Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Earl Thomas released by Ravens

I haven't seen anything concrete on why Thomas was released. It takes 2 guys to make a fight, and it seems that Clark had started the incident in practice. I haven't seen anything specific, but reports are that he's not a "good teammate". Thomas had an excellent bounce back year in 2019, playing out of position.

There are coaches with the Falcons, Chargers, Cowboys, and Niners who have worked with Thomas in the past. He's bound to end up with one of these teams that know what he's about.

I haven't seen anything concrete on why Thomas was released. It takes 2 guys to make a fight, and it seems that Clark had started the incident in practice. I haven't seen anything specific, but reports are that he's not a "good teammate". Thomas had an excellent bounce back year in 2019, playing out of position.

There are coaches with the Falcons, Chargers, Cowboys, and Niners who have worked with Thomas in the past. He's bound to end up with one of these teams that know what he's about.
When the players tell management they support Thomas being cut or traded, I don't want him here. I did when he came out of Texas but has been pain in behind to two teams and Obrien recently said that is not his type player. Thomas has skills just not social skills.

As I've been, Thomas has shown increased instability since the incident with his wife in May. The team has been concerned about the negative reflection left, and his easily-triggered displaced aggressiveness on and off the field..........which could be understandable under the circumstances.
********************************************************************************************************

Ravens star Earl Thomas involved in altercation with his wife
By
Vincent Frank
-
May 6, 2020

The sleepy part of the NFL schedule normally tends to bring some negative headlines around the gridiron world.

That’s where we are at right now following the 2020 NFL Draft and prior to the start of training camp.

Unfortunately, it looks like Baltimore Ravens star safety and future Hall of Famer Earl Thomas is the latest profile to find himself in the news for the wrong reason.

Thomas took to Instagram Wednesday night to announce that TMZ Sports will be running a report Thursday morning indicating that he was involved in an altercation with his wife, Nina.

Thomas noted that TMZ Sports has a copy of the police report. While he did say this isn’t the business of the public, making the announcement clearly shows that something happened.

UPDATE: Wife chased him around with gun

TMZ Sports reported Thomas’ wife pointed a gun to his head and chased him around the home after she found him, and his brother Seth, naked in bed with another woman.

He's been showing that Antonio Brown "unhinged" behavior lately. I'll pass.
While I get your point, not certain wanting more money and fighting with a teammate is unhinged Behavior. We would probably have to eliminate a large percentage of the NFL For that. Extracurricular activities in his marriage may have led to his wife becoming unhinged! I'm not sure how many of the NFL would be lost over that. IMO, that is between him, wife and criminal/family court.

Ya, I don't rate Thomas' shenanigans quite on par with AB's. He's definitely got a similar case of the big head, but I'm still not sure it's nfl wr diva grade, just pretty big. Hopefully on a third stop in as many seasons on a relatively cheap vet contract that we could pull the plug on in a heartbeat he'd be at least aware enough he's just about out of chances to ball out to his waning financial potential and we get some of the best of what he's got left. I also think we've got just enough of a solid locker room to keep a strong balance.

Just worth a look-see is all, imo..

He's always been emotional, but lately he hasn't been able to channel that emotion and the incidents with him over the last few years make him look like a loose cannon. He was last seen in Seattle flipping the bird to his teammates/HC/organization as he was carted off the field......then the whole "Dallas come get me" tweet right after that....then the whole thing with his wife...which you can't really say things like that are just between "him, his wife and family/court" b/c that kinda nonsense does affect the team whether you believe it or not. Now this. What's more he wasn't just released simply b/c he got into a fight with a teammate; that kinda stuff happens all the time and organizations don't bat an eye. There's more to it than that. It is reported that this dude was also missing practices & was late to meetings (to get his car washed, lol) too. Not the kind of stuff you expect from a veteran leader of your team.................which is why the team leadership group reportedly wanted this dude gone.

As CND posted upthread, there's more to what's been going on with this dude than meets the eye.

Back