Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Easterby’s Takeover complete..Watson wants out

texanhead08

All Pro
BOB and Easterby fired a lot of long time employees last year too including the secretary for whatever reason no one seems to know.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
BOB and Easterby fired a lot of long time employees last year too including the secretary for whatever reason no one seems to know.
Imagine if the real secret to nobody coming off Hoodie’s tree having any success is that when they ring him up asking his advice he says “well, first, you want to gut the entire organisation of anybody tenured in their post for, uh, cultural reasons, you know, then you can fill all those roles with the right culture” and these sheep go along doing what he tells them and end up swimming in a sea of ineptitude with people who are new to their role and don’t know what they are doing.

take6

Noob
Has anyone thought that Easterb
can we get back on GOD-JACK thats his new name btw

on isnt it kinda amazing on how he gain so much power !!!! whats next for godjack the only position left to take is Owner !!!!

im seriously starting to be concern for Cals mcnairs well being maybe he is under some sort of spell from godjack

im not it prob wont happen but once watson leaves godjack should be fired has well .... because his culture sucks

and btw looking how this is playing out was King bill a martyr ..???? he had all the power but then jack took it from him and he got fired maybe kingbill was fighting cal and jack and well he lost
t
As anyone thought that maybe Easterby might have black mail on McNair. Maybe McNair has a mistress or is gay is a crook. Easterby has to have something over McNair. No one is that stupid or dumb to follow a guy like Easterby. Would like to hear back from everyone else. Watson needs to leave. It would be best for both parties .

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
It was O'Brien who brought in Easterby
Was it? O'Brien and Easterby never crossed paths in New England (O'Brien out after the 2011 season, Easterby hired in2013).

The only previous relationship I see is between Romeo and Jack, who were together in 2011-12 when Crennel was Head Coach and Easterby was the unpaid chaplain.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So I guess we all agree that this team is swimming in sh!t then. Oh well. Is there anyone left that think's all these changes they've been doing is a good idea?

FireBOB

Waterboy
So I guess we all agree that this team is swimming in sh!t then. Oh well. Is there anyone left that think's all these changes they've been doing is a good idea?
I wish they'd just be honest about it. They fired Palcic for making fun of Rudy's Four Seasons Landscaping fiasco, we all know the Jack'n'Cal kneel and pray stories, and they're quite clearly only targeting devout Christians to come into the organization.

I dunno maybe it ends up working out down the road, when the entire organization is Christian Conservative and all the dissenters are gone. Perhaps we become a preferred landing spot for top religious right athletes? Wish they'd pick people based on talent rather than 'cultural fit', but there you go, it's the McNair's money and their organization to destroy run as they see fit.

banned1976

sleeper mode
How does one become an Easterby hanger on? Seems like some well paying positions need to be filled.
Go to his church, follow him around and laugh at all his stupid ass jokes.

I don't care if it's my dream job, I wouldn't be able to kiss Jack Easterby's ass. Back in my substance abuse days I stayed at a faith based rehab facility for 9 months (the place was free, I was homeless with no insurance, beggars can't be choosers), I ran into people like Easterby nearly everyday and I put as much distance between me and them as I could.

I have no qualms over people practicing their faith. It's when they try to force their believes on everyone else is where I have a problem. Is that what's going on at NRG now? That's what it looks like.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I say fire Easterby, Caserio, the new HC I can't remember his name, and everyone else involved with the organization. Throw a few names in the hat and pick one to be the new GM and start the hell over. And trade away anyone worth any kind of draft pick. And rename the team.
I’m on board but the same gumdrop shaped fool would still be the owner and that is the root of all this embarrassing ineptitude.

Cal McNair is less Bob McNair and more Fredo Corleone.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I’m on board but the same gumdrop shaped fool would still be the owner and that is the root of all this embarrassing ineptitude.

Cal McNair is less Bob McNair and more Fredo Corleone.
When is Cal getting taken for a fishing trip? Word of warning Cal.....if the folks taking you fishing are in suits and overcoats, you might think twice about this fun-filled outing.

Last edited:

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
When is Cal getting taken for a fishing trip? Word of warning Cal.....if the folks taking you fishing are in suits and overcoats, you might think twice about this fun-filled outing.
Well I don’t need to see the dumb gumdrop get whacked. But I wouldn’t be opposed to video of him surfacing while getting the Robert Kraft special at a massage parlor or footage of Fredo McNair participating in the rioting at the Capitol if means forcing him to sell the team.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Read this gobbledygook taken from a podcast off the website above. I've never heard more useless crap in my life. And I spent an afternoon listening to a Stephen Covey speech.

