Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Do you think Watson will accept a trade to the Jets?

Do you think Watson will accept a trade to the Jets?

• Total voters
If Watson plays hardball with the no-trade-clause, then the Texans play hard ball by making him sit the season out.
Watson may be able to throw a tantrum in an attempt to get traded, but he does not get the power to dictate what team he gets to play for.

Caserio to Watson: You either let us trade you team XXX, or you remain a Texan, on the field or on the bench, doesn't matter. It's your decision, take it or leave it.

Thank you for saying exactly what I was going to say except you said it better.

Even if Watson comes back and NC can suspend him, it's going to be distraction galore and more losses.

Oh boy give it a rest 76. Lol you want the Texans to fail miserably in this situation don’t ya. Bump the fact that dude just signed a mega contract 6 months ago. Bump the fact that no other franchise quarterback ever done this crap after receiving a mega contract 6 months ago. Well 8 months ago. Bump the fact that this will not be good for the NFL if the Texans allow Watson and his agent to F all over them like that.

I said it earlier, and I’ll stand firm with limited inside information to stand on, but as this is my career field...

Mulugheta did (Contract Extension with NTC and guaranteed pay day for his client) and is (current stand-off) playing on the Texans apparent dysfunction to maximize his clients’ (multiple clients and potential clients are watching) position and his position.

If Watson was with an old guard agent, (Mahomes has Steinberg with Cabbott as the lead), this wouldn’t be happening. Mulugheta is making a play as the star agent of star quarterbacks to compete with the old guard. He already has Watson. He recently inked Fields.

I know this because my old firm did the same thing with our star player coming out of the Super Bowl demanding he be paid like an elite player at his position. He was eventually overpaid(I didn’t say that then), they regretted it, but potential future clients were intrigued by our boldness and that an agent would take the arrows publicly for the player.

The new wave of agents (which if I don’t go team side I will be one) cut their teeth watching the Rosenhaus’ and Boras’ of the world. If you don’t have a strong moral compass, or you don’t value long term connections and business relationships, this cutthroat mentality can accrue short wins, but the owners and the league always win the long game. There is a reason certain agents stay around for 30-40 years (my goal) and other’s flame out in 5-10 or less. Owner’s sentiment and if they feel like dealing with that agent’s shenanigans. Drew Rosenhaus doesn’t have the clout he did 15 years ago. Owner’s decided that. Players realized it eventually. Now he only gets headaches and problem clients. He makes his money, but with a cost he incurred from being an asshole for two decades.

I'm guessing your example QB is Flacco

I'd like to see how they stomach losing hundred of millions dollars.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. :)

Does this sound like a guy who can tell Watson to go sack grocery or suspend him?

NC was literally begging Watson to come back.
Definitely per the McNairs' instruction.

You have a very weird definition of begging.

I'd like to see how they stomach losing hundred of millions dollars.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. :)
Nor mine.

I say the McNairs, Easterby AND Watson can all go fornicate with a stale corn cob.

But Im sure the money they lose, will be far less painful than the money Watson will lose.

How about this:

What useless drivel, author is giving his opinion and trying to pass it off as facts. He also is to busy kissing the QBs backsides which most in the media are. He’s completely ignoring the real facts of the situation and even of his examples.

Fact: Palmer did not force a trade, he “retired” and Bengals still controlled his contract. They drafted Dalton who led them to 6-2 and then they realized they didn’t need Palmer and Dalton was better so at that point they went ahead and traded him because they had their QB of the future. So at that point the 1st and 2nd that might have become a 1st were gravy for them.

Fact: Neither Manning or Elway had signed a contract. They were going to be drafted and they didn’t want to play for the teams that would draft them. All they had to do was not declare for the draft.

Fact: The new CBA is designed in part to stop this very thing. Watson can’t wait out his contract if the Texans don’t trade him.

You want a real example go look at Trent Williams. He said that the Redskins had to trade him. Skins no we are not trading you right now. Guess what, they didn’t trade him till they were ready.

