Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

SWT, I've got to admire your patience with all this garbage about what clothes you decide to wear.

What business is it to anyone what you wear???

You're cool with me dude.

as cool as he may be....... the only reason that is his avatar, is to thumb his nose at the F.O.

Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth.

There is no way CC said they wouldn't draft UT players because they didn't trust Mack Brown. Teams don't run around "trusting" college coaches in the 1st place. The Texans were noted for having a huge scouting staff to review film, pro-days and the combine--didn't stop them from making mistakes but that was bad trades and miss-evaluation not trust issues.

Well that is what he said to me when we were talking about Vince Young prior to the draft. Sorry I didn't have a tape recorder.

Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth. (Of course they did draft Sloan Thomas so I guess that says something about CC or maybe that pick turned him off Texas players)

No final decision has been made about Carr. But part of the reason Kubiak got the job was because he agreed to turn Carr into an NFL playoff QB. Now that the evidence is pointing the other way, I believe Smith and Kubiak can sway Mr. McNair in the offseason. I do know that there are plenty of people inside the organization who believe Carr won't be back.

The draft and make up of the team is always ebb and flow. The final decision on Mario Williams wasn't made until 3 days before the draft.

If you're looking for opinion, I believe Carr won't be back. Rosenfels will be the starter and the Texans will use one of their picks on a QB to be groomed. I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

Thanks for that post, mamoo.

Well that is what he said to me when we were talking about Vince Young prior to the draft. Sorry I didn't have a tape recorder.
So, if I understand you correctly, VY would have been drafted by the Texans, if only Casserly trusted Mack Brown's player reports?

That is funny.

I would'nt discount anything Casserly did or said . I might believe the UT thing not because of Vince but because of Derrick Johnson .

Two players that really could of hepled were Derrick Johnson and even more Jamal Brown who has started at OT since day one for the Saints ... in fact they traded with us to get him .

as cool as he may be....... the only reason that is his avatar, is to thumb his nose at the F.O.

im glad you feel you have grown to know me well enough in your time on this message board to speak to my motives and intentions. However, Im a grown man and i will speak for myself thank you sir.

Actually my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I forgot he had said the same thing about Derrick Thomas. Thanks for reminding me about that one. CC really didn't trust the UT staff and any of the Longhorns scouting reports.

care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?

Yes, I'll give you some insight. It's all about loyalty and building, and the Texans organization is big on it. THAT is what everyone misses. It isn't about winning immediately.

David Carr came here as a rookie QB for an expansion team and has given it everything he's got despite playing under a defensively oriented Head Coach for 4 years, having no veteran QB on the team from whom to learn, and no QB coach. The Texans believe that they have solved those 3 things with the addition of Sage Rosenfels and Gary Kubiak, and Carr is going get at least another year at the helm while they try to improve the rest of the team.

The PSLs are sold, and despite the non-stop whining by the Carr-bashers, Texans tickets sell out every year. They didn't fail to sell out when the team passed on VY (thank you!) and Reggie, and they won't fail to sell out next year. The public believes in Kubiak, which means that they will buy the season tickets. So sit back and enjoy show. I'm looking forward to it.

And what's the problem with that??? I wear KU Jayhawk basketball clothing, and support them over Texas teams, and I'm from Texas...shouldn't make any difference. I sure wouldn't tolerate the constant lambasting SWT's been getting for his choice of clothing...but then again, I AM trying to be a better person than that.

He can wear what he wants...... he can root for whoever he wants.... I don't care. I'm just saying he chose that picture for his avatar in effect giving the organization the finger.....

He has that as his avatar, because he welcomes the repoire he gets from certain homers....

I'm just saying don't feel sorry for him.

If you're looking for opinion, I believe Carr won't be back. Rosenfels will be the starter and the Texans will use one of their picks on a QB to be groomed. I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

What's wrong with BVP & Q ?? Why can't we groom them??

IMHO, we need to lay off QBs in the draft till the next class of attractive prospects come along......... i.e. Jay Cutler...... Lienart..... Kellen Clemens..... Brodie Croyle..... Jamarcus Russell

Say that reminds me.

I wonder what it would take to get Rohan Davey into Houston.

