Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Deshaun Watson - Out for the Year - Torn ACL

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I can't help but wonder if he'll ever be the same. Mobility was a big part of his game. Now we have to just hope that he might be ready for the 2018 season, but will not take part in OTAs, training camp, or preseason games.

This sucks so freakin' much.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
I can't help but wonder if he'll ever be the same. Mobility was a big part of his game. Now we have to just hope that he might be ready for the 2018 season, but will not take part in OTAs, training camp, or preseason games.

This sucks so freakin' much.
What you have seen is post-ACL.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
THIS RIGHT HERE. THIS IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A HOUSTON SPORTS FAN.

The football gods, hateful sacks of monkey **** that they are cannot tolerate even a complete 24 hours of happiness in Houston. The Astros bring joy to the entire region and so along come the football gods and their minions the Houston Texans to **** up our lives with not just an untimely, unfortunate injury. No that would be sad but something the team could work around. No, first the team has to trade the one decent offensive lineman they have and the only thing that might have made it even a little bit possible to protect the statue that we have backing up "The Flash" for even a couple of seconds.

This season is over. Next season is cast in all kinds of doubt. Sounds like business as usual for this team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I looked it up, and his college ACL tear was listed as a grade 3. Link

I don't see how that's even possible. I've never heard of anyone playing on a complete tear. Unless it was a misdiagnosis.
Phillip Rivers tore his ACL against the Colts in the playoffs and played the next week against the Pats.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
THIS RIGHT HERE. THIS IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A HOUSTON SPORTS FAN.

The football gods, hateful sacks of monkey **** that they are cannot tolerate even a complete 24 hours of happiness in Houston. The Astros bring joy to the entire region and so along come the football gods and their minions the Houston Texans to **** up our lives with not just an untimely, unfortunate injury. No that would be sad but something the team could work around. No, first the team has to trade the one decent offensive lineman they have and the only thing that might have made it even a little bit possible to protect the statue that we have backing up "The Flash" for even a couple of seconds.

This season is over. Next season is cast in all kinds of doubt. Sounds like business as usual for this team.
This is another case of drafting players or signing players with injury histories. Sometimes Ricky gets away with it (Ellington) sometimes he doesn't. (DW)

Dakota

Ticketbooth Attendant
This is how opportunity windows get shut, and get shut quickly. Injuries have completely wasted another year and if we don’t do something major in FA this offseason, we will be in rebuild mode soon - on one side of the ball or the other.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
I guess we just can’t have nice things anymore, can we? :(

Can’t go 24 hours before something bad happens.

Reactions: ROO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Life of a Houston sports fan, ain't it? :brickwall:

At least nothing can take away that World Series Championship!. . .not even spiteful a-hole football gods.
It's not the football gods.

World Series Champions Houston Astros, built the right way and built to have a 4-5 yrs run. God how I like typing that.

nut

Veteran
Bullcrap, drafting Deshaun was the right thing to do. That guy was the best QB as a rookie in history. He'll be back but until he is, we are screwed. McGloin & Savage are not starter material and the defense isn't what it was with all those guys out. Back to the same ole' shytt. The stadium ain't gonna be no fun Sunday no matter what we grill out there.

ung14

Waterboy
Let's just hope this is his one and only season ending injury...if it has to happen this is the season for it to happen in.

Let's look at the positives:

The draft picks will be better.
They will have close to 50 million in cap space assuming they cut Cushing and restructure some other guys.
Merci and Watt will be back and KJo should be better.
Guys coming back quicker from torn acls. There is a chance he is ready week 1.

So yeah it sucks now but the future is not lost.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Truth hurts,

Luckily I don't care, I'm still basking in the glow of a team that was built the right way and just won the World Series.

Go Astros
Not the truth at all.

ACL injuries are a hazard for all players.

Dude has been lighting it up.

Props to “whoever” got this guy drafted.