Did you listen to what NC said?
And be sure to listen carefully.

They have a plan and vision for him.
How are they going to accomplish that by sitting him?

Yeah I listened and what I heard was a very smart business man saying all the right things. Of course they have a plan and vision for him and how do you know that plan and vision isn’t he plays or he loses money. That’s a very sound plan and vision.

Oh boy give it a rest 76. Lol you want the Texans to fail miserably in this situation don’t ya. Bump the fact that dude just signed a mega contract 6 months ago. Bump the fact that no other franchise quarterback ever done this crap after receiving a mega contract 6 months ago. Well 8 months ago. Bump the fact that this will not be good for the NFL if the Texans allow Watson and his agent to F all over them like that.
QB power play isn't anything new.

Like I said, it's better to end it in a win-win situation.

There are several places that Watson can be traded to that makes sense for both sides.

What useless drivel, author is giving his opinion and trying to pass it off as facts. He also is to busy kissing the bs backsides which most in the media are. He’s completely ignoring the real facts of the situation and even of his examples.

Fact: Palmer did not force a trade, he “retired” and Bengals still controlled his contract. They drafted Dalton who led them to 6-2 and then they realized they didn’t need Palmer and Dalton was better so at that point they went ahead and traded him because they had their QB of the future. So at that point the 1st and 2nd that might have become a 1st were gravy for them.

Fact: Neither Manning or Elway had signed a contract. They were going to be drafted and they didn’t want to play for the teams that would draft them. All they had to do was not declare for the draft.

Fact: The new CBA is designed in part to stop this very thing. Watson can’t wait out his contract if the Texans don’t trade him.

You want a real example go look at Trent Williams. He said that the Redskins had to trade him. Skins no we are not trading you right now. Guess what, they didn’t trade him till they were ready.
Regardless, Palmer got his wishes.

Eli did get drafted by the Chargers. He forced them from keeping him.

The then Redskins were tattered as an offensive line without anybody to replace Trent Williams the year he held out.
They could have gotten more for him if they had traded him that year.

Yeah I listened and what I heard was a very smart business man saying all the right things. Of course they have a plan and vision for him and how do you know that plan and vision isn’t he plays or he loses money. That’s a very sound plan and vision.
So you were the one writing his speech? :)

Regardless, Palmer got his wishes.

Eli did get drafted by the Chargers. He forced them from keeping him.

The then Redskins were tattered as an offensive line without anybody to replace Trent Williams the year he held out.
They could have gotten more for him if they had traded him that year.

Palmer got his wishes when the Bengals were ready and if they had never been ready his football career would have been over.

Eli got drafted but there was already a plan in place to trade him and again the key difference is he hadn’t signed a contract. Not sure why you keep ignoring that part.

Skin’s line was tattered the year before with Williams. His sitting out didn’t suddenly turn a brick wall into a paper one at worst it turned a cardboard wall into a regular paper one.

So you were the one writing his speech? :)

See it’s pointless and meaning less statements like that why I have trouble taking you seriously. You post your interpretation as though it is gospel truth, things like he was begging, yet when someone posts something else you “counter” with a statement to the affect of they weren’t there therefore they can’t know. Even though you have no more say or knowledge of this than anyone else.

:potkettle:

Palmer got his wishes when the Bengals were ready and if they had never been ready his football career would have been over.
If they had never been ready, the FO would have taken the fall, big time.
Palmer still got his wish no matter how you slice ít.

Eli got drafted but there was already a plan in place to trade him and again the key difference is he hadn’t signed a contract. Not sure why you keep ignoring that part.
When a player declares for a draft, he's supposed to play for any team that draft him.

Skin’s line was tattered the year before with Williams. His sitting out didn’t suddenly turn a brick wall into a paper one at worst it turned a cardboard wall into a regular paper one.
The Skins were rated 12th entering the season.

They had a slew of injuries and ended up 19th.

When Trent sat out, the Skins did not have as many injuries and they ended up 29th.

The Skins were rated 12th entering the season.

