Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Does Carr really want to stay a Texan?

Is that your idea of being witty? You are probably another poor product of HISD.

Ok so why does his wedding ring affect his play?

I think I would rather have a guy that is proud of his family rather than someone who is married but screwing on the side. Really think about what you said and how it had no prospective on what we are takling about.:confused:

Well.... that's one way to look at it. It's funny how you mention Spencer going down as when all "this" started happening.

Dwight Freeney had no sacks when Spencer was in the game. He had 0 sacks after Spencer went down.

The Skins recorded one sack. Salaam didn't give it up.

Against Miami....... Jason Taylor didn't get none, till Bedell filled in for Salaam, and Kubiak begged Salaam to come back in & play hurt.

Dallas?? I thought Demarcus Ware was supposed to be a bad maama jaama??

Jacksonville?? Yeah, they were hurt, so it doesn't count.

Tennessee?? This is where I think Salaam's performance started falling off. I don't think he ever fully recovered, but we shouldn't have expected him to. If only we'd have thought far enough ahead, & kept Wand(who played better than Spencer in the Preseason).

His play was spotty for a few games........ I won't lie. But Freeney turned in another goose egg after round 2, so he can't be all that bad.

Pitts is the only player who has played on the O-Line all 5 seasons of the Texans existence. as LT, and as LG. so that means we've had multiple LTs, multiple LGs, Multiple Centers, multiple RGs, & multiple RTs.

We are on our second head coach.... third OC.. We've gone through a dozen WRs, half a dozen tightends, a dozen RBs,

same results.

Good point..... I'll give you that.

You can watch him, and it is easy to see he doesn't recognize mismatches, situations, and defenses in general. Give him all that other stuff, and he still won't recognize mismatches, situations, and defenses.

Some guys can't translate their college success to the NFL. To date, David has failed to do so.

So what kind of system would be David Carr friendly??

Any system that doesn't feature a ten year vet retread manning the OLT position ?

Funny how the oline tallent always gets dismissed out of hand by you all. It's not nothing. The stats you post bear out the fact that you neither have the depth of feild nor the intellegence to be posting on the subject if you're dissmissnig the o-line tallent out of hand. Two hunderd and fifty sacks are not "nothing". It matters. And to ignor it out of hand as some of you do in your relentless meaningless at this point, assult, expsoses you for what you are. You never liked him, the sooner he's gone the better. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good trashing. Some of us are just wondering will you ever be able to let it go ?

Ok so why does his wedding ring affect his play?

I think I would rather have a guy that is proud of his family rather than someone who is married but screwing on the side. Really think about what you said and how it had no prospective on what we are takling about.:confused:

I was joking!I was just making fun of David and his throwing motion.

I wish I had the game film to just outright say you're wrong, but since I don't, I will settle for: I think you're wrong.

I don't have access to the game film with Spencer, but I don't think he was being pushed back.

And I also don't think our line was doing that poorly on run blocking. In fact I think that run blocking has always been a strong point for us.

Yep that there thing is a fact. Spencer was bowed and being pusehed back into the back feild. What is also a fact, is that Dayne did have his head down looking for the worm grass monsters. What is speculation by me is that that was the most devestating injury in frachicse history to this point.

Sorry HISD and all of my apologies! All of Texanfan's posts are insults.This guy needs the boot.

I think this would be the :potkettle: And no, I did not go to HISD, but I did graduate from UT. Does that count?

I didn't mean to insult you. I just find your comments to be way out there. Maybe you were just trying to be witty and I missed your humor. I apologize.

No Worries. I really do not care if David wants to be here. That was my whole point and I have a right to have an opinion.I understand if you disagree but I have never forgiven them since they drafted Travis Johnson.Do I have to mention the first pick last year?:deadhorse :deadhorse And our D Line is still a weakness!!!

I know, I agree with all that, and hindsight is 20/20 and we can't go back.

I do think the team is on a positive turn around. It will take some time, but this off-season should tell a big story.

As far as David, I hope wherever he is, he does well. I think the last regime put a big dent in what could have been a great career. He didn't really have a chance until this year. That would be my opinion.

Sorry folks, the primadonna QB needs a new home. He has been coddled and pampered for 5 long years.
He's been a detriment to the team's success.
He and his agent made out like bandits here in Houston.
Good luck to him wherever he goes, he will be a career backup QB from here on out with his next team(s), unless he retires of course.
His departure alone is a step up for this franchise.
Good riddance.

if carr leaves houston the texans will be the crappiest team in the nfl.He has not been a detremint to the team. why dont you put your ass out there and play on that line and see what you do.

Any system that doesn't feature a ten year vet retread manning the OLT position ?

