Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

East-West Shrine Practices

Practices started today and I’ve been browsing the practice reports that I’ve seen so far as well as prospects that were pointed out that caught my eye.

PFF Day 1
Pierre Strong Jr RB SDSU- foot quickness, tough back that’s hard to bring down

Kyle Phillips WR UCLA- savvy route running. I didn’t know about him but I loved the quickness in the clip shown. Slot receiver

“Bam” Olaseni OT Utah- massive tackle. I’ve seen him mentioned in a couple of reports. Good balance. Practiced at both guard spots too.

Luke Watteberg C UW- confirmed via multiple sites that he had a good practice. Quick hands, showed a lot of strength

Mathew Butler DL Tennessee- confirmed via multiple sites impressive practice. Power, burst, and active hands. There’s a great clip on one site of him going up against OL. He’d be a great addition.

Jermaine Waller DB VT- injury history is a concern, but I’d be willing to take a flier on him

Steelers Depot
Steelers Depot East Practice

Jelani Woods TE Virginia- smooth routes, dominated 1v1

Tay Martin WR OSU- highlight reel catches, does have a limited route tree though

Shaun Jolly DB App St- good mirror, smaller corner but has patience and discipline, high football IQ, “was suffocating receivers”

PFN

Xavier Newman-Johnson OL Baylor- flashed athleticism, undersized, mentioned on multiple sites

TDN Risers Day 1
Mentioned several of the prospects already listed.

He’s been one of my late round dark horses. I was pretty impressed with 6-3 @ 200 lbs and “after-burner” being used in one of his descriptions. I don’t think the Nebraska passing game was a good barometer for this receiver.
Good to know. He’s another one that I hadn’t really heard of, so I’m interested to see if he capitalized on the EW practices /game and and improves his draft stock.

Just a reminder, the Shrine game is on tonight, 2/3/22, on NFL Network at 7pm CST.
I’m going to try to watch it if I can, but don’t know if I’ll be able to.

Do you have prospects that you’re looking forward to watching in the game?

I’m going to try to watch it if I can, but don’t know if I’ll be able to.

Do you have prospects that you’re looking forward to watching in the game?
Calvin Turner out of Hawaii is a RB/WR that is interesting. Pierre Strong, RB out of South Dakota State. Tanner Conner is a WR/H back out of Idaho State. Mainly guys from smaller schools looking to matchup with stronger competition.

James Houston, LB out of Jackson State, played like a laser guided missile. Kinda small though. Virginia Tech OG Brock Hoffman showed some movement skills and pop. Josh Johnson, WR Tulsa, was able to separate from coverage. Kentucky NT Marquan McCall is a big man with a bad attitude.

Back