Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Domanick Davis problem

DR#1

Practice Squad
i have figured out what is wrong with domanick davis and why he's not to successful, well with the new blocking scheme that we have installed he has to be paitient with hitting the whole, he has to much acceleration n hits the whole too fast thats why Wells is doing so successful because he's not that fast n he see's the holes develop thats just my point of view

No your right about that Davis just has to fast of feet and is in there before he gets a chance to see the hole open up, thats why last years regular blocking scheme worked so good for him. I think once he gets used to the new scheme and has a few good games with it he will be ok ! I dont think people have the right to count davis out just cause he's had a bad first half of the season, HE"LL BE OK !

I think some people (myself included) are underestimating how long it takes for an OLine with new starters at three posiitons to learn a new scheme and use it effectively. I realize Davis might not be the longterm answer due to durability concerns, but when the line really gets it down I think Davis will do pretty well.

they were just crediting clinton portis' last successful game to his new found understanding of having patience for the holes to open up. it's still a little to do with the line not getting those holes opened up before people are in our backfield also. i think that once domanick and the line meet in the middle then things will be picking up. just my thoughts.

Davis needs a big enough hole that he can get through without the linemen impeding his progress. It seems like everytime he tries to hit the hole, he has to squeeze through and it slows him down so the linebackers/DL can skip around and pick some daisies before even tackling him.

it seems last year he would take off into the hole, could change directions if nothing was there and pick up 4 or 5 yards constantly, He just needs to learn how to have patience behind this new scheme, and he will do fine !

Back