Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Does the first game change your opinion of how you think the season will go?

Does the first game change your opinion of how you think the season will go?

• Total voters
So what's YOUR definition of success?

Not sure I have one. Wasn’t being argumentative. Just trying to continue the logic statement. A lot can change in a season but as of right now I don’t see this team as constructed to beat NE or KC. So this season can look a lot like last year. Win the division. Do better with WC win but that will be it because they would more than likely face one or the other in the divisional game. Would I be happy with this outcome? Probably because right now I’m confident that this is the best they will be able to do this year.

We can see all of this shaping up now and speak to it logically, and we can know that they aren’t as good as the Patriots or Chiefs, but when they lose to either in the playoffs this place will consider it all a failure because they didn’t reach <fill in playoff round here>.

Not sure I have one. Wasn’t being argumentative. Just trying to continue the logic statement. A lot can change in a season but as of right now I don’t see this team as constructed to beat NE or KC. So this season can look a lot like last year. Win the division. Do better with WC win but that will be it because they would more than likely face one or the other in the divisional game. Would I be happy with this outcome? Probably because right now I’m confident that this is the best they will be able to do this year.

We can see all of this shaping up now and speak to it logically, and we can know that they aren’t as good as the Patriots or Chiefs, but when they lose to either in the playoffs this place will consider it all a failure because they didn’t reach <fill in playoff round here>.

So you'd be happy with a playoff appearance and a first round loss to KC or NE because we just cant beat them?

What's worse than us being disappointed is that if this scenario plays out like we expect …. Nothing is going to change next season. We'll still have a coaching staff we have absolutely no faith in.

Ownership doesn’t have winning football pedigree to select best possible talent to run football operations. This a rich family, built company in business world but simply out of their league in entertainment business. Think that’s why more they change more things stay the same.

I'm sorry. I don't even look at thread titles anymore.

What's your definition of a deep playoff run ?!

Beat the wildcard team and bow out to either KC or NE in the second round ?

While I was not bothered by the loss to NO Monday, even a loss like that would not be acceptable in the divisional round. I may not even accept an AFCCG loss like that without extenuating circumstances.

Then again I'd have fired BO'b after losing the way we did in the Wildcard last year. I'd have fired him after that Dallas Preseason game.

I'm a knee-jerk sob, I know it. BO'b is lucky I'm not the guy who signs his check.

Back