I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

Nice! That went from praising to bashing like AJ Foyt passing cars in his heyday. That statement is like saying you know that Ted Bundy guy down the street sure is a nice fellow. He brings us our paper, helps little old ladies accross the street, and babysits our kids. He just has a little problem with murdering single college age coeds. Other than that, he is a swell guy. :tease:

He can wear what he wants...... he can root for whoever he wants.... I don't care. I'm just saying he chose that picture for his avatar in effect giving the organization the finger.....

He has that as his avatar, because he welcomes the repoire he gets from certain homers....

I'm just saying don't feel sorry for him.

see post 163 in this thread

Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth. (Of course they did draft Sloan Thomas so I guess that says something about CC or maybe that pick turned him off Texas players)

No final decision has been made about Carr. But part of the reason Kubiak got the job was because he agreed to turn Carr into an NFL playoff QB. Now that the evidence is pointing the other way, I believe Smith and Kubiak can sway Mr. McNair in the offseason. I do know that there are plenty of people inside the organization who believe Carr won't be back.

I'm not surprised to hear this at all. It seems like CC thought he had everything figured out.

No players over the age of 30.
No players from a certain college.

This stuff just reinforces what I already suspected.

speaking about everything going wrong, Phillip Buchanon is leading the Tampa Bay Bucs right now tied with Chicago (overtime) with 8 tackles. Jabar Gaffney catching a TD against his former team (& dropping one) & Billy Miller resurfacing in New Orleans with 3 catches.......

Interesting. I, for one, have never understood the "addition by subtraction" philosophy the Texans seem to live by. What is the benefit in letting players go and getting nothing in return? If nothing else, we could use the depth.

Yes, P Burn was a huge disappointment but he's still better than what we have. At least he could be returning the ball for us. Yes, Billy Miller isn't the second coming of Tony Gonzales, but he was successful with the Texans and I don't see how letting these guys go makes us any better.

SWT, I've got to admire your patience with all this garbage about what clothes you decide to wear.

What business is it to anyone what you wear???

You're cool with me dude.

And what's the problem with that??? I wear KU Jayhawk basketball clothing, and support them over Texas teams, and I'm from Texas...shouldn't make any difference. I sure wouldn't tolerate the constant lambasting SWT's been getting for his choice of clothing...but then again, I AM trying to be a better person than that.

I need to learn to stay out of other people's affairs. Forgive my intrusion into this issue.

Thanks...

Nice! That went from praising to bashing like AJ Foyt passing cars in his heyday. That statement is like saying you know that Ted Bundy guy down the street sure is a nice fellow. He brings us our paper, helps little old ladies accross the street, and babysits our kids. He just has a little problem with murdering single college age coeds. Other than that, he is a swell guy. :tease:

That was my little way of making a joke. He's a nice, stand up guy... just not an NFL starting caliber QB with the Texans.

The PSLs are sold, and despite the non-stop whining by the Carr-bashers, Texans tickets sell out every year. They didn't fail to sell out when the team passed on VY (thank you!) and Reggie, and they won't fail to sell out next year. The public believes in Kubiak, which means that they will buy the season tickets. So sit back and enjoy show. I'm looking forward to it.

It remains to be seen what will happen to the Texans and the season tickets for 2007. The situation from this time last year to this year, is miles apart. No need to get into the details.

My point is, hope for the near future is really non-existent, particularly when McNair says "fans want short-term results and they are planning for the long-term." That seems to make no sense since the team is already in it's 5th year and still hasn't produce anything. Maybe McNair's idea of long-term is 15 or so years, and short-term being 10 years or less.

Hopefully you see my point.

I think if the Texans keep this roll of losing through mid next season, the fan base is going to lose a lot interest fast.

So, if I understand you correctly, VY would have been drafted by the Texans, if only Casserly trusted Mack Brown's player reports?

I honestly don't think Kubiak would have chosen VY out of the three QBs in the draft, IMHO. The Titans have admitted to simplifying the offense for Young and running it out of a shotgun. Both of these philosophies are not what Kubiak desires from his QB. His WC offense is a pretty deep pro-style philosophy, and he's even had to scale it back for Carr. I have little doubt that if Kubiak was choosing a QB, he would have went with Leinart or Cutler before picking Young.

