Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dear Desahun Watson.

ubecool454

Veteran
Dear Deshuan Watson, do yourself a favor and do not resign with the Texans for a long term deal. As long as Bill Obrien is your coach you will always be a also ran. Your coach thinks he is the smartest guy in the room but I talked to his first and 6th grade teacher and they both said he flunked in math and he couldn't spell and had a foul mouth. They said they expected the best job for him would be washing cars or working at the circus as a clown. Deshaun he looks like Curly from the 3 Stooges, so you shouldn't take him serious. Deshaun you are used to winning big games and your coach is used to blowing them. Now with all that said...let's fake another punt...this time from the Texans own five yard line.

I’m confused, I thought this was the Texans forums to talk about the Texans team and things related to it. When did it become the Deshaun Watson fans site?

I always thought when you supported and were a fan of a team you wanted to see that team get and have the best but apparently around here it means you want players to leave and make the team worse.

Hey Deshaun, show disloyalty and be shamed upon by your nfl peers lol Ob sucks but Dw will turn him into a hof coach once they’re defense is up to par. One of the reasons he’s sticking around & telling the owner. Give him a top 10 defense like his college days (mahomes & jackson have top 10). You seen how far dw has gotten with a bottom 5 defense.lol

I’m confused, I thought this was the Texans forums to talk about the Texans team and things related to it. When did it become the Deshaun Watson fans site?

I always thought when you supported and were a fan of a team you wanted to see that team get and have the best but apparently around here it means you want players to leave and make the team worse.
So I wish you the best with this moronic coach?

Last edited:
Reactions: ROO
Hey Deshaun, show disloyalty and be shamed upon by your nfl peers lol Ob sucks but Dw will turn him into a hof coach once they’re defense is up to par. One of the reasons he’s sticking around & telling the owner. Give him a top 10 defense like his college days (mahomes & jackson have top 10). You seen how far dw has gotten with a bottom 5 defense.lol
You are right but trading away a guy like Clowney for a bag of chips is not going to get a top 10 defense. No pass rush all year. My prediction on this clowns next move...I predict DJ Reader will not be back

Dear Deshuan Watson, do yourself a favor and do not resign with the Texans for a long term deal. As long as Bill Obrien is your coach you will always be a also ran. Your coach thinks he is the smartest guy in the room but I talked to his first and 6th grade teacher and they both said he flunked in math and he couldn't spell and had a foul mouth. They said they expected the best job for him would be washing cars or working at the circus as a clown. Deshaun he looks like Curly from the 3 Stooges, so you shouldn't take him serious. Deshaun you are used to winning big games and your coach is used to blowing them. Now with all that said...let's fake another punt...this time from the Texans own five yard line.
The message from this post is valid, but overall is just very inane. The sarcasm about talking to his teachers, 3 Stooges and working as a circus clown make it hard to take this post seriously.

Dear Deshaun-

How are you? I am fine. Hope the team wakes up and finds you a top OL and OB relinquishes play-calling or his OC hat to someone who is inventive enough to take advantage of your talents. I would let Cal know that 2020 is the season this mess either gets better or you will be moving on to any team other than the OB led Texans.

Regards,
Opto

"Dear Deshaun, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, **** it, what's been up? Man how's your momma?
My girlfriend's pregnant , I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'm a call her?
I'ma name her Bonnie
I read about your Uncle Ronnie too I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some ***** who didn't want him
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground **** that you did with Skam
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures man
I like the **** you did with Rawkus too, that **** was fat
Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Rico"

So you have the best with this moronic coach?

See and again you miss the point entirely, I may not be happy with the job Ob is doing but I am a Texan fan first and a player fan second. I want Watson, Hop, Watt and all the rest to win a ring but I want them to do it as a Texan. I don't want them to win it with another team because that means another team won the SB. When a player moves on from the Texans I only follow them in regards to how it will affect the Texans. The way I look at it is whether its us paying Watson 35+ a year or the Pats or any other team it all spends the same and our money is just as good as anyone else's.

There also seems to be this weird idea on here that players want to win more than anything, no that only applies to Tom Brady. The rest of them want to be paid more than anything else. You want proof then why didn't Rogers go to the GB office and say "Hey guys lets cut my salary in half this year so you have extra cap space to get me a better defense and receivers" or why is Detroit stuck in QB hell with Stanford? Why do they say you only have the rookie window to really make a run because once you have to pay the QB its almost impossible unless the pieces are already in place? Its because this is ultimately a job to these guys and just like any other job the biggest question is how much are you going to pay me. and for how long.

