Thanks for your support!

Does this trade make sense to you?

Childress79

Waterboy
Keke Coutee + Zach Fulton + 3.90

for

David Johnson + pick 3.72

Why Arizona does it:
Primarily this is the best way to dump David Johnson's contract. This move allows them to get out from under Johnson's contract so that they can re-sign Drake. It cost us a 2nd round pick to rid ourselves of Brock Osweiler. Here Arizona makes a similar move but it only costs them a 3rd and they acquire two players who should contribute to their team. Fulton is an upgrade at G or C for them and Coutee has a history of success with Kliff Kingsbury at TTU.

Why Houston does it:
David Johnson is an improvement at RB. While his salary is likely cost prohibitive long term he would be a cut candidate in '21 (or he could restructure his deal too). Either way, in getting rid of Fulton's salary the Texans essentially get Johnson for what it would cost to re-sign Hyde. Added bonus would be moving up a little in round 3 for our troubles.

Keke Coutee + Zach Fulton + 3.90

for

David Johnson + pick 3.72

Why Arizona does it:
Primarily this is the best way to dump David Johnson's contract. This move allows them to get out from under Johnson's contract so that they can re-sign Drake. It cost us a 2nd round pick to rid ourselves of Brock Osweiler. Here Arizona makes a similar move but it only costs them a 3rd and they acquire two players who should contribute to their team. Fulton is an upgrade at G or C for them and Coutee has a history of success with Kliff Kingsbury at TTU.

Why Houston does it:
David Johnson is an improvement at RB. While his salary is likely cost prohibitive long term he would be a cut candidate in '21 (or he could restructure his deal too). Either way, in getting rid of Fulton's salary the Texans essentially get Johnson for what it would cost to re-sign Hyde. Added bonus would be moving up a little in round 3 for our troubles.

Not a bad proposal but I'd be more inclined to start with the teams RD4-25 pick for Cardinals RD3-07 pick and the players mentioned.

The Texans do not need to unload Coutee.....but he'd be an asset with the Cardinals. Johnson has become a liability financially now that Drake is taking the snaps. Fulton is a bonus b/c his grades were based on OB's offense and Devlin's ability as an OL Coach. The Cardinals are desperate need of help on their OL.

Not a bad proposal but I'd be more inclined to start with the teams RD4-25 pick for Cardinals RD3-07 pick and the players mentioned.

The Texans do not need to unload Coutee.....but he'd be an asset with the Cardinals. Johnson has become a liability financially now that Drake is taking the snaps. Fulton is a bonus b/c his grades were based on OB's offense and Devlin's ability as an OL Coach. The Cardinals are desperate need of help on their OL.

Who are you putting at right guard ?

I like packaging Coutee and Fulton to them for their obvious needs, don't like the return we'd be getting in David Johnson though simply b/c between he and Duke, you'd be having close to 20 mil invested & you can't have that much money tied up in the RB position unless you have a true stud back there & even then its dicey. Aside from that, he hasn't had a season anywhere close to the one that netted him that contract since he signed it, i'm just not even sure it'd be a major upgrade over what we got out of Hyde and Johnson this past year.

Switch out David Johnson for Patrick Peterson and i'm all in.............& before you ask why would they do it, its b/c he'd be an UFA in 2021 & there's at least the possibility that they could lose him for nothing after 2020. They get some cap relief, 2 immediate contributors & upgrades for Kingsbury and his offense at 2 positions + they get to keep a 3rd, we get a much needed upgrade at CB + a move up in the 3rd.

Fan of Johnson coming out of college but no longer. Move Fulton, Keke and Fuller but I'd prefer draft picks. We can get RB and wide receiver and RG in draft. I'd also rather have one or two bang band trades than small ones.

I like packaging Coutee and Fulton to them for their obvious needs, don't like the return we'd be getting in David Johnson though simply b/c between he and Duke, you'd be having close to 20 mil invested & you can't have that much money tied up in the RB position unless you have a true stud back there & even then its dicey. Aside from that, he hasn't had a season anywhere close to the one that netted him that contract since he signed it, i'm just not even sure it'd be a major upgrade over what we got out of Hyde and Johnson this past year.

Switch out David Johnson for Patrick Peterson and i'm all in.............& before you ask why would they do it, its b/c he'd be an UFA in 2021 & there's at least the possibility that they could lose him for nothing after 2020. They get some cap relief, 2 immediate contributors & upgrades for Kingsbury and his offense at 2 positions + they get to keep a 3rd, we get a much needed upgrade at CB + a move up in the 3rd.

Tex, I like this much more b/c Peterson would actually give the Texans a huge upgrade in an area of need. Maybe the Texans could eliminate the picks in this move altogether. Texans get CB- Peterson and the Cardinals get WR- Coutee, RG- Fulton, and CB- Gareon Conley. Texans would probably need to sign Peterson before he becomes an UFA.

We need Fulton as a backup guard and we're not hurting at RB. Coutee I would trade for a good waterboy.

Back