Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Enough With The High Character Guys Issue.

OT - is Aaron Glenn still available? i know the Pokes cut him but I hadn't heard anything after that. When we had him we used to have a decent defense. He may be old but he can't be any worse than Faggins.
He picked off a pass for a TD Sunday. He plays in the Jaguar nickel packages.

I just can't envision Manning, Brady, or Romo taking a shot like Schaub did yesterday without an enforcer doing his job to retaliate.

Mario should have just steamrolled Rivers after a pass and just taken the penalty and $5,000 fine that would have come. I bet the Chargers would have stood up for their guy.

exactly.....these guys arent running for office they are just playing football.

if the guy can spell S-A-C-K and W-I-N, I am just fine.
Bring on the next Dexter Manley for all I care.(minus the cocaine fetish of course).

That's what I said on the last play. You can have Jack Lambert and a host of guys who don't get arrrested but want to kill the opponent.

i dont want convicts and thugs on my team, i just want guys that arent afraid to smack someone upside the head and kick a little arse. maybe even play with an edge and killer instinct...God forbid

I was saying this last week and this week it really showed. No killer instinct what so ever. The only time the D seems to get fired up is if Mario makes a play, and it seems like a "good job, you dont suck" congratulations. Also when DeMeco makes a play he seems to fire up Greenwood, but that is about it.

one of the worst moves our franchise ever made was getting rid of him for freaking PBurnt no less.....who all of a sudden isn't so bad anymore. hmm...coaching, anyone? we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL and I say that with a completely straight face.

I was saying this last week and this week it really showed. No killer instinct what so ever. The only time the D seems to get fired up is if Mario makes a play, and it seems like a "good job, you dont suck" congratulations. Also when DeMeco makes a play he seems to fire up Greenwood, but that is about it.

the 'good job, maybe you don't suck after all' congratulations are always priceless.....mario seems to be the biggest cheerleader in those 'celebrations'.

OT - is Aaron Glenn still available? i know the Pokes cut him but I hadn't heard anything after that. When we had him we used to have a decent defense. He may be old but he can't be any worse than Faggins.
one of the worst moves our franchise ever made was getting rid of him for freaking PBurnt no less.....who all of a sudden isn't so bad anymore. hmm...coaching, anyone? we have the worst coaching staff in the NFL and I say that with a completely straight face.
glenncrop.jpg
Offensive Player of the Game*: Cornerback Aaron Glenn. Yeah, I'm completely shortchanging a lot of fantastic offensive players. Fred Taylor's 67 yards (only 68 more till he cracks 10,000), Maurice Jones-Drew's excellent play despite a knee injury, our Offensive Line in even attempting to stop the 8 and 9 man fronts that Tampa was throwing their way. All of them are worthy recipients. Even our Wide Receivers made plays.

Nobody made more a more clutch play than Aaron Glenn though, especially when you consider his situation. He was cut from the Cowboys at the start of the season, he had yet to appear in a game, and he was called upon to replace Brian Williams mid week after he strained his hamstring. Then, to top it all off, he makes a great play on the ball after reading Garcia like a cheap novel.

The Pick Six gave the Jaguars a little bit of momentum, even though the Bucs would proceed to march down the field and score. Aaron did a great job in coverage during the rest of the game, filling in for an expensive free agent acquisition and doing his job. I can't say enough for his performance. In fact, I'll let his words do the talking.

(On if he was prepared to go in and start) "I go every week prepared to start, that's what you're supposed to do in this league, that's what a professional is supposed to do. One thing that if my number is called, I'll always be ready to play. It's not a fact that I think it's going to be me to come out there and start, I'm always prepared to start, they just called my number to play this week and I was ready."

Even though he's on the Defense, I'm making him my Offensive Player of the Game!
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/story/2007/10/28/224552/15

signing him after Cowboys unceremoniously cut him from its roster would have been the Texans admitting they were wrong getting rid of him in the first place. I am glad Aaron is doing well and I can't say I am that surprised.
He's at the end of his proverbial NFL rope but he would have made a better nickel corner than Faggins, Fletcher or Sanders the last few years...but we cut him since we wanted to go with "youth".

signing him after Cowboys unceremoniously cut him from its roster would have been the Texans admitting they were wrong getting rid of him in the first place. I am glad Aaron is doing well and I can't say I am that surprised.

AG has always been a smart football player. IMO it was not hard to see that his football IQ would help him play a few extra years.

He's at the end of his proverbial NFL rope but he would have made a better nickel corner than Faggins, Fletcher or Sanders the last few years...but we cut him since we wanted to go with "youth".

Isn't this the same thing people are wanting now. Put Bennett in no matter what happens, if he gets burned it is ok because he is learning on the job?

