Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

ESPN.com's Page 2 15 best QB's

Reddevil63

Veteran
You've got to be kidding me...

My question is how do you get a job at ESPN when you obviously have no idea what your talking about? Joey Harrington's #12 while they call David Carr's decision making suspect? Gimme a break...

12. Joey Harrington: I've always liked Joey, even when he was getting his brains beaten in and didn't have Roy Williams to bail him out. Harrington has mucho athleticism. He can fling it deep on the move. Roy's addition has helped him blossom. What I question about Harrington is his toughness. Before Roy came along, Harrington was prone to leaving the pocket before his protection truly broke down and before his receivers finished their routes.

David Carr: Decision-making is suspect at best. No command of the game

That is Carr's knock. The Nation doesn't get to see him play game by game, but he is overcoming his early problems this year though. I've enjoyed watching his development and while he does not have a real natural feel for the pocket he is knocking down his past problems with ease so far this year. David gets National respect when we start winning games on a regular basis and he throws 20 - 30 TD's. Until then expect some cynics.

Harrington toughness?????? Carr is the one that got beat up for 76 sacks. Harrington only had something like 12. Give me a break.

Come on guys, it is page two. There is where all of the writers who can't cut it on the main page write. They always do that shock jock writing, stating something off the wall to get a response.

Also the writer is from KC. Guess he is mad we beat them.

Also at least Carr would know not to throw near Marcus Coleman, (eh Trent Green #8).

enjoyed reading the article thanks for posting. All I would say is that these rankings clearly reflect accomplishments from last year & before. Although painting a fairly broad brush with some current relevency it does not reflect the current group as of week 6 or how the current group excells in the future. That being said, Carr will defiently crack the top 10 at some point if not already.

Ben Roethlisberger: Too young. is also a bunch of poohy. He has the best pocket awareness I've seen since Bradshaw or a Plunket, the arm of Marino and the decision making of a young Montana. Currently, at this moment he should be very close to the top 5 and if not now, sooner than latter :popcorn:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. McNair
4. McNabb
5. Culpepper
6. Rothlisberger
7. Leftwich
8. Carr
9. Pennington
10. Vick

Come on, does anyone care what a loser sports writer from KC has to say? A statement like that might sting if it came from someone who knows something about the game like Collinsworth or Jaworski. Whitlock knows as much (or as less) as anyone of you that watch football 10 hours on Sunday.

Now if I were in need of an "expert" opinion from Jason, it would be where to find the best BBQ in Kansas City. That's something he obviously knows a great deal about.

I think alot of this boils down to what guys did last year. There is sort of a delayed effect. Just like the ocean cools down way after the atmosphere cools, guys picking up their game takes a while to filter down to the guys in the pinstripe suits in some office in KC who probably hasn't seen more than a few highlight reel plays. I don't get caught up in what some dumbass in KC says anyway. Why would anyone even care?

Just look at the All-Star and Pro Bowl votes. The media usually votes on last year's performances. Sharper has a good chance at a Pro Bowl if he puts up solid numbers.

Don't worry about it - it's Jason Whitlock. Anyone who is a Texas fan knows that Whitlock has an extreme bias against any team from this state... I'm not sure why, but he does. He's had some gems in the past.

Putting Leftwich ahead of Carr might even be worse than Harrington.

Ssshhh! Let's keep Carr's development a big secret. This way we can punk everybody who plays us and can quietly sneak our way into the playoffs.

I have ESPN at about the same level as SI after last week. All but one of ESPN's so called "experts" has the tacks picked to beat us.

looks to me he had better command last week than mcnair,,,but hey ESPN prolly just "thinks" Mcnair was having a bad day and so was the Titans Defense,,,,so instead of Carr or our D getting credit ,,,the other team is jusr credited with having a bad game !!! Havent we grown used to this yet ? If Carr was to have started off like Ben R. w/ the steelers he would have been just as good ! But he started w/ an expansion franchise,,,,so how can u even compare them ? Their were no plat makers here for Carr when he showed up,,,Ben already had a very good team around him. It just gets me mad to hear Espn,,,,Sports Center people talk about how Ben is the best young QB out there and they would rather take him than Carr idonno:

After thinking about it for a while I do not believe there is a QB in the league I would trade Carr for right now. Including Culpepper and P. Manning. Carr has all the intangables and he is young. Carr is 1st class which is a must to play in Houston. Whiners dont last long around here. As much opportunity as there has been Carr has never finger pointed as have NONE of the Texans. Opposing teams have to make up stuff to get locker room fodder. I like 1st class teams and 1st class owners. As much as I hated the cowboys in the 70's and early 80's I did respect Tx Shramm and Landry for there class which reflected in there organizations strength and dominace. Free agents want to win and play for 1st class teams, some even take less money to play for well respected franchises. In todays free agency market NFL teams have to become recruiters much like college teams. Why did Peterson play for OU instead of Texas? Or Manning to NY instead of SD? Or Dream to the Rockets instead of Knicks? My point is Houston has always been a favorite among athletes but there teams have always been awfull. When a Houston franchise starts to succeed they get great free agent players. Only the Rockets have done it so far. Thus..Barkley,Pippin,Drexler,Eddie Johnson and now Tracy McGrady. The Texans will get a lot of quality free agent players in the future.

texan279 said:
I have ESPN at about the same level as SI after last week. All but one of ESPN's so called "experts" has the tacks picked to beat us.
What I think is interesting is that when we see what the media writes about something we have an understanding about, we recognize how feable it is ... and then we trust it about political matters. Amazing.