Funny how the oline tallent always gets dismissed out of hand by you all. It's not nothing. The stats you post bear out the fact that you neither have the depth of feild nor the intellegence to be posting on the subject if you're dissmissnig the o-line tallent out of hand. Two hunderd and fifty sacks are not "nothing". It matters. And to ignor it out of hand as some of you do in your relentless meaningless at this point, assult, expsoses you for what you are. You never liked him, the sooner he's gone the better. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good trashing. Some of us are just wondering will you ever be able to let it go ?

Now I've read stupid before, but this post makes those other guys look like rocket scientist.

who dismissed the OLine talent?? My reply was that we've changed every position on the OL multiple times, so I dismiss the idea that we've done nothing, or that we've ignored the OL like so many CArr (IwannaHaveYourBaby) man-friends keep implying.

Then the person I was replying to marked the Spencer injury as the point when all hell broke loose...... I countered that the LT position played well the remainder of that game, the game after, and the game after that, and the game after that.

Inteliegent would be telling me how many sacks Ephraim gave up over the course of the year, or tell me I'm wrong, and that Jason Taylor was in CArr's face all day, or that Demarcus Ware made Carr his play thing, or that Dwight Freeney set a career high in either game he faced Ephraim Salaam.

Of course you'd be lying, but at least it would be football analysis & not this drivel you've resorted to.

depth of feild..... you almost had me going there.... :rofl:

Like many player (Andre Johnson included) they want to stay here until the team wins... This just shows how much class this team has.. you dont hear bitching when they are losing.

Another question for everyone,since reading all these posts about how crappy the team is with Carr did any of you played organized football at all or do you only play fanasty football?Or are you only spouting what these sportswriters spew out since like any mainstream media people these days are only interested in creating news than reporting it?

Another question for everyone,since reading all these posts about how crappy the team is with Carr did any of you played organized football at all or do you only play fanasty football?Or are you only spouting what these sportswriters spew out since like any mainstream media people these days are only interested in creating news than reporting it?

I thought this was a place for fans to talk about their favorite team. Am I in the wrong place?

But... yes, there are people here who have played ball at the college level. (I'm not one of them.) And I think the people who have played ball at the college level are just as divided on the topic as the people who haven't. And I think the mainstream media people mostly believe that Carr just needs a chance with a good team... so the people who are anti-Carr aren't exactly spouting the mainstream media line.

I thought this was a place for fans to talk about their favorite team. Am I in the wrong place?

But... yes, there are people here who have played ball at the college level. (I'm not one of them.) And I think the people who have played ball at the college level are just as divided on the topic as the people who haven't. And I think the mainstream media people mostly believe that Carr just needs a chance with a good team... so the people who are anti-Carr aren't exactly spouting the mainstream media line.

What about the radio stations and the print media in Houston? Haven't they been spouting getting rid of Carr?

What about the radio stations and the print media in Houston? Haven't they been spouting getting rid of Carr?

Yep, just about every one of them.

IMO, the roar from the media began picking up steam right about Titans #1 game and continued all the way through till the end of the season (never mind the fact that the Texans won the last two games). For whatever reason, Kubiak nerfed the offense .... some people believe this was due to Carr's inconsistent/shaky play, others believe it was because the OL was injured and patched (the run game could be inconsistent, too, looking good one game and terrible the next). Perhaps it was a bit of both.

It was about this same time that VY started to impress and IMO, restirred resentment about the Texans not selecting him - Carr being held indirectly responsible for this... I know the Chronicle has UT grads (Justice, Lopez) and a big fan of VY in McClain (Baylor) ...Just my :twocents:

Yep, just about every one of them.

IMO, the roar from the media began picking up steam right about Titans #1 game and continued all the way through till the end of the season (never mind the fact that the Texans won the last two games). For whatever reason, Kubiak nerfed the offense .... some people believe this was due to Carr's inconsistent/shaky play, others believe it was because the OL was injured and patched (the run game could be inconsistent, too, looking good one game and terrible the next). Perhaps it was a bit of both.

It was about this same time that VY started to impress and IMO, restirred resentment about the Texans not selecting him - Carr being held indirectly responsible for this... I know the Chronicle has UT grads (Justice, Lopez) and a big fan of VY in McClain (Baylor) ...Just my :twocents:

Nevermind that people have been saying the same thing about Carr before Vince even declared for the draft.

Nevermind that people have been saying the same thing about Carr before Vince even declared for the draft.

Some people, yes. Media, no.

I remember after about Week 3 this year, generally speaking, talk radio was saying "the team has bigger problems than the QB", "the QB gets too much blame when the team loses", etc, etc.

I went back and read one of McClain's preseason blogs and he was praising Carr - "one heck of an athlete" yada, yada, yada...

By the end of the year, just about every one of them was packing his bags...