Now mind you I am not saying Bennett is not better than faggins, because I think he is getting there.

Isn't this the same thing people are wanting now. Put Bennett in no matter what happens, if he gets burned it is ok because he is learning on the job?

I'm not saying I wouldn't be unhappy if he got burned. But I would be a hell of alot less unhappy if he got burned rather than Petey. Plus I would feel like he was learning something as a rookie. Not watching his fellow teammate get Mossed.

AG has always been a smart football player. IMO it was not hard to see that his football IQ would help him play a few extra years.

Glenn was cut because of his salary cap hit in relation to his worth to the team.

Very rarely do guys willingly take a pay cut.

Just because a guy with a big contract gets cut doesn't mean he can't produce for that team in a positive way.

With Glenn, it was about money and the salary cap.

Now mind you I am not saying Bennett is not better than faggins, because I think he is getting there.

In essence, it is kinda the same thing but there are some big differences still.

Glenn wasn't playing poorly like Faggins is and there wasn't a witchhunt against him like there is against Faggins as the weak link of an underachieving defense.

We had DB prospects behind Glenn but no one was clamoring for them to become a starter over Glenn. If Bennett is better than Faggins, he should play. If he isn't better than Faggins, we should save our draft pick next time and use it on someone who is or just focus on another position. Center maybe? Free Safety.

Then Casserly in his infinite wisdom, he then trades for Pat Buchanan and your kinda left like 'OK? I guess that is good now we will have 3 good CBs which will be valuable against the Manning and McNair in our division.' but then they turn around and get rid of Glenn so we are left with DRob and PBuc. A lateral move at best and it ended up being even worse. PBuc gone and Glenn did well with the Cowboys.

Glenn is the 2nd best DB we have ever had...and they cut him. just sad.

In essence, it is kinda the same thing but there are some big differences still.

Glenn wasn't playing poorly like Faggins is and there wasn't a witchhunt against him like there is against Faggins as the weak link of an underachieving defense.

We had DB prospects behind Glenn but no one was clamoring for them to become a starter over Glenn. If Bennett is better than Faggins, he should play. If he isn't better than Faggins, we should save our draft pick next time and use it on someone who is or just focus on another position. Center maybe? Free Safety.

Then Casserly in his infinite wisdom, he then trades for Pat Buchanan and your kinda left like 'OK? I guess that is good now we will have 3 good CBs which will be valuable against the Manning and McNair in our division.' but then they turn around and get rid of Glenn so we are left with DRob and PBuc. A lateral move at best and it ended up being even worse. PBuc gone and Glenn did well with the Cowboys.

I saw the pick and sorry but it looked like a Sage pic, where he just did not see the defender and it was an easy pic. When he was in dullas he was getting burned a lot lasy year and at the beginning of the year. I mean I have seen burnt toast that looked more appealing.

Now I am not saying when he was here and at the time he was let go that was the case.

It was about the salary cap.

Take away that contract, and Glenn probably would still be playing for the Texans. They did not cut Glenn because he couldn't play, they were trying to maintain the salary cap.

Players do not accept paycuts until they get cut! They will take their chances on the open market.

exactly.....these guys arent running for office they are just playing football.

if the guy can spell S-A-C-K and W-I-N, I am just fine.
Bring on the next Dexter Manley for all I care.(minus the cocaine fetish of course).

SH... In one sentence you say that "if the guy can spell S-A-C-K and W-I-N, I am just fine". , but then you go onto say, "Bring on the next Dexter Manley for all I care.(minus the cocaine fetish of course)."... The problem with your statement is that Dexter Manly can't spell either SACK or WIN, - or anything for that matter.... :user:

:sarcasm:

The fact that none of our defensive players took a roughing the passer penalty after what happened to Schaub was bush league and is a representation of the mindset of the coaching. this is a dog-eat-dog game and just like baseball, you have to protect your players ESPECIALLY YOUR FREAKING FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK!!

Kubiak/Smith should have been like 'if one of you doesn't get a roughing the passer penalty this drive, then start looking for a new line of work'. They didn't even go after the guy. Just pathetic lame Care Bear NFL football. You gotta stand up for your guys and if its a blowout and they are taking cheap shots you reciprocate and make their sorry arses pay. Oh man, this team has no heart.....GROW A PAIR, TEXANS!!!

Now this I can embrace. No one fears us. I would love it if we had guys hit. The first towo games, we hit like trains. In the following loses, we were pansies. We were pushed around and bullied. I want a hit man who takes no crap. Like Dunta. Not like thugs r us in Cinci.

Part of it was also Glenn felt he got demoted because they traded for Buchanon. He didn't want to become a nickel at the time (which ended up happening for him anyways).

Back