Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Derrick Blaylock

BATexan37

Practice Squad
Anyone think about signing this guy in the offseason... A young man who knows how to run the football he has learned many things running behind preist and I think is ready for a starting NOD... We don't need to DRAFT a running back sign Blaylock he is a very talented back who doesn't get to show it what u think>?

Blaylock behind Kansas City's O-line is a good running back, but behind our O-line he will probably have his career ended.

I have to disagree with u on that one.. Yes blaylock is a better back behind KC's MASSIVE O-line...Our O-line is bad but they are not terrible. Our backs are young they can't read holes that well they don't knw things he knows he's a patient runner and when he gets open ground he turns the afterburner on he learned from preist and I think we can get him for a bargain. We have this offseason to make our O-line better wich I am sure we will I think he is a RISK that will pay off BIG if we take it, if we get him and he can run the ball consistenly then that opens so many more things wich means more time for Offense to work and more time for D to rest.

We have no rushing attack and every team we play knows it.. Last year DOM DAVIS had a great season but now that the o-line has a new blocking scheme he seems to have problems finding the holes and hitting them hard. David Carr throws 35-40 times a GAME.. Ben Roth a rookie QB who has won his first 7 games he started throws 15-20 yes I know he has better WR's he has a better O-Line but they are EVEN they run they throw they do trick plays they balance everything out WE ARN'T EVEN CLOSE TO DOING THAT.. We have so many issues that people are just trying to over look. We are a great football team but we are ONE Dimensonal and everyone knows it. We need a good solid runner but we also need other things, We have a good set of draft picks coming up and if we can get a VERY GOOD RB in free agency and save the picks for another position DO IT.

If we don't draft a RB early next season, I think we might go after LaMont Jordan. We tried trading for him last year.

I think it has more to do with KC's OLine than Blaylock himself. No disrespect to him, because I'm sure he's a quality back. However, every back would look better behind KC's OLine.

Back