A big part of the Pats dynasty is because Brady played below market value and then took the rest in bonuses on years when it wouldn't hurt their cap. When Watson or any other player does that then I'll agree that winning is the most important thing to them.

See and again you miss the point entirely, I may not be happy with the job Ob is doing but I am a Texan fan first and a player fan second. I want Watson, Hop, Watt and all the rest to win a ring but I want them to do it as a Texan. I don't want them to win it with another team because that means another team won the SB. When a player moves on from the Texans I only follow them in regards to how it will affect the Texans. The way I look at it is whether its us paying Watson 35+ a year or the Pats or any other team it all spends the same and our money is just as good as anyone else's.

There also seems to be this weird idea on here that players want to win more than anything, no that only applies to Tom Brady. The rest of them want to be paid more than anything else. You want proof then why didn't Rogers go to the GB office and say "Hey guys lets cut my salary in half this year so you have extra cap space to get me a better defense and receivers" or why is Detroit stuck in QB hell with Stanford? Why do they say you only have the rookie window to really make a run because once you have to pay the QB its almost impossible unless the pieces are already in place? Its because this is ultimately a job to these guys and just like any other job the biggest question is how much are you going to pay me. and for how long.

A big part of the Pats dynasty is because Brady played below market value and then took the rest in bonuses on years when it wouldn't hurt their cap. When Watson or any other player does that then I'll agree that winning is the most important thing to them.
Sorry maverick. My fingers were going faster than my thoughts. Edited.

They're losing reader. No first round pick. Probably not gonna do much in free agency.

The defense is gonna suck for a long time, just like the offense has since Obrien got here

well if anything we dont have to pay DW4 has much has Jackson and Mahomes … thats just facts

due to play on the field butttt i wonder outta thoes 3 has the brightest future ..???

lol....you all are way off. The only reason Watson is viewed as highly as he is by some is because of O'Brien. Watson has his own issues and limitations he'd have to overcome wherever he might be. He only puts up the numbers he does in Houston because of the college mentality O'Brien has, like he's trying to win Watson the Heisman. I don't think i've ever seen an NFL coach call the QBs number as much inside the 5 yard line as O'Brien does Watson. How many cheap 3 yard passing TDs or 2 yard qb keeper TDs did Watson have this year? More than anyone in the league, I reckon. Any other coach with half a brain would be giving it to a rb in those scenarios. Not Bill though. Gotta inflate his qb's numbers.

lol....you all are way off. The only reason Watson is viewed as highly as he is by some is because of O'Brien. Watson has his own issues and limitations he'd have to overcome wherever he might be. He only puts up the numbers he does in Houston because of the college mentality O'Brien has, like he's trying to win Watson the Heisman. I don't think i've ever seen an NFL coach call the QBs number as much inside the 5 yard line as O'Brien does Watson. How many cheap 3 yard passing TDs or 2 yard qb keeper TDs did Watson have this year? More than anyone in the league, I reckon. Any other coach with half a brain would be giving it to a rb in those scenarios. Not Bill though. Gotta inflate his qb's numbers.

That you think that OB is calling all those tells us all we need to know

You are right but trading away a guy like Clowney for a bag of chips is not going to get a top 10 defense. No pass rush all year. My prediction on this clowns next move...I predict DJ Reader will not be back

Clowney had 3 sacks

BTW, I want Reader back, but if they decide to spend Reader's $$$$ on a pass rusher I'm ok with that.

Dear Deshaun,

RUN!!!!

Sincerely,

Any Hope You Have of an NFL Championship

Yep, asking him to play like Mahomes certainly didn't work. I hope BOB runs an offense exactly like Harbaugh did last yr with LJ. Let the chips fall where they may. Give the fans what they want, if DW4 gets hurt like RGIII did, then you just move on.

well if anything we dont have to pay DW4 has much has Jackson and Mahomes … thats just facts

due to play on the field butttt i wonder outta thoes 3 has the brightest future ..???

Mahomes, no doubt about it.

2 yrs starting

yr 1 = AFCCG, yr 2 = SB apperance

End thread

F'ing delete.

Deshaun says screw this I'm outta here it would embarrass the organization publicly and McNair maybe finally fires OB.

The OP might actually be on to something.

At least we can watch Deshaun possibly thrive somewhere he has a chance and the Texans can finally get new management/coaching. I'd take the trade off.

To be fair to Watson and O”Brien. Over the years, I can recall Peyton Manning throwing many TD passes inside the five yard line. How about Brady and his QB sneaks?