The draft and make up of the team is always ebb and flow. The final decision on Mario Williams wasn't made until 3 days before the draft.

Interesting as always, thank you very much!

I would'nt discount anything Casserly did or said . I might believe the UT thing not because of Vince but because of Derrick Johnson .

Two players that really could of hepled were Derrick Johnson and even more Jamal Brown who has started at OT since day one for the Saints ... in fact they traded with us to get him .

We bypassed DJ and Jamal Brown (Pro Bowl) for Travis Johnson.

Yeah, we got Winston out of the deal - I know - but that's just one of a dozen boneheaded decisions made by our former GM that set this org back a year for every year it existed.

The monies we can charge for all our forms of advertising is 'fan driven.' I know-in the past-sold seats that were empty during the game were not a good thing. For one thing, if the seats in the stadium are not only sold out but filled to, you can bet there is a 'solid' TV audience as well. More fans in the stadium and at home represent more potential customers to buy the advertisers products--too, there are more advertisers paying more money to get/buy those ad spots to get the customers business. However, fewer fans means fewer ad dollars spent for a smaller audience....

As empty as the stadium has been this year, plus tickets readily available on game day--not a good sign for anyone in the 'money' equation.

McNair, personally, can probably take a personal hit in the 'cash flow' market, but that may not be true for some of the Texans Minority Owners--especially if it means a bigger infusion of 'owner' money...

Bottom line? This team needs a 'serious dose' of effective decision making that fills the stadium back up. Too, I believe this has to be a re-curring synopsis--especially in Houston where fans will 'knock' down the door for a winning team but will stay home for a loser...

Look at what the Astros first trip to the World Series in '05 did for their sub-par results in '06...3 million fans. Now, McLane knows he can't stand pat or that 'new' fan base will turn to 'toast...'Stros have already added a 'big'time hitter and 2 pitchers and aren't done yet...

What will the Texans do to try and head-off their shrinking fan base....

Jeezzz...How dishearting to read. I completely believe what you post man, I don't think you would come on here and BS everyone for no particular reason SWT. That being said, what is this guy(Bobby) thinking?? IS he off his rocker or something?

I think it has something to do with his dumb pride on taking carr #1 in 2002

Crazy how us fans could put together a better football team then million dollar scouting staffs and coaches???? boggles the mind???

Im serious here, no sarcism... I could GM this better then CC could ever dream!!!!!!! yet he still laughs all the way to the bank.

MAD WORLD!!! :tease: :tease:

Wow.

These last few pages have been the best thing I've read on here since the enlightening "Vince Young has no class/doesn’t respect the White House" discussion that took place before the draft. Great stuff. Oddly enough, the debate once again revolves around the all-important subject of what a person chooses to wear.

Too bad that, unlike the previously mentioned discussion, it is littered with all this trivial banter about inside information from the front office and the many critical decisions that lay ahead. Oh well.

Wow.

These last few pages have been the best thing I've read on here since the enlightening "Vince Young has no class/doesn’t respect the White House" discussion that took place before the draft. Great stuff. Oddly enough, the debate once again revolves around the all-important subject of what a person chooses to wear.

Too bad that, unlike the previously mentioned discussion, it is littered with all this trivial banter about inside information from the front office and the many critical decisions that lay ahead. Oh well.

Good call...I was remembering that thread as well. Ironically enough, I was prominently involved in that debate as well.

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

Just wondering what you have to say about this now that McNair/Smith have, in as good as they will, apologized for the play of David Carr, AND made it clear to the NFL, at least in the public eye, that Carr is available for the right bidder, AND there are rumors about Plummer?

As of the last time i talked to my friend, there was internal division about david, moreso than two months ago, but indications are still strong from above that carr will still be here. Less certain than before, but the second i hear anything different i will be back to let you know.

