Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Do any of you feel like you owe Texans an apology?

Bottom line the Texans were determined to win and they did it in spite of their coach. The players have my admiration and sympathy. If Watson played with a broken rib he will have to go on IR. We all knew it would happen sooner or later but why now, in an intradivision game?

Pastorini played a whole season with broken ribs back when the defense got three steps after the ball was released to unload on the QB. Thats when QBs in the NFL had to wear the 3XL size big-boy pants.

I see a Wins column, a Loss column, and a Tie column. I don't see a Close column. So no, that doesn't count.
And that is a real shame, because Bill O'brien's Texans have a fantastic record when it comes to losing close games.

I feel like the script for this season is already written. Texans go on a good run to either make the playoffs or narrowly miss out towards the end of the season, if they do get in get their ads handed to them for not arriving with an OL.

Next season moderate improvement sees them look like a play-off team who may go deep but they still get out coached when it matters.

I'll enjoy the games as they come but I no longer have any expectation with this staff.

90% of people here was rooting for cowgirls lol I am done with fans here. they all want texans to lose 90% of times. this site has some **** fans.
Many here have been fans (and were active in forums) since before HoustonProfootball had come up with our name and a lot of us watched Earl Campbell and the Snake...

Here's an idea... get fukt

TBH, I wouldn't really call myself a die-hard fan anymore. I would prefer the Texans win, but this team no longer excites me like they used to. I used to be super into every game...Yell at the TV...Go to as many games as I could...

Gameday used to be an event. Now, if they win or lose my emotions change very little. In the middle of games I can get up and go do something else if I want to. Hell, I don't even give a second thought to missing kickoff or the entire game altogether anymore. I can detach myself very easily now. That's a good thing actually. The Texans aren't a very good franchise and there's more important things.

TBH, I wouldn't really call myself a die-hard fan anymore. I would prefer the Texans win, but this team no longer excites me like they used to. I used to be super into every game...Yell at the TV...Go to as many games as I could...

Gameday used to be an event. Now, if they win or lose my emotions change very little. In the middle of games I can get up and go do something else if I want to. Hell, I don't even give a second thought to missing kickoff or the entire game altogether anymore. I can detach myself very easily now. That's a good thing actually. The Texans aren't a very good franchise and there's more important things.

Die-hard to apathy... a Texans journey writ large

They count if all you care about are "moral" victories.... but when your team hasn't had two wins in a row since 2016, its kind of unrealistic to expect them to go undefeated the rest of the season.....

It doesnt nullify the problems some fans see with the team.

Sunshine fans saying or even implying they are better fans than the frustrated ones is about as flawed logic as stating forum join dates = a better fan.
I didn't say anything about a "moral victory ". Please don't put words in my mouth.
It is significant also that Texans don't often get blanked or smashed.
I do however think we need a better offensive mind for this team.
31st worst in the redzone is not good enough.

I didn't say anything about a "moral victory ". Please don't put words in my mouth.
Where did I put words in your mouth?

You said "those almost wins to good teams dont count."

I responded to when they count, it's not putting words in your mouth. I put the "" in there because "moral victories" is what holding on to an "almost win to a good team" can be classified as. Nothing more, nothing less.

Where did I put words in your mouth?

You said "those almost wins to good teams dont count."

I responded to when they count, it's not putting words in your mouth. I put the "" in there because "moral victories" is what holding on to an "almost win to a good team" can be classified as. Nothing more, nothing less.
Incorrect.
It can also mean what I qualified my argument with in the second sentence thus:- "It is significant also that Texans don't often get blanked or smashed."
You backpedalled when you asked "Where did I put words in your mouth?" because you acknowledged you wrote it and attempted to make excuses for it with the "I put the "" in there because "moral victories" is what holding on to an "almost win to a good team" can be classified as. Nothing more, nothing less." excuse.:uprights:

Incorrect.
It can also mean what I qualified my argument with in the second sentence thus:- "It is significant also that Texans don't often get blanked or smashed."
You backpedalled when you asked "Where did I put words in your mouth?" because you acknowledged you wrote it and attempted to make excuses for it with the "I put the "" in there because "moral victories" is what holding on to an "almost win to a good team" can be classified as. Nothing more, nothing less." excuse.:uprights:
Believe what you want.

Why is it significant that they dont get smashed often?

Losing close games is still losing and losing should be unacceptable at this point in franchise history.

# Loser mentality

LOL... we always waited till we got to the truck stop (can't remember the name) a bit further north

Remember what a pain in the ass in was driving up there before they got 59 all finished? Or driving up there during the construction? At least Livingston is easy to get through now, but that construction killed a good truck stop south of Livingston, but now they've got one on the north side. The Texas Cafe is closed now though, I used to get some great hamburgers there on the way back to Houston.

Remember what a pain in the ass in was driving up there before they got 59 all finished? Or driving up there during the construction? At least Livingston is easy to get through now, but that construction killed a good truck stop south of Livingston, but now they've got one on the north side. The Texas Cafe is closed now though, I used to get some great hamburgers there on the way back to Houston.