In fact, one of the criticisms of Andy Reid is he would abandon the run in the red zone and too often go pass heavy or call some cute play.

I think if you look at NFL history, QBs scoring “cheap” TDs is very common. At the end of the day, the objective of the offense is to score points. Preferably TDs. It shouldn’t matter how or who scores the TD.

Yep, asking him to play like Mahomes certainly didn't work. I hope BOB runs an offense exactly like Harbaugh did last yr with LJ. Let the chips fall where they may. Give the fans what they want, if DW4 gets hurt like RGIII did, then you just move on.

As the PFF article zshawn10 posted in another thread mentioned, Watson has some things to clean up in his game (as do most young QBs not named Mahomes).

My question is if O'Brien is the right coach to teach him how to improve his QB's flaws (which I figure your question is if this QB can even learn to overcome them).

But, these two are currently joined at the seam, so as Deshaun goes, so goes O'Brien. I doubt O'Brien has the flexibility to adapt another style of offensive scheme, so I expect more of the same as advised by the owner this week.

LOL, run where? You could say the exact same thing for more than half of the young QBs in the league. All the good teams worth playing for already have a good QB.

Well, there is more than one way to interpret my sincere advice to Mr. Deshaun Watson. :thinking:

I might have missed it, but I don't recall seeing any fans wanting O'Brien to run the Ravens' offense. Reid implemented some of the concepts from Texas Tech offense for Mahomes. O'Brien doing the same with Clemson's short passing game to get the ball out of Watson's hands is not the Ravens' offense.

As the PFF article zshawn10 posted in another thread mentioned, Watson has some things to clean up in his game (as do most young QBs not named Mahomes).

My question is if O'Brien is the right coach to teach him how to improve his QB's flaws (which I figure your question is if this QB can even learn to overcome them).

But, these two are currently joined at the seam, so as Deshaun goes, so goes O'Brien. I doubt O'Brien has the flexibility to adapt another style of offensive scheme, so I expect more of the same as advised by the owner this week.

Well, there is more than one way to interpret my sincere advice to Mr. Deshaun Watson. :thinking:

I agree that OB hasn’t, and most likely won’t but I remain hopeful, adopted a more Clemson style system to better utilize Watson. That’s on OB and nobody but OB.

However here is what is really concerning me about Watson. It’s not OB that is working with him on a daily bases to improve, that job falls to Carol Smith who is widely regarded as one of the best QB coaches in the league today. He’s credited with helping Wilson get to the next level and be the QB he is today and there isn’t to much difference between Watson’s style and Wilson’s.

So what if Smith can’t help Watson get to that next level? Is that still on OB, and Smith, or does it mean we should take a hard look at Watson? In a perfect world we would see what Watson can do under another coach and system before we hand him a blank check, sadly that won’t happen.

I’m hoping it is very much a work in progress and we did see improvement in Watson this year. Last year if he was blitzed he never saw it coming and went into scramble mode. This year he made defenses pay for it when they blitzed him.

Hoping this off season they work on knowing when to go for the big play and knowing when to take 5 yards and just move the chains.

I agree that OB hasn’t, and most likely won’t but I remain hopeful, adopted a more Clemson style system to better utilize Watson. That’s on OB and nobody but OB.

However here is what is really concerning me about Watson. It’s not OB that is working with him on a daily bases to improve, that job falls to Carol Smith who is widely regarded as one of the best QB coaches in the league today. He’s credited with helping Wilson get to the next level and be the QB he is today and there isn’t to much difference between Watson’s style and Wilson’s.

So what if Smith can’t help Watson get to that next level? Is that still on OB, and Smith, or does it mean we should take a hard look at Watson? In a perfect world we would see what Watson can do under another coach and system before we hand him a blank check, sadly that won’t happen.

I’m hoping it is very much a work in progress and we did see improvement in Watson this year. Last year if he was blitzed he never saw it coming and went into scramble mode. This year he made defenses pay for it when they blitzed him.

Hoping this off season they work on knowing when to go for the big play and knowing when to take 5 yards and just move the chains.
There's a difference in the efficacies of different teams' blitzes. Every team blitzes several times during a game. But certain teams' specialty is the blitz........they use it well and often. That's where a QB's real test lies.

Ravens film study: Texans QB Deshaun Watson never got going vs. an aggressive, organized pass rush
https://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-jonas-shaffer-20141007-staff.html
By JONAS SHAFFER
BALTIMORE SUN |
NOV 20, 2019 | 5:00 AM

Back