3 Hour Tour

Division 2: Battle Red
Overofficious Jerks
The Jerk Store
Multiple Scoregasms
Pollardizers
Brisket Gumbo
Monkeyloaf

majestrate

Rookie
For the draft, is there a time limit per selection? I ask because I'm going to be overseas for the draft, and after about 2 hours, I'll have to step away and get ready for work/go to work. That will cause about a 2 hour absence. Just want to make sure that I'm not going to delay the draft excessively, and that I'm not going to get stuck having to rely on auto-draft

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Ok im signed up and my dues have been Paid !!!!!! Ill be happy to collect shortly:kitten::kitten::kitten::whip::whip:
Ps i paid you too much
did you send it via paypal? How much did you send? I need to do a quick audit...but please, send as much as you want. Plenty of room in my account.

For the draft, is there a time limit per selection? I ask because I'm going to be overseas for the draft, and after about 2 hours, I'll have to step away and get ready for work/go to work. That will cause about a 2 hour absence. Just want to make sure that I'm not going to delay the draft excessively, and that I'm not going to get stuck having to rely on auto-draft
I think I set it up at 45 seconds. It's kinda hard to preference your players real deep in the draft but it can be done. It would be great if everyone can make the draft for the entire event but stuff happens so don't sweat it if you have to break it off or can't make it. Just be sure to move your player preferences to your liking.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
OK 5/6's of the league is paid in full. I need to hear from Brisket Gumbo and Watch The Throne since we draft in 3 days.

Paid via paypal:

7/29/2012: Arlington Texans
7/28/2012: Monkeyloaf
7/28/2012: Arian's Foster Kids
Aug 3, 2012: playa465
Aug 3, 2012: majestrate
Aug 11, 2012: Pollardized
Aug 12, 2012: Multiple Scoregasms
Aug 13, 2012: The Jerk Store

Paid Check: 3 Hour Tour

Fee's still due:

Brisket Gumbo
Watch The Throne

Vinny

shiny happy fan
Steel Blue Draft tonight at 8:00pm CDT.

We have all but 2 payments in the house. One of them is in the mail, and I'm talking to the last player and working that last commitment out...so I think we will be fine. Hope everyone who can show doesn't forget tonight. Good luck.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Draft starts in 3 minutes. Be there or be stuck with all the guys that are injured because autodraft is dumb.

Pollardized

Division Champ
Staying at hotel in San Antonio. Stupid Internet not fast enough for nfl.com draft page. Could not load. I'm stuck with auto pick team!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Staying at hotel in San Antonio. Stupid Internet not fast enough for nfl.com draft page. Could not load. I'm stuck with auto pick team!
Your starters look pretty good, once Matthews comes back from his shoulder injury.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
OK, I admit I know nothing about IDP and have never played in a league with it before. 3 of my 4 IDP guys scored 0 points today. I thought tackles were supposed to give 1 point each in standard IDP, but I guess not. It seems like the defensive guys are really lame in this system. 9 of the top 10 IDP scorers this week aren't even on anyone's roster. Just seems weird to me, so what exactly do you normally look for in an IDP player?

Vinny

shiny happy fan
I don't run a standard IDP and you should have read the scoring system the second you saw that we aren't playing a conventional roster. It's just too easy to find guys making tons of tackles - with too many teams inflating tackle numbers, yada, yada, yada...

Our scoring system revolves around sacks, int's, turnovers - It's more geared to big plays or game changing plays. Tackles are too easy a stat to manipulate and its just too easy to just dial up an eight to ten tackle player any given week on a whim. If you just use a tackle-centered scoring system everybody in the league gets 8 automatic points. All you have to do is sort by tackle and bam...slot any number or players. If you read the scoring system you would only really play sackmasters and guys you project to have int's. Someone starting Von Miller or DeMarcus Ware (for example) had a big day yesterday.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Well, I picked up Clay Matthews on the wire this week and he got my 14. His stat line according to the FF league was 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 tackles and 4 assists. How that translates into 14 points, I don't know, but I'll take it! Should be 10 by my count.

Anyways, I wish I hadn't drafted the IDP guys early, they seem to be a crapshoot and the waiver wire is very deep. Now I know better for next year.

Pollardized

Division Champ
Well, I picked up Clay Matthews on the wire this week and he got my 14. His stat line according to the FF league was 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL, 3 tackles and 4 assists. How that translates into 14 points, I don't know, but I'll take it! Should be 10 by my count.

Anyways, I wish I hadn't drafted the IDP guys early, they seem to be a crapshoot and the waiver wire is very deep. Now I know better for next year.
I thought about getting him, but he just seems too douchy for me. Just can't bring myself to like him.

majestrate

Rookie

3.5 sacks * 2 pts per sack = 7 pts
3 TFL * 1 pt per TFL = 3 pts
2+ sacks bonus = 4 pts

7 + 3 + 4 = 14

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
3.5 sacks * 2 pts per sack = 7 pts
3 TFL * 1 pt per TFL = 3 pts
2+ sacks bonus = 4 pts

7 + 3 + 4 = 14
Ah, I missed the sack bonus stat, thought there were fractional points being given somewhere. Makes sense then, thanks.

I thought about getting him, but he just seems too douchy for me. Just can't bring myself to like him.
I'd rather have a "douchey" player on my roster and be 2-0, than 0-2 for any reason. Hell I even have a Cowboy on my team, and I like seeing them lose.

Looks like I will be 2-0 after tonight, so Monkeyloaf better bring his A-game next week, or else he will become The Loser Store's best seller! Ha!

majestrate

Rookie
I think I need to stick with one pay league a year. I had to cheer for Reggie Bush, and tonight I'll be hoping Demaryius Thomas goes crazy again.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Looks like I will be 2-0 after tonight, so Monkeyloaf better bring his A-game next week, or else he will become The Loser Store's best seller! Ha!
Both of my starting RBs are injured, so you may just luck out. I need a monster game from Megatron.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Well, I'm in a bit of a hole, down 32 going into tonight with Lynch, Nelson and CM3 left to go. I'm not expecting Matthews to get 3 sacks again, but I hope he gets a few points. Should be a good game, I will definitely be watching it closely!

I'm down in 3 of my 4 leagues right now, but I have Rodgers and others in those other two. If Rodgers can get it to Nelson a few times for some good yards, I might pull off another 4-0 week! Andre Brown really saved my ass this week, as I put him in place of Fred Jackson in a few leagues. I'm hoping Bradshaw stays out just long enough for Fjax to get back in action!

Vinny

shiny happy fan
in a scheduling quirk I matched up vs Pollardized in two leagues yesterday. Not gonna brag but....Double Bazinga to you I guess. :)