Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dunta Robinson: Mid-Season DROY

Beastlyman2003

Waterboy
On NFL.com, Vic Cariucci's article of mid-season awards and rankings has
D-ROB as the leader for defensive rookie of the year.

"Best, worst at halfway mark

By Vic Carucci
National Editor, NFL.com
(Nov. 10, 2004) -- Halfway through the season, it is time to review the best and worst of what we have seen to date.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

Best Defensive Rookie: Dunta Robinson, CB, Houston

He has three interceptions. Robinson and Aaron Glenn give the Texans two of the better cover corner duos in the league. Robinson, the 10th player picked overall this year, has quietly established himself as the top rookie CB in the league to date; he's 4th on the team in tackles with 35 and has 3 interceptions and 10 other pass breakups.

I guess Casserly DOES INDEED know best.

DRob has certaily played well for a rookie, heck even a seasoned CB. He is playing so well that it is starting to look like IMO that teams are starting to challenge Glenn and finding easier pickings there.

I agree edo...with Dunta and Marcus on one side...Glenn and Brown/Earl has become vulnerable.

Dunta needs another multi-pick game to REALLY get him on the radar. Jonathan Vilma is getting a lot more pub. It would be great for him to shine on SNF against the Pack.

Let's hope he doesn't have a game like he did last week other than the big hit. Manning is very coniving and can hide things real well. This will be a big test for Dunta.

I thought he would come in a do a good job, but he has really stepped it up. It looks like AG is loosing a step or hobbled by injuries, so we got DRob, right on time!!!

|The.Brandon| said:
Dunta needs another multi-pick game to REALLY get him on the radar. Jonathan Vilma is getting a lot more pub. It would be great for him to shine on SNF against the Pack.

It's possible. I love watching Favre play, but he makes a lot of passes that he shouldn't when trying to fit a ball in a bad spot. Hopefully we can get some pressure on him and cause some forced passes. Also, fumbles are very likely since Green has butterfingers.

|The.Brandon| said:
D.J. Williams is having arguably as good or better year than his ex teammate but right or wrong Vilma will get more notice playing in NY.

Question. Now that hindsight is 20/20. Do you think the DBs taken before Dunta were better selections or do you feel we got the steal out of the 3?

El Tejano said:
Question. Now that hindsight is 20/20. Do you think the DBs taken before Dunta were better selections or do you feel we got the steal out of the 3?

Dunta will really get a chance to shine in the Colts game. Manning is going to go after him ALOT and he will get the chance to make a real statement.

Sean Taylor is playing well. It is a hard call between the two on which I would rather have. Course there is that "breaking the law" thing i would take into consideration...

To me, having Dunta was the better deal because it allowed us to keep another veteran in the backfield for many more years due to Dunta's steady progress. So in most cases, Dunta helped the team in more ways than one.

For those who get Sports Illustrated....Dunta Robinson was listed as "Most Studious" rookie in the November 15 issue (page 41). :)

Edited for spelling....

D-Rob and Earl the future stars of our secondary no doubt they will be pro bowl players in the near future and hopefully help us get to the BIG GAME SoOn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I am being doubtful but I can see why DRob would make the ProBowl soon. However, I would like to know what Earl has done or does to make you believe he will be in the Pro Bowl soon also.

Back