Cerberus

Hall of Fame
Let's just hope this is his one and only season ending injury...if it has to happen this is the season for it to happen in.

Let's look at the positives:

The draft picks will be better.
They will have close to 50 million in cap space assuming they cut Cushing and restructure some other guys.
Merci and Watt will be back and KJo should be better.
Guys coming back quicker from torn acls. There is a chance he is ready week 1.

So yeah it sucks now but the future is not lost.
Problem is it usually takes the next season to mentally overcome the injury. It is the same thing I warned Raider fans about with Carr, and now this year they are sitting around wondering what happened to Carr.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texian said Watson wasn't very talented and would never be better than average. That truth?

Hope you didn't get whiplash going back to your Texans hating ways.
I didn't know Texian said that. He still may be right if DW cant stay healthy. I'm not hating, Ricky has a history of drafting previously injured players? No

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's not the football gods.
Oh, but it is all connected. They were mad at us for running the Oilers out of town, and mad at Bud Adams for blocking the NFL from starting a Cowboys franchise in Houston in 1960.

Maybe Watt's and Watson's sacrifices this season will appease them for awhile. Both went down with non-contact injuries. That has nothing to do with McNair, Smith, or O'Brien.

That is some kind of weird juju going on. :voodoo:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Dabo said this kid was Jordanesque. Well MJ broke a bone in his foot very early in his career that sidelined him for just about that entire year. Obviously we know what he went on to do.

Also ACL injuries aren’t as feared as they used to be. Guys tend to bounce back pretty well. I’m confident he can come back and be as good as he was before.

And as bad of news as this is for us year, it’s sort of a blessing in disguise for us as fans. We no longer have to worry about this kid getting killed behind a subpar line. We can hit the off-season with that question answered that we’ve been trying to get answered for 3-4 years about whose gonna be our qb. We’ll hit FA hard to get him some protection upfront.

nut

Veteran

Dabo said this kid was Jordanesque. Well MJ broke a bone in his foot very early in his career that sidelined him for just about that entire year. Obviously we know what he went on to do.

Also ACL injuries aren’t as feared as they used to be. Guys tend to bounce back pretty well. I’m confident he can come back and be as good as he was before.

And as bad of news as this is for us year, it’s sort of a blessing in disguise for us as fans. We no longer have to worry about this kid getting killed behind a subpar line. We can hit the off-season with that question answered that we’ve been trying to get answered for 3-4 years about whose gonna be our qb. We’ll hit FA hard to get him some protection upfront.
I agree. Additionally, Watson will be studying defenses all year if what he did preparing this year is any indication.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not the truth at all.

ACL injuries are a hazard for all players.

Dude has been lighting it up.

Props to “whoever” got this guy drafted.
If you like drafting players with previous ACL injuries and spending two 1st rd picks on them, then you are more of a gambler than I am. To each their own.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
That's heartbreaking news for 2017. I was really starting to like the kid. Can't wait to see what 2018 has in store.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Just seen this headline and haven't read the thread, but at least we won the World Series. CnnnD and myself were two which warned about his history of injury and expressed our concerns, but's it's no pleasure to be right. It was exciting football while it lasted. First indications are that I was wrong about Savage, so we're in a real pickle. McGloine? With our defensive backs a real hole in our defense, the season doesn't look good. The Browns just hit pay dirt. I'm going to read the thread now and hope I can find something positive.

nut

Veteran
Just seen this headline and haven't read the thread, but at least we won the World Series. CnnnD and myself were two which warned about his history of injury and expressed our concerns, but's it's no pleasure to be right. It was exciting football while it lasted. First indications are that I was wrong about Savage, so we're in a real pickle. McGloine? With our defensive backs a real hole in our defense, the season doesn't look good. The Browns just hit pay dirt. I'm going to read the thread now and hope I can find something positive.
Are you saying you were the great prognosticator and we should never have got him? Does that mean you figure he's done for good or what?