Edited to add

And mcnairs quote says we have to improve the quarterback position, either with david or with some ADDITIONAL help. Don't read this as david leaving, more as a head nod to the possibility of plummer in free agency

When carr is traded and everything you said isnt going to happen does, just dont post anymore.

swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......hmm

I happen to like "inside information" and theres alot of it on this board. (Carr's brother posts here for crying sake.) I really don't think swtbound is pulling stuff out of his *** and is a credible poster, but people are people and people's opinions change all the time, even within our organization. So even if OUR ORGANIZATION changes their opinion about Carr, I'm not going to hold that against someone trying to feed inside information.

Look at it this way swtbound never really supported Carr, so what motive does he have trying to convince people that "Carr is our QB or he's going to be here". You can't deny Bob did everything in his power to make the city of Houston support Carr and make him successful, especially at the time this thread originally started. He can post here anytime, because he contributes quality posts, something thats few and far between on this board.

swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......hmm

I happen to like "inside information" and theres alot of it on this board. (Carr's brother posts here for crying sake.) I really don't think swtbound is pulling stuff out of his *** and is a credible poster, but people are people and people's opinions change all the time, even within our organization. So even if OUR ORGANIZATION changes their opinion about Carr, I'm not going to hold that against someone trying to feed inside information.

Look at it this way swtbound never really supported Carr, so what motive does he have trying to convince people that "Carr is our QB or he's going to be here". You can't deny Bob did everything in his power to make the city of Houston support Carr and make him successful, especially at the time this thread originally started. He can post here anytime, because he contributes quality posts, something thats few and far between on this board.

Thats the key sentence in this post. I am very anti-carr

swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......

And that means what now? He's talking like he's in the texan organization front office. "EVERYTHING is wrong about everything" if what he says doesnt happen then I was just saying in a joking way "dont post" but I see you got your panties in a bunch about it. And carr's brother is who now? Is he in the front office of the organization. David doesnt even know whats going on with his situation himself so what would his brother know.Lets just hope the statements made by swtbound doesnt come true and we do get a better QB.

P.S. Quit being so up tight, loosen up

swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......

And that means what now? He's talking like he's in the texan organization front office. "EVERYTHING is wrong about everything" if what he says doesnt happen then I was just saying in a joking way "dont post" but I see you got your panties in a bunch about it. And carr's brother is who now? Is he in the front office of the organization. David doesnt even know whats going on with his situation himself so what would his brother know.Lets just hope the statements made by swtbound doesnt come true and we do get a better QB.

P.S. Quit being so up tight, loosen up

Bravo...thats exactly what I would type if I didn't know what to say....it only took you 3 hours

My sister used to say she was "just joking" when she had nothing else to say either too

Also I don't wear panties :bubble: and if you paid attention the past 2 1/2 months you would know who Carr's brother is, personally I feel sorry for him logging on here and won't reviel his name.

PS

please rant on :popcorn:

First off, i didnt read the whole 10 pages, so if i missed some actual discussion forgive me ... all i did read was that the sky is falling. i dont doubt that swt posted what his insider told him, i'm doubting the insider. john mclain is very close to the organization and i dont believe a single word he says. unless the informant is kukiak, rick smith, or mcnair himself ... they only know what they've been told. maybe it was they way swt portrayed this information, but no one in the entire organization is completely sure of anything. if a deal comes for carr that we like, or the partial owners put their foot down, or any of 100 things happen ... carr could not be here. i think it's foolish to deal in absolutes, or believe anyone that does. i've read enough from swt to generally believe what he says, so after this post it wouldnt suprise me if an effort was made to keep carr and continue building the team around him. i dont agree with that ideal, but it wouldnt suprise me.

the part that put me in this non belief category is the part about not drafting hometown kids. it's silly to exclude a large part of your options for no discernable reason, especially when those options are easiest to get full information about. it's just plain dumb to tell people that this is your philosophy. IF this is true (which i doubt), i have zero faith in whoever said this's ability to be an intrical part of a football franchise. if we want to be a winning team, we need to examine all options possible and decide who's best for the team regardless of where they're from.

relax folks, the sky isnt falling.

and stop with this post count nonsense. it'd take me no time at all to lead the forum in posts, that wouldnt change the fact that a lot of folks here know a lot more football than me. it wouldnt change my post's legitimacy if this were my first. same with tenure and footballs, they're only a small part of someone's recognition ... decide for yourself what you think is right/wrong or smart/silly or whatever.

