Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

David or Joey?

Sudds

Practice Squad
And to think that only 3 years ago this was contemplated by our brass. Thank goodness we have Carr...the man seems to be getting better and better with each game. Not only are his numbers getting better, but the kid finally knows how to win the games at the end. We are an offinsive lineman away from doing some real damage. Great job Texans, from day one. :thumbup

And to think that this is a "expansion" team. Things will only get better as time goes on. I have more faith in this tteam now than I ever did with that other Houston team.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
I will take Carr over Harrington every time. It was a good choice. :thumbup

By the way...... Carr is better :hehe:

Ditto. I think Harrington is going to be a fine NFL quarterback if he gets some consistency in his offensive system up there (which they seem to be doing with Mariucci after the BoBo who was coaching them) but I don't doubt for a moment that we've got the better of the two. Same with AJ versus Charles Rogers. We got the better pick both times IMO.

I know it's just one game and not a fair comparison. But who said anything about fair.

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac Rate

Herrington
VS. GB 1 23 12 52.2 101 4.39 28 1 1 4 33.3 2 1 60.2

Carr
VS. TEN 1 26 16 61.5 266 10.23 47 1 1 14 87.5 6 2 92.8

:cool:

I dont think you could have made a wrong decision faced with the choice of David Carr or Joey Harrington . They are both good Qb's and both good leaders . Who's better ? Ask me again in ten years cause right now they both play for teams who have yet to make the play-offs .

corrosion said:
I dont think you could have made a wrong decision faced with the choice of David Carr or Joey Harrington . They are both good Qb's and both good leaders . Who's better ? Ask me again in ten years cause right now they both play for teams who have yet to make the play-offs .

I have seen both QB's in person and in my opinion Carr has the stronger arm and has a better deep ball. In the "O" the Texan's runs....I'll take Carr.

Bill's/TexanFan said:
I have seen both QB's in person and in my opinion Carr has the stronger arm and has a better deep ball. In the "O" the Texan's runs....I'll take Carr.

No Question Carr has the stronger arm and more accurate . Although Joey is a bit more elusive moving around in traffic . I do agree tho that in the Texans system DC is better suited than Joey would be.

Haven't we already had this type of thread before?

and didn't we pretty much decide on Carr the first time?

Joey is good, but Carr is on his way to be the man. And he has a shot at 4000 yards this year. While Joey isn't even over a thousand yards after six games. So why are we wasting time on this topic? If anything it should be what was Detroit thinking when they passed on AJ?

I don't think Harrington will be a bust, but Carr to me looks like a leader. I think he has more ability and talent. Hopefully he continues to progress. I'm happy with the pick. Now as for AJ. Jackpot-BIGTIME!!!!!!!

I have had full confidence in Carr as our leader ever since our first game! 19-10 over those Cowboys, what a game!

He has showed tremendous leadership and will to win from the get-go, and even after 77 sacks the first season, he NEVER got down on his team or griped about any of it.

Dude is a stud, and he is going to take us to the Promised Land! :)

V Man said:
Haven't we already had this type of thread before?

and didn't we pretty much decide on Carr the first time?

Joey is good, but Carr is on his way to be the man. And he has a shot at 4000 yards this year. While Joey isn't even over a thousand yards after six games. So why are we wasting time on this topic? If anything it should be what was Detroit thinking when they passed on AJ?

You could be right about it being discussed before but you seem to forget that not every poster sees every subject posted on this board. As far as wasting time on a topic.....that's an interesting way of stating it. What I try to do is skip over subjects I'm not interested in. Perhaps you should try it....it works for me.

Bill's/TexanFan said:
You could be right about it being discussed before but you seem to forget that not every poster sees every subject posted on this board. As far as wasting time on a topic.....that's an interesting way of stating it. What I try to do is skip over subjects I'm not interested in. Perhaps you should try it....it works for me.

Well said :thumbup

chicagotexan said:
I don't think Harrington will be a bust, but Carr to me looks like a leader. I think he has more ability and talent. Hopefully he continues to progress. I'm happy with the pick. Now as for AJ. Jackpot-BIGTIME!!!!!!!

I think it's fair to say that so far, AJ is the best player to come out of that entire draft.

RTP2110 said:
I think it's fair to say that so far, AJ is the best player to come out of that entire draft.

RTP2110......Which draft are you speaking of? Keep in mind, Carr & Harrington came out of the 2002 draft and AJ came out of the 2003 draft. It's too bad that WR Charles Rogers of the Lions can't stay healthy. It would be very interesting to see if he could show why the Lions selected him ahead of AJ in the draft. I'll say this....if he's better than AJ then he must be some WR!

Bill's/TexanFan said:
RTP2110......Which draft are you speaking of? Keep in mind, Carr & Harrington came out of the 2002 draft and AJ came out of the 2003 draft. It's too bad that WR Charles Rogers of the Lions can't stay healthy. It would be very interesting to see if he could show why the Lions selected him ahead of AJ in the draft. I'll say this....if he's better than AJ then he must be some WR!

Well maybe thats why AJ is better because he is not injury prone like Rogers is !!! He just needs to drink more milk idonno:

Bill's/TexanFan said:

I was referring to the 03 draft. I was respodng to chicagotexan who put, ''Now as for AJ. Jackpot-BIGTIME!!!!!!!''

Here's a better argument, Carr vs. McNair....

Question to ponder: If you could choose one of the two starting quarterbacks in the Houston-Tennessee game, which one would you take? Not as easy a choice as it was eight months ago, is it? Houston's David Carr continues to grow as a passer, throwing 266 yards and a touchdown. Tennessee's Steve McNair was picked off four times by the Texans and looked lost for much of the day as the Titans lost for the third time at home this year, falling to 2-4 and last place in the AFC South. The Texans are 3-3 and will not be a pushover for anybody this year. Heck of a job by offensive coordinator Chris Palmer to get his group playing well. With Carr more comfortable, the offense will put up big numbers in the passing game.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7805317/3

And here's a little Joey update...

Most unusual quote of the day might have come from Detroit quarterback Joey Harrington. Asked about being booed in the Lions loss to Green Bay, he said: "Do I think it's right? No. Can I change it? No." Well, maybe Harrington could change things if he had a better day than the one he posted Sunday, completing just 12 of 23 passes for a measly 101 yards

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1903989

Back