And so what the evolution of character coaching has kind of come into is that people have needs, right? We’re human doings, we’re human beings, not human doings. And so people have needs and they have needs that need to be taken care of weekly, monthly, yearly. And so my job is to service the needs of the Schumann’s, the people’s side of the business and to make sure that we’re out in front of any, um, leadership or a potential bumps or issues, leadership challenges that may be out there for our players or coaches or our staff. And so it’s been an honor to serve and learn and, um, uh, do anything we can help do be the glue of the team.
You know, just because of the intentionality. You know, the one word that I always say about bill, when I think of, of his leadership, his intentionality, I think there’s nothing better to say about a leader then he intentionally did that. And whether that’s how he’s, uh, reciprocated his investment in Navy and, and what they meant to his father, or whether that’s, uh, how he’s invested in as children and now grandchildren, I think, I think his wisdom of the investment of intentionality is, um, you know, you think about what most people do with success, right? What do they do with it? What do they, when you get successful, what do you do? And I would say when you get successful, it shows a lot about who you are. And so bill has been extremely intentional with his success. You know, he gave a, I’m sure you saw the rich eyes and thing where he gives to rich eyes and every year it’s a calm behind about what he’s thankful for rich and how rich makes a difference. Food St Jude there. So I just that the word that comes to mind beyond a specific story is intentionality and a man, I’m blessed. We’re so blessed to have the overlap. And I’m proud to call him friend
And so I would say all the things I do with our players and really anything I’m doing in general with trying to make an impact in this culture is around being a better decision maker. Because you can’t be with someone all the time to make choices for them and do it for them. You have to make them a better decision maker. So when the heat’s on and the speeds up, they make good choices. So we’re not winners or losers, we are born choosers, right? And then you make your choices and your choices make you. So I think in the big picture, everything I’m doing is about making choices and trying to help them be, have a better prism to make those those choices
But the truth is that we, we, we got to take a harder look at ourselves and that’s me and you and everybody included to take a more thorough look at every single area. Um, personal relationships, professional relationships, what binocular we’re using, what habits we have, how we carry ourselves, eye contact, body language, saying play please. And thank you all the things that we’ve all heard growing up and many people have heard just in general, but I just think we need a more thorough look. I don’t think it’s one thing that the culture is missing. Um, I don’t think it’s one thing that the culture said. All we got to do is this. I think it’s about being more thorough. I think our leaders need to be thoroughly vetted so that when they get in charge, they can give a charge and not just be in charge.
This guy can talk a blue streak about absolutely nothing.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Read this gobbledygook taken from a podcast off the website above. I've never heard more useless crap in my life. And I spent an afternoon listening to a Stephen Covey speech.

This guy can talk a blue streak about absolutely nothing.
No wonder he couldn't cut it as a preacher. He'd have to pay 10% to his congregation to listen to this garbage.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Just heard from a friend that Roots may be resigning soon. Bunch of idiots on Kirby
He just resigned.

In 2005, McNair promoted Rootes to president, a position he retained until turning in his resignation to Cal McNair, who has run the team since his father lost his battle with cancer in November of 2018.

“I love Cal like a brother,” Rootes said. “This idea (resigning) isn’t new to me. When Bob’s health started to decline, I thought it was important for the organization to have stability during this window. When Bob passed away, I felt like I owed it to Cal to be here.”

Maverick

Failure is not an option
Nailed it.

I wish they'd just be honest about it. They fired Palcic for making fun of Rudy's Four Seasons Landscaping fiasco, we all know the Jack'n'Cal kneel and pray stories, and they're quite clearly only targeting devout Christians to come into the organization.

I dunno maybe it ends up working out down the road, when the entire organization is Christian Conservative and all the dissenters are gone. Perhaps we become a preferred landing spot for top religious right athletes? Wish they'd pick people based on talent rather than 'cultural fit', but there you go, it's the McNair's money and their organization to destroy run as they see fit.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Texans just hired another “character coach”
He is from the Lions via the, you guessed it, Patriots.
An NFL team does NOT need character coaches, especially when the damn franchise doesn’t even employ these so called “characters”!
Easterby strikes again!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
With Rootes gone and now Easterby doing his thing, maybe we are no longer a marketing company with a football division, but rather a Church with a young man development division. Oh how I long for the just win baby
Yep, you nailed it. From ArlingtonTexan's article in another thread:

To give an idea of what a character coach does, this USA Today story about Easterby from last month quoted him as describing his role as this: "To help them create healthier relationships, healthier viewpoints, so that they can become the kind of people they want. Doing that would make them more sustainable in just about everything.”

WTF does any of that have to do with playing football?? :um:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Well Easterby can always use lots of candy and healthy Biden sniff from behind to land the candidates of his liking. Hold onto your belts tightly is all I can say. We seen what happened at the church and Boy Scouts....last thing this organization needs is another late night commercial asking if you were violated by the Texans FO and if so, please call this number b/c we're here to help.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texans just hired another “character coach”
He is from the Lions via the, you guessed it, Patriots.
An NFL team does NOT need character coaches, especially when the damn franchise doesn’t even employ these so called “characters”!
Easterby strikes again!
Agreed

But I'm hoping this is a sign of change and they are planning to need a character coach soon.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Yep, you nailed it. From ArlingtonTexan's article in another thread:

To give an idea of what a character coach does, this USA Today story about Easterby from last month quoted him as describing his role as this: "To help them create healthier relationships, healthier viewpoints, so that they can become the kind of people they want. Doing that would make them more sustainable in just about everything.”

WTF does any of that have to do with playing football?? :um:

Somehow we need to convince Cal that Jack voted the same way Palcic did.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So he's alot like the Godfather was?

This isn't going to end well. Good news is I've heard Easterby at the request of the minority owners will only be on Kirby for 1 more yr.