Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Daniel Jeremiah 2022 NFL mock draft 1.0

Some different choices here.

Two CBs going before Stingley
Jameson Williams dropping to Chiefs
6 OTs, including 2 from mid major schools
5 members of the national champs defense
Wouldn't be disappointed with Hamilton - closest thing to plug and play in this draft.

The OL I want will be there in the 2nd Rd .

I was just listening to LZ podcast and he suggested switching places with the NYG in the 1st 1

1-3 and Tunsil for 1-5 and 2-36

Wold you do this Deal?

Nah. He's only 27 and with a revamped line, he could be reinvigorated.
Besides you would only have to use that pick to replace him and with an unknown quantity.

I'm with you on this.

Although I'm sure some would love the cap space.

I would think about 2-36 and a 4th plus a 2023 2nd. But probably wouldn't do that deal either.

Besides you would only have to use that pick to replace him and with an unknown quantity.
Not really. Geron, Howard, & Heck are fine for where this team is. None of them made it difficult for Davis to do his job.

Also, trading Tunsil away may allow them to keep Cannon as well. I wouldn’t, I’d go with the young guys.

Some different choices here.

Two CBs going before Stingley
Jameson Williams dropping to Chiefs
6 OTs, including 2 from mid major schools
5 members of the national champs defense
My thoughts when I read that earlier was 1 it would be great if Panthers would trade up to guarantee a quarterback for our number three and 2 wish I can get 5 and 7 for Watson!

Cap space would be the main issue - so a real tempting trade offer might make it happen.
I disagree on the cap space although it would be nice, I am more focused on the trade package we could get for Tunsil. I don't get why a two-time pro bowler at the prime Blindside cannot get you more than just around 1. That's why I am banging the table for a trade to dolphins who not only need him but have plenty of cap space to absorb his contract. They also have trade bait. A late 26ish plus their round 2 would be minimum.

Not really. Geron, Howard, & Heck are fine for where this team is. None of them made it difficult for Davis to do his job.

Also, trading Tunsil away may allow them to keep Cannon as well. I wouldn’t, I’d go with the young guys.
That is exactly my point of view! As much as we all want to see the line improved, I think Nick Caserio will leave it alone except maybe for another Cannon type player. For cannon's $5 m cap space you can get another fa and maybe a corner or safety.

Rushing for 3.0 yds per carry made it more difficult for Mills to do his job.

I could see Caserio going into the season with an OL like this

Tunsil/Taylor/Britt/Draft pick/Heck. (God I hope not) Maybe Caserio runs with 2 new OG's and Tunsil/Heck at OT. I just hope he makes an investment in the OL.

Yeah and they could also use the cap/roster space to bring in a cheaper dude I suppose.
Still, I prefer to keep any talent we have - we can ill afford to lose it when we're trying to improve it right?

Last edited:
Yeah and they could also use the cap/roster space to bring in a cheaper dude I suppose.
Still, I prefer to keep any talent we have - we can ill afford to lose it when we're trying to improve it right?
Cost:effectiveness ratio for me

Somewhere, before any legit mock draft transpires, at least have the new hires/coaches in place.

just about slotting prospects into groupings from which may be pulled, later date that fit scheme/system employed.

but go ahead don’t let me stop anyone, simulate away:spit:

Love the Hamilton pick though.

Not sure what’s happening with Reid but if he’s going to be here long term that is an excellent and versatile safety pairing for several years.
Don't know why, but I get the feeling Reid thinks more of himself than others do. Like Clowney, I don't think he's going to get the offers he's looking for.

I love Hamilton, he's #2 on my board.

1. Neal
2. Hamilton

I see Hamilton in the Ronnie Lott mode.

He can cover like a CB and hits like LB.

Hamilton is scheme diverse and covers for the mistakes of others around him. Exactly what you need if picking a non QB in the top 3.

I think of how Polamalu affected offensive gameplans. Hamilton can ruin game plans but he is in a bigger stronger possibly faster package than Polamalu. We’ll see if he runs faster than Polamalu’s 4.33 40 and jumps higher than his 43.5 vertical.

That is exactly my point of view! As much as we all want to see the line improved, I think Nick Caserio will leave it alone except maybe for another Cannon type player. For cannon's $5 m cap space you can get another fa and maybe a corner or safety.
If Texans want to be a serious threat to win this division again, they need to upgrade their ground game - they were very much one dimensional having to rely on rookie Mills' arm too much.
A functional ground game will make our offense 2 dimensional again and has the added benefit of taking some pressure off the QB when faced with teams with a good pass rush - something most teams have these days.
We know Mills can throw the ball, now we need the ability to run it and be a true dual threat offense which will stop defenses getting comfortable against us.

