Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Could we lose Demeco Ryan to the University of Alabama Head Coaching Job?

Guys were throwing every name with any ties to Saban out as a candidate for the job yesterday. I'd be shocked if Alabama even called DeMeco, much less hired him.

Edit: Dman, memory is going. Completely whiffed thinking DeMeco played for Saban. Getting old is starting to suck

Last edited:
Most college HCs are trying to break into the NFL. So why would he leave an NFL HC job, which so far he has had great success at, for a college one? I know we as a fan base are use to every good thing being followed by 3 bad things and yes at some point we will lose coaches and players especially if we have success but that doesn't mean we are doomed from the word go.

Most college HCs are trying to break into the NFL. So why would he leave an NFL HC job, which so far he has had great success at, for a college one? I know we as a fan base are use to every good thing being followed by 3 bad things and yes at some point we will lose coaches and players especially if we have success but that doesn't mean we are doomed from the word go.
Because taking the Bama job would represent going home for Ryans and his family.

Maintaining let alone building upon Nick Saban's history will be extremely difficult. But then taking a 10 [+]win to SB may be harder than 3 Ws to where we are now.
I do not see him leaving.

Could we lose Demeco Ryan to the University of Alabama Head Coaching Job?

No.

Paul Finebaum = Colin Cowturd = Jason La Confora = Adam Schefter = Pancakes McClain = Jim Rome = Ian Rappaport=

The college game has changed so much the last few years as far as retaining players and recruiting new ones. To me the NFL seems more attractive for a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right. The game is changing fast. Going out and recruiting high school kids is not enough anymore. Now you've got to recruit portal guys and recruit players on your own team to stay.

I know the big schools will throw the money around, and there will be coaches who will take it, but an NFL gig does seem less of a headache. At least for now.

Paul Finebaum = Colin Cowturd = Jason La Confora = Adam Schefter = Pancakes McClain = Jim Rome = Ian Rappaport= (insert taking head name here)
I don't want to argue but I would not put McClain in that list. Not because he knows what he is talking about but because he paid his dues. He came up in the era where sport reporters traveled to the games & watched in person. The rest of those guys never leave their environmentally controlled studio & watch the games on their big screen TVs in slow motion.

Granted McClain should have just retired years ago & has hung on too long but he has probably seen more live football than all the others combined with the possible exception of Finebaum.

"I couldn't be prouder of what we accomplished together, and I will always cherish the relationships I built there. Being the head coach of the Houston Texans is my dream job and my family is thrilled to be back in H-Town."

I doubt he leaves. People typically don't leave their dream job.

I don't want to argue but I would not put McClain in that list. Not because he knows what he is talking about but because he paid his dues. He came up in the era where sport reporters traveled to the games & watched in person. The rest of those guys never leave their environmentally controlled studio & watch the games on their big screen TVs in slow motion.

Granted McClain should have just retired years ago & has hung on too long but he has probably seen more live football than all the others combined with the possible exception of Finebaum.
I'm not giving Pancakes a pass, he became a caricature. He would rather be in movies than report on football.

With the Commanders hiring former 49ers assistant GM, Adam Peters as their new GM and Titans GM Ron Carthon being the former 49ers director of pro personnel. I think the odds that Slowik leaves the Texans is far greater than DeMeco leaving for Alabama.

Washington's Kalen DeBoer, who guided the Huskies to a Pac-12 championship and a spot in the College Football Playoff National Championship game this past season, is negotiating a contract to replace Alabama's Nick Saban, sources told ESPN on Friday.

And yet he still sucks. He should have left to tenn w/ the oilers left. Thats where his hearts at and that where his team resides.

Back