Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta Robinson (way to play rook!!!)

Wolverine

Practice Squad
I was at the game last night and i have to say that i was thouroughly impressed with the play of the rookie dunta robinson

I mean, this kid seems to really have what it takes to be a top flight corner in this league. He defended passes, played press covererage aggressively despite his size, and made some impressive tackles.

I think he could stand a good chance of becoming defensive rookie of the year and will make veteran WR's respect him sooner than the normal rookie corner.

the Texans definately did not waste a pick on this kid.

tell me what you think texan fans!!!

Played better then expected but it's still a pre season game. I'll wait till next week to see how good he really is. He'll be facing Plaxico Buress, Hines Ward, and Antwaan Randle-El. But it's definitely a good start for him and the Texans.

Nawzer hit the nail on the head. The Steelers game will be Dunta's first real trial by fire. For what it's worth, my money's on D-Rob.

I'm getting the feeling that this will be the second year in a row where Texans fans (including myself) spend Draft Weekend pulling their hair out over Casserley's draft strategy only to turn around and call the man a genius (which he is) two months later. Which to me is totally copacetic; if being wrong feels this good I don't ever want to be right. And if you were to ask my wife, she'd say I've been feeling great since the day she met me. :crazy:

Dunta is a Ferrari. I think he'll be solid from week 1.

Keyshawn only tested Dunta's hearing. I agree with Nawzer that Pittsburgh will be a good test for him, but don't forget that the steelers also have Jay Riersmersma (sp?), a good TE with very good hands, and that will be a good test for Babin in coverage. He looked slow at reading run/pass last night, but all in all he looked very good for his first exhibition NFL game. Both will only improve with time.

wow you actually thought casserly makes bad draft day and off season decisions? idonno:

well I'm here to tell you i'm also a niners fan and NO ONE i mean NO ONE could make as dumb decisions as their front office. :thumbdown

I actually am convinced that the texans have one of the smartest front offices and coaching staffs in the NFL.

Since they began they have made nothing but BIG TIME wise decisions in personel :thumbup

drafting CARR
aquiring GLENN, WALKER, SHARPER ETC

when the WR corps seemed to need help they drafted JOHNSON who will eventually be a superstar given a little more experience.

drafting drew henson and then using him as a pawn to get yet another draft pick

the front office action goes on and on and on they really have been doing the righ thing and thats why i feel like they will become contenders faster than any expansion team in the history of this league!!!!!!!!

Nawzer, bad, and texasguy,

I'm not going to say that Meshawn is one of the top WR's in the league anymore, but he is certainly a savvy veteran and one who is able to run good routes. Robinson's performance against Johnson in his first preseason game was a very good first step. Yes, he will get a stiffer test against the Steelers, but the Steelers have one of the best corp of WR's in the league. If Robinson plays well against the Steelers, it would be another good step but still just a preseason game. If Robinson gets burned every play, remember that it is against one of the best units in football and that it is just a preseason game.

The guy did very good for his debut...better than I had expected. I am a little worried about the next game as it was mentioned above, the Steelers boast one of the best receiving corps in the league and as long as he holds his own will be impressive. This will serve as a learning experience which can only be good.

He has better closing speed than any corner I've seen in a while. You probably can't see it on TV but it was very evident watching him from the stands. He is very fast.

You're right a.j. - they guy can fly. You could definitely tell on tv how fast he is. He hits that extra gear and it looks like he gets shot out of a cannon he gets there so fast. One of the things I was impressed with was his breaks on the ball to get inside of the receivers. The one he almost intercepted early in the game was fantastic, but there was even another one later on, a slant, that was tipped incomplete and if it hadn't been tipped he was there to intercept it. Another thing I'm very impressed with is his cocky attitude. Keyshawn was sitting there talkin' his usual trash, and Dunta was giving it back and backing it up. That cocky attitude is exactly what every player needs to succeed and be great in the NFL. I'm not saying he needs to be arrogant and think of himself...but that extra confidence in his abilities and swagger.

Back