Hamilton is scheme diverse and covers for the mistakes of others around him. Exactly what you need if picking a non QB in the top 3.

I think of how Polamalu affected offensive gameplans. Hamilton can ruin game plans but he is in a bigger stronger possibly faster package than Polamalu. We’ll see if he runs faster than Polamalu’s 4.33 40 and jumps higher than his 43.5 vertical.

Yep, I dont see Hamilton as just a S. He's a fail safe type guy. You need somebody to play single high, he can do it with the best. You need a blitzer, send him and his 4.4 speed at 220 LBS and that's a weapon. Need somebody to shutdown Kelce he's your guy and he will knock your bleep in the dirt if you're a WR coming across the middle. The only thing I haven't seen him do is cover a WR 1 on 1 and that's probably because Kelly/Freeman didn't ask him to do it.

If Texans want to be a serious threat to win this division again, they need to upgrade their ground game - they were very much one dimensional having to rely on rookie Mills' arm too much.
I rewatched the first three possessions of the SF game. For the most part the OL was playing on SF's side of the LOS. one play Taylor (who hadn't played much) got beat pretty bad resulting in a TFL.

On another play the Texans lined up with two tackles (Christian & Heck) on the left, Pharoah Brown lined up as the RT. They zone stretch it to the right (which doesn't make sense as it was 3rd & 1 and we had two tackles on the left .. I bet it was Mills call at the line to go right). Anyway, Pharoah Brown just doesn’t block the guy on the end, advancing too early to the 2nd level. The unblocked edge gets a TFL.

But all the runs were ZBS. Our OL played on their side of the LOS & I'm talking Christian, Taylor, Britt, Scharping/McCray, & Heck against Bosa & Armstead. A better RB would have been more productive on those first three drives. Ingram would have at least moved the chains.

I rewatched the first three possessions of the SF game. For the most part the OL was playing on SF's side of the LOS. one play Taylor (who hadn't played much) got beat pretty bad resulting in a TFL.

On another play the Texans lined up with two tackles (Christian & Heck) on the left, Pharoah Brown lined up as the RT. They zone stretch it to the right (which doesn't make sense as it was 3rd & 1 and we had two tackles on the left .. I bet it was Mills call at the line to go right). Anyway, Pharoah Brown just doesn’t block the guy on the end, advancing too early to the 2nd level. The unblocked edge gets a TFL.

But all the runs were ZBS. Our OL played on their side of the LOS & I'm talking Christian, Taylor, Britt, Scharping/McCray, & Heck against Bosa & Armstead. A better RB would have been more productive on those first three drives. Ingram would have at least moved the chains.
Did Burkhead play in that game?
I love me some Rex but he will be 32 next season and in his 10th season. Durable as hell, but old for a back and likely his last season.
It would be nice to bring in a young bull to learn from him and add a one-two punch out of the backfield.

A functional ground game will make our offense 2 dimensional again and has the added benefit of taking some pressure off the QB when faced with teams with a good pass rush - something most teams have these days.
We know Mills can throw the ball, now we need the ability to run it and be a true dual threat offense which will stop defenses getting comfortable against us.
Yep and good RBs will be available in rounds 3 & 4.

Know what made Troy special? His instincts. It was his size or speed, it was his natural key and diagnose along with his gut.

I’m liking Breece Hall (Iowa State) and Rachaad White (Arizona State) in RD3. Both of these guys can take the rock between the tackles and outside the tackles. Both can block and be effective receivers out of the backfield.

Just take a pic and post . Are you rated players vertically as well as horizontally?

Not gonna happen

I will start a new thread.

Vertically as well as horizontally? I'm not going to draw up up big board. But I will give you my top 64 players.

At 6'4, Kyle would be one tall a$$ safety

That’s why “generational” type of player is being thrown around. His speed is also talked about. 6-4 @ 220 lbs….anyone want to speculate what the buzz could elevate to if he pops a high 4.3-40 or low 4.4-40 at the Combine or his Pro Day?

I like what I saw from Sincere McCormick when I got to see him play. I think he'll be available in the 5th round or later. Tyler Badie is another one I like that can probably be had in the 4th. Pierce will probably move up after the Shrine game, but he still should be around in the 4th or later.

Some WR's I like later are Jarreth Sterns, Charleston Rambo, Danny Gray, and Calvin Austin III. I also like Josh Johnson from Tulsa, but I think he can be had as an UDFA.

A TE I'd like to take a flyer on is SMU TE Grant Calcaterra. He has a history of concussions, so I would have to wait until the 6th or so for him, but if he can stay healthy, he could be a serious threat.

Back