Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Davis Mills - statistical breakdown.

I don't think any of us who used to consider Mills the answer will be offended at all.
I'm definitely not offended.

But, I think it begs the question, "what was Mills the answer for?"

I didn't want him to be drafted at all. Not him in particular, but a QB with the pick we used did not make sense to me. I watched him play, & liked what I saw. For me, he became our Bridge QB. You know we could have gone out & got a Nick Foles, Blane Gabbert, Case Keenum to be a place holder, but you draft a young kid & who knows, could be the next Brock Purdy.

Basically a guy that won't hold back the development of the team while you look for your Franchise QB.

Drafting a QB at that time was a stupid idea.

The Niners had a system, a RB and a great supporting cast; including a menacing defense.
(Similar to the Pats some years ago).
That's when the team can afford to draft a QB in a higher round.

These guys weren't supposed to come in so that the coaches can evaluate the other guys.

Mills (not his fault) was a stupid idea by Nick Caserio.
It was beyond dumb.
It made no sense at all.

Hey my boy is doing a magnificent job at holding onto that clipboard. That-A-Boy Mills. He’s been very consistent with that. Lol hey I’m just kidding!

Last edited:
Drafting a QB at that time was a stupid idea.

The Niners had a system, a RB and a great supporting cast; including a menacing defense.
(Similar to the Pats some years ago).
That's when the team can afford to draft a QB in a higher round.

These guys weren't supposed to come in so that the coaches can evaluate the other guys.

Mills (not his fault) was a stupid idea by Nick Caserio.
It was beyond dumb.
It made no sense at all.
I think what was dumb is just giving him the starting job without any competition. I was for Mills but when I kept seeing him over throw his receivers a lot, especially when they were open I knew we had to look elsewhere for a quarterback.

I'm sorry but Mills is just bad. No matter what the perceived chances, coaching, talent around him. You're fooling yourself if you feel Mills will ever be more than a backup. Please leave this alone. No excuses, but all excuses accepted for a 3rd sting QB. And if I have to read more about a s2 test, I'm done with this MB.

I mean, can we talk real football? Leave the personal mess at home. I use to love this MB, talking the game. Now it's about what college they went to, what agency they signed with, what they do off field? We fans not owners or coaches, who tf are we to judge? Step back and get back to the player not the man. Finally Texans are exciting again, but most on here mess up a wet dream with your downer options. Let it tf go. He gone, and playing soft af

So I found this interesting article. You've probably already read it, but, I just wanted to go over it again.

Inside the S2 Cognition test that’s transforming how NFL teams evaluate draft prospects
Within the past seven years, many of them have turned specifically to the S2 Cognition test to gain that understanding.

“Things are happening at speeds that are very different than what you do in everyday interactions,” S2 Cognition co-founder Scott Wylie told The Athletic.

The S2 test gained mainstream attention this offseason when The Athletic uncovered quarterback Brock Purdy’s results prior to the 2022 draft and how they could have been a predictor for his success with the 49ers.

One more thing, who did he get benched for? And oh, one of the best contested catches, but now he has a real QB? What's he doing

I'm sorry but Mills is just bad. No matter what the perceived chances, coaching, talent around him. You're fooling yourself if you feel Mills will ever be more than a backup. Please leave this alone. No excuses, but all excuses accepted for a 3rd sting QB. And if I have to read more about a s2 test, I'm done with this MB.
I mean, can we talk real football? Leave the personal mess at home. I use to love this MB, talking the game. Now it's about what college they went to, what agency they signed with, what they do off field? We fans not owners or coaches, who tf are we to judge? Step back and get back to the player not the man. Finally Texans are exciting again, but most on here mess up a wet dream with your downer options. Let it tf go. He gone, and playing soft af
Smh this s2 still. Can we please dead that
Ok, seems like the low s2 score is figuring out how to move in the pocket.
OMG. Please stop. S2 still? Obsessed
See ya! Never knew ya and won't miss ya

Last edited:
Y’all remember me?
1361192265.0.jpg

Back