I sincerely think that if someone says these things about David Carr is why he is not into the NFL right now. He's developing quicker than the experts predicted, and he is showing a GREAT future in front of him. Maybe we need to win some games more to win the expert's respect... but Im 100% sure that this respect is coming, just wait.

Anyway, if someone who says that is a profesional writer from football says that...I cant understand...

Willy

The guys at ESPN are ignorant windbags. Carr has better completion percentage, more than twice as many yards as Harrington, and a better rating.

NFL SORTABLE STATS, INDIVIDUAL
Rk Name/Team Comp Att Pct Yds Yds/Att TD INT Sacked SackYds RTG
1 Daunte Culpepper, Min 135 187 72.2 1766 9.44 18 3 15 37 127.0
2 Marc Bulger, StL 138 211 65.4 1690 8.01 9 6 16 110 92.3
3 David Carr, Hou 112 175 64.0 1641 9.38 8 5 16 88 97.8
4 Brett Favre, GB 130 208 62.5 1460 7.02 11 6 3 25 89.0
5 Aaron Brooks, NO 124 213 58.2 1415 6.64 8 3 10 66 84.9
28 Joey Harrington, Det 81 136 59.6 809 5.95 8 3 13 55 86.9

jason Whitlock is the really big guy from Kansas City who does the sports reporters at times..these are his opinions not all of ESPNs.

I have to agree with Vinny. Respect will come with winning. Much of Carr not getting respect has to do with the first two losses and one of those being to Harrington. They haven't seen the big picture though.

Ironically, my respect for Carr has always been there but it was cemented in the loss to Minnesota. That was an awesome showing by him.

El Tejano said:
Ironically, my respect for Carr has always been there but it was cemented in the loss to Minnesota. That was an awesome showing by him.

I agree 100% with that. Me too.

Willy

I'm extremely happy with David Carr, so I really don't care what the media says. Sooner or later, they're gonna have to eat their words, anyway.

El Tejano said:

He definitely proved he has the tools to be great in the NFL. The problem is mainly being that the coach has a muzzle on him. He is not able to bite the opposing defense until the muzzle is off. If he is with MN I bet he has similar numbers to Culpepper.

V Man said:
Come on guys, it is page two. There is where all of the writers who can't cut it on the main page write. They always do that shock jock writing, stating something off the wall to get a response.
Now that is one stupid statement. Bill Simmons who writes for Page 2 is one of the top three guys on ESPN.com. As was Ralph Wiley (RIP) who also wrote for Page 2. Just because you don't agree with an assesment does not mean that everthing there is bad.

TexansFan.com said:
Now that is one stupid statement. Bill Simmons who writes for Page 2 is one of the top three guys on ESPN.com...
It's not stupid, it's absolutely correct. The top 3 guys on ESPN.com are Mortenson, Clayton, & Pasquarelli. The Page 2 guys are just that...not lead columnists. You may like them as much or more than the lead columnists, but they are what they are. As V-man says, the Page 2 guys try to be more humorous and/or outlandish than guys like Mort.

Texan fans. Please visit the Phila. Eagles offical board. Go to the "Around the NFL" Look for the poll " Who is the best young qb and read the comments. You will find what fans, who don't even see the Texans very often, think about your team.

jgl35 said:
Texan fans. Please visit the Phila. Eagles offical board. Go to the "Around the NFL" Look for the poll " Who is the best young qb and read the comments. You will find what fans, who don't even see the Texans very often, think about your team.

Can someone copy the text of these post here...? To read it we have to sign up...

Thanks

Willy

Harrington TODAY

18/22
230 yards
2 TD"s
0 INTS
0 FUMBLES
ON THE ROAD
WITH ROY WILLIAMS PLAYING ONLY HALF OF THE TIME
NO RUNNING GAME THE FIRST HALF
EAT MY FARKING COOKIE BUTT CHEESERS

:headbang:

18/22
230 yards
2 TD"s
0 INTS
0 FUMBLES
ON THE ROAD
WITH ROY WILLIAMS PLAYING ONLY HALF OF THE TIME
NO RUNNING GAME THE FIRST HALF
EAT MY FARKING COOKIE BUTT CHEESERS

Harrington had a fumble, although it wasn't a lost fumble.

Back