When you own a small business, it's always a bad idea to hire anyone who lives in your state. :wacko:

When carr is traded and everything you said isnt going to happen does, just dont post anymore.

Ha! Yeah, the kid looks like he stepped in it. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't title the thread that way.
I think instead of banning(if Davey goes), he should just create a new thread, "I Was Wrong About EVERYTHING".
That might help regain some cred.

I can assure you, new guy...SWT couldn't care less about your view...or anyone elses view of his "cred."

LOL
Look, the kid got cocky and staked out his stance on the issue and is now having to backtrack.
Not the end of the world for him, those lessons come with age, it's called accountability. We're just poking fun so lighten up.

I can assure you, new guy...SWT couldn't care less about your view...or anyone elses view of his "cred."

I think I can vouch for that. It's not going to bother him much. It'll just somehow be a way to make this the NEXT longest thread ever, lol.

LOL
Look, the kid got cocky and staked out his stance on the issue and is now having to backtrack.
Not the end of the world for him, those lessons come with age, it's called accountability. We're just poking fun so lighten up.

Pretty obvious you haven't read much of this thread before you posted.

I still can't even fathom that we have so many people placing such stock in sourcelesss Jake Plummer rumors when again I point out that every media source in the entire country knew with unquestioned certainty that we were drafting Reggie "Sure Thing" Bush last year. But hey, if someone in the paper said it, it must be true!

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

I don't WANT to hear anything. Im just telling you whats going to happen

When you put yourself out there like this, you have to expect to be called on it.

Pretty obvious you haven't read much of this thread before you posted.

No he's the type who only visits threads to burn on Carr, without actually reading the info in the thread. Not to be confused with my idiotic posts, I actually try to understand whats going on in the thread before posting. (I just usually fail miserably at it):cry2:

:includeme:

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

I'm so tired of all the whining UT fans! There is no conspiracy to keep David Carr nor a plot to keep UT players away from the Texans. The truth is that Mack Brown has poorly developed most of the talent he's acquired at UT and avoiding UT players on the first day wouldn't be the worst policy I can imagine. Most UT players drafted in round one the past 9 years have been busts or at least disappointments.

Regardless, there are 32 teams and the fact that a UT player hasn't been drafted by Houston yet doesn't even qualify as a minor coincidence. Instead, I find it reassuring that our organization doesn't have a policy to get local kids in order to please fans and make a popular choice.

The Texans have been bad to awful over these first five years and I can share your frustration with that but it has nothing to do with rejecting UT or UH players nor any secret conversations from McNair about keeping David Carr no matter what. We are recovering from a bad GM and head coach and some bad luck... All the crying about missing Vince Young is ridiculous. Here are the decisions that have this team losing: Buchanan trade, JBabin trade, Travis Johnson draft (instead of Jamaal Brown not D.Johnson), Glenn release, Todd Wade signing, Robaire Smith signing, Tony Hollings draft, Victor Riley signing, Pendry promotion, among others....

When you put yourself out there like this, you have to expect to be called on it.

What information do you have that proves that statement to be false?

Is it legitimate, is it a figment of your imagination, are their voice (rumors) in your head?

I have not seen anything official that says "David Carr will not be on the Texans roster next year"

I still can't even fathom that we have so many people placing such stock in sourcelesss Jake Plummer rumors when again I point out that every media source in the entire country knew with unquestioned certainty that we were drafting Reggie "Sure Thing" Bush last year. But hey, if someone in the paper said it, it must be true!

The Jake Plummer thing might be sourceless, but it's not much of a stretch. Coaches always want their guys if they can get 'em.

I still think that the Texans had every intention of taking Reggie Bush before they smelled a potential scandal. I've heard from 2 places (Justice's blog, John and Lance) that Casserly was leaking this stuff to the media. Problem is that it wasn't his decision.

I also think people are reading more into the McNair quote than what is really there. I think that he just made that quote to put people on notice that he's not necessarily married to Carr anymore as his QB.

There's still a long way to go before we know if Carr will be here next year or not. Free agency...the combine...individual workouts...the draft.

Back