Are you telling me that Kubiak can not fix this guy? He has all the tools but he is shell shocked.I do not understand why they even wanted to keep him if Kubiak is gonna give up on him after one year. There has to be ONE solution!:bowser:

Are you telling me that Kubiak can not fix this guy? He has all the tools but he is shell shocked.I do not understand why they even wanted to keep him if Kubiak is gonna give up on him after one year. There has to be ONE solution!:bowser:

Since Kubiak and most of Houston has given up on Carr if I was him ask to be released and get the heck out of there.It isn't just the physical abuse now but the mental aspect of not being wanted no matter what you do.He and his family need to lose this town of Houston for their own safety.

Since Kubiak and most of Houston has given up on Carr if I was him ask to be released and get the heck out of there.It isn't just the physical abuse now but the mental aspect of not being wanted no matter what you do.He and his family need to lose this town of Houston for their own safety.

...you're kidding, right? Do you think another team will 'coddle' Carr? give him no competition? make all decisions for him? keep giving him more and more money with little or no expectations? a fan base that only makes excuses for a lack of results and expects nothing from him on the field until he determines everything around him is perfect?

Do you hear David complaining? I wouldn't be suprised if his brother exited from the board...talk about 'got it made?'

...you're kidding, right? Do you think another team will 'coddle' Carr? give him no competition? make all decisions for him? keep giving him more and more money with little or no expectations? a fan base that only makes excuses for a lack of results and expects nothing from him on the field until he determines everything around him is perfect?

Do you hear David complaining? I wouldn't be suprised if his brother exited from the board...talk about 'got it made?'

I think that David is looking forward to returning if it works out that way. People are assuming that the Texans want him out of here at any cost. Not true.

I honestly don't believe the Texans are going to pay anyone $13 million, then cut them the next year. When Kubiak got here, he started working with David right away. The first thing he started working on, was his footwork. That tells me Kubiak knew just how bad our QB was, if he had to take a 5 year vet, and teach him how to drop back.

I can't imagine what David could have done/not done to disappoint Kubiak, knowing he was taking this guy back to square one.

He said he was going to help David experience success in the NFL. Part of that, is taking pressure off of David Carr. I think winning the last 3 of 5(including the Colts, & the last two games of the season) should help in that aspect a lot.

It would also help if he's telling David to ignore what his brother is reading on message boards, and what is being said in the media, and that he(David) is his(Kubiak's) QB.

So in a way, I can believe what Hulk is saying... well, some of it anyway, that 15 teams interested in David to start is kinda out there. But I do believe David will be back starting for the Houston Texans... I don't have a problem with him coming back, but I don't think he should start right away.

& I don't think David is shell shocked. To me, shell shocked would have David tossing the ball like a hot potato whenever the blitz is on. A condition I saw in Plumer, his last year in Arizona, when I lost all respect for him.

David is still willing to take the sack. He'd hold on to the ball if he could, so I don't think that's shell shocked.

He is afraid to pull the trigger, & right now, I think that may be his biggest problem. At the same time, I can understand if a coach actually liked that about him.

I think that David is looking forward to returning if it works out that way. People are assuming that the Texans want him out of here at any cost. Not true.

So who is David working out with this offseason??

The issue isn't whether he's been coddled or not. It is about respected due him for what he had to work with the last five years and the abuse he took for the team and not pointing fingers at anyone. He did receive a lot of punishment over the years that no other QB took in the NFL and what I see here from some of you is a lot of disrespect. It is for this reason I hope Carr leaves for another team.

The issue isn't whether he's been coddled or not. It is about respected due him for what he had to work with the last five years and the abuse he took for the team and not pointing fingers at anyone. He did receive a lot of punishment over the years that no other QB took in the NFL and what I see here from some of you is a lot of disrespect. It is for this reason I hope Carr leaves for another team.

Are you leaving with him? By the way, it's kinda hard to get hurt when you're sacked while in the 'fetal' position.

Respect is something that is earned. Carr's total existence on this team is based upon excuses, not results. Manning, Brady and others will 'stand(not fetal)' in the pocket-knowing they're going to get hit- and still throw the ball before 'crunch' time. When was the last time David did that?

Are you leaving with him? By the way, it's kinda hard to get hurt when you're sacked while in the 'fetal' position.

Respect is something that is earned. Carr's total existence on this team is based upon excuses, not results. Manning, Brady and others will 'stand(not fetal)' in the pocket-knowing they're going to get hit- and still throw the ball before 'crunch' time. When was the last time David did that?
I didn't see him in fetal position but took it like a man but I think you are blinded by so much hatred for the man as are quite a few of you.Oh Vince where have you gone Vince! The bums didn't pick him. It's all Carr's fault. Let's get the lynch mob now!By the way if Carr leaves I'll be back!

Back