They had a slew of injuries and ended up 19th.

When Trent sat out, the Skins did not have as many injuries and they ended up 29th.

They were ranked 13th without Williams.

“The Redskins’ offensive line was operating without its best player all season, as Trent Williams sat out, but the group still managed to finish among the top half of the league in our rankings, led by Brandon Scherff before his season-ending injury. Scherff was a force to be reckoned with in the run game this season. His 76.3 run-blocking grade ranked fifth among all qualifying guards.”

“The Redskins’ offensive line was operating without its best player all season, as Trent Williams sat out, but the group still managed to finish among the top half of the league in our rankings, led by Brandon Scherff before his season-ending injury. Scherff was a force to be reckoned with in the run game this season. His 76.3 run-blocking grade ranked fifth among all qualifying guards.”

My bad
Saw that.

See it’s pointless and meaning less statements like that why I have trouble taking you seriously. You post your interpretation as though it is gospel truth, things like he was begging, yet when someone posts something else you “counter” with a statement to the affect of they weren’t there therefore they can’t know. Even though you have no more say or knowledge of this than anyone else.

:potkettle:
Nope, I only do it to counterpunch.

And my interpretation is closer to actuality.

I remember now.
Donald Penn came it and did a pretty solid job for the Skins. He was a savvy veteran.

With Trent Williams though, that line would have been better. No doubt about it.

xx
Again name one player who signed a mega contract and then wanted to be traded in the same year. Don’t worry, it never happened before.

You know I'm for holding his feet to the proverbial fire and making him honor the contract and the team does hold most of the cards in this fight but ultimately I think he is traded .... its a matter of when and for what.

The game of chicken is getting him to nix the NTC , after that its game on.

They absolutely have to get the godfather deal for him .... 4 #1's and more.

So everyone has their opinion about the possible or not going to happen trade of Watson. Everyone feels they’re right....best way to solve this, have some fun:

A friendly wager of a fun amount...maybe $5 to make your guess. One entry and one entry only as to what you think will happen with Watson. Right party wins pizza money.

We'll just have to wait and see.

His no trade clause isn't leverage at all when He still has 7 seasons left on his contract and the team still has to pay his salary..

Players get no trade clauses to protect them towards the end of their contracts.. not a few months into a blockbuster one. If he or his agent even brought up that no trade clause, I'd laugh maniacally for a good 30 seconds, then hang up the ******* phone, and wait for them to call me back :).. and if they really wanted out, they would.

His no trade clause doesn't mean Jack, because we don't have to trade him.. The ink on his long term contract isn't even dry yet.

Sure, I'd like to see if Cal and Janice have the stomach for it.
Extremely doubtful though.

Really!?.. They stomached Billy (()) and his complete dismantling of their entire Franchise, They're stomaching Rev Easterby against even bigger fan backlash.. even bigger negative media coverage. Have you seen Cal's stomach these days? All he does is eat/digest **** 😁

His no trade clause isn't leverage at all when He still has 7 seasons left on his contract and the team still has to pay his salary..

Players get no trade clauses to protect them towards the end of their contracts.. not a few months into a blockbuster one. If he or his agent even brought up that no trade clause, I'd laugh maniacally for a good 30 seconds, then hang up the ******* phone, and wait for them to call me back :).. and if they really wanted out, they would.

His no trade clause doesn't mean Jack, because we don't have to trade him.. The ink on his long term contract isn't even dry yet.

Watson and his agent don't seem to understand that the purpose of a NTC is to prevent the player from being traded, not to force one

I had been taking the stance against Watson, but after seeing the other side argue.... Id like to say I have been far to hard on this Texans organization and Watson.

I thought this entire team was a dumpster fire, but clearly we are only a QB away from being competitive in 2021.

Im looking forward to preseason now.

I hope we trade Watson for a 4th round pick and we get the best available QB and let them train him up before game one.

We dont need the distraction. Lets do this!.:wild:

:texan:
I also tend to get sarcastic in the early morning...

Back