Haven't driven up there in years... it was still a split hi-way last time I was that way... and yeah, Texas Cafe had great burgers

Losing close games is still losing and losing should be unacceptable at this point in franchise history.

# Loser mentality
Means they are competitive.
Would be a sad state of affairs indeed if they were not.

On a positive note, It looks like Justin Reid and Keke Coutee will be NFL material.
& I'm still high on Davenport. He may be a yeoman type... never standing out, requiring assistance from time to time, especially with the premier pass rushers.

But I think he'll fill in fine, where we don't have to reach to fill a need.

Or maybe he has a Delorean with a flux capacitor....

Marty is trying to warn us that Bill will still be here...!!!!

:choke:

Reactions: JB
Nope , no apology from me , they are still what they are a sub .500 team.

They should get to .500 against the Bills …. but after that , I could see them losing 6 straight before beating the Dolts again.

The OL and secondary are just terrible position groups …. as good as they are in the front 7 and their WR group , those two position groups just make consistent winning difficult to impossible.

They finish between 7-9 / 5-11.

# Loser mentality
& I'm still high on Davenport. He may be a yeoman type... never standing out, requiring assistance from time to time, especially with the premier pass rushers.

But I think he'll fill in fine, where we don't have to reach to fill a need.
Rankin also looks like he may work out as well and I am very excited at Ejiofors work so far.

Rankin also looks like he may work out as well and I am very excited at Ejiofors work so far.

Who cares, losing is for losers.

This draft class is one that should add much needed depth. No superstars in this class.

copycat

you didn't get my point at all
Haven't you heard, t's a copycat league
:D

And you're asking if the whole idea of the thread is a joke.
(I'm gonna roll with 'yes')
but I couldn't resist the opening you provided for a pot-shot.
:)

Reactions: JB
Brett Kollmann‏@BrettKollmann
The Texans are leading the Chiefs in total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, and red zone trips per game....but they are scoring 12 fewer points per game and have literally the 31st ranked red zone offense. One team is 5-0, the other is 2-3. The difference is the red zone.

5:16 PM - 9 Oct 2018

Interesting. Without Ried's creative offense, O'Briens offense is leading in all categories except points (& wins... the ones that really count)

With a crappy OL & talentless RBs.

Why hasn't O'Brien used Thomas (6'-6") in Red Zone formations more often?

He has been out there, a long with Akins some. They haven't gotten the separation down there from the DBs, and I don't think Watson fully trust either of them in jump ball situations yet to just throw it up to them. Also both of them have missed some key blocks in the redzone, so they aren't out there as often as a lot would like to see because down in the redzone you have to be able to trust players will execute and they haven't so far.

He has been out there, a long with Akins some. They haven't gotten the separation down there from the DBs, and I don't think Watson fully trust either of them in jump ball situations yet to just throw it up to them. Also both of them have missed some key blocks in the redzone, so they aren't out there as often as a lot would like to see because down in the redzone you have to be able to trust players will execute and they haven't so far.

Gotta coach them up and Watson has to find the big fella. 6'6 270lbs. Throw up a jump ball man.

:pop:lol @ this thread. . .

Puff your chest out, Superior Fan. Look at yourself in the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

Yeah, that's some Stuart Smalley stuff right there, and that's how this entire BS comes across.

I don't "owe" Houston Texans, Inc. a damn thing. And neither do any of you!

I don't even want to count the funds that I've sunk into this franchise over the years. It would depress the hell out of me. In the end, realize that all we are to this organization are CUSTOMERS.

So go offer your whiny apologies to Kroger, HEB, Exxon, McDonalds, and whatever else your entitled sense of delusion feels has harmed with your bad thoughts.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to man up and do my job, take care of my family, and keep this product exactly where it should be: ENTERTAINMENT.

Waving your pompoms harder than the next guy does not make you superior to anyone.
:bubbles:

Blocking continues to be a weak point for all of our TEs so far.

Blocking continues to be a weak point for all of our TEs so far.

Yea, Griffin will never improve in this area he just isn't big enough or strong enough to be a capable blocker. Akins maybe one day will be decent at it, although his forte is more in the receiving game. Thomas I think given time will be a good blocker, he has the size and strength just looks lost at times currently. Is to be expected considering he never had to block in college, and in his last year was made a receiver due to the injuries Miss St. had

Meanwhile, I'll continue to man up and do my job, take care of my family, and keep this product exactly where it should be: ENTERTAINMENT.

Waving your pompoms harder than the next guy does not make you superior to anyone.

I agree with everything in your post. Except, when I wave my pompons, they're much more effective than anyone else's! :D

s-l300.jpg

Puff your chest out, Superior Fan. Look at yourself in the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

Yeah, that's some Stuart Smalley stuff right there, and that's how this entire BS comes across.

I don't "owe" Houston Texans, Inc. a damn thing. And neither do any of you!

I don't even want to count the funds that I've sunk into this franchise over the years. It would depress the hell out of me. In the end, realize that all we are to this organization are CUSTOMERS.

So go offer your whiny apologies to Kroger, HEB, Exxon, McDonalds, and whatever else your entitled sense of delusion feels has harmed with your bad thoughts.

giphy.gif

Back