Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cougars to the Big 12

At what point will schools realize that chasing money isn’t always the best plan? Winning nothing nor competing for anything will eventually erode a fan base and their enrollments.

The BIG12 could become a highly competitive conference simply b/c 1, 2, or 3 schools won’t be able to horse the talent.

If I were Norte Dame why would I want to join the SEC, BIG10, or ACC? Everyone of the top dogs in those conferences have routinely crushed us on the field of play. As for the BIG12….Norte Dame could be a win-win for both parties. One, their membership probably keeps the BIG12 relevant as a top tier conference along with the SEC, ACC, BIG10, and PAC12.

Only difference, Norte Dame has a dang good chance of being the Alabama of the conference and gives them a strong entrance into Texas.

From a money standpoint, does ND really need the BIG12? Hail no!!! But how many Championships do you get to hang as an Independent? That would be zero unless they win it all. So all money and nothing else….seems sort of empty.

Notre Dame has a media rights deal in place that says that if the Irish actually decide to join a conference at any point before the 2036 season it has to be the ACC..

Nah.
Oklahoma had 14 championships, more than the rest combined.

Alabama is nowhere near that dominant.

lol, no one from the 40’s when Bud Wilkerson & co is even alive to even know OU was ever that dominant. Besides, we can disagree…but Alabama has been in the championship game or at least the CF Playoff every year for the last 10 years since Saban touched down in Tuscaloosa…6 titles in that time frame and it’s looking like this year will be a 7th. No other SEC or school in the nation for that matter comes close to that in the modern era…not Miami in the 80’s, Nebraska/FSU in the 90’s or Penn State in the 80’s 90’s. This isn’t even counting their own storied history.

Adding a few more dwarfs to the pile isn’t purporting to change Bama’s continued dominance. Just b/c OU is a little taller dwarf than all the others doesn’t change the fact that they’re still dwarfs in relation to the juggernaut that Bama is right now.

Last edited:
Nah.
Oklahoma had 14 championships, more than the rest combined.
Alabama is nowhere near that dominant.
but Alabama has been in the championship game or at least the CF Playoff every year for the last 10 years since Saban touched down in Tuscaloosa…6 titles in that time frame and it’s looking like this year will be a 7th. No other SEC or school in the nation for that matter comes close to that in the modern era
Here ya go of recent since 1996 (Big 12 conference games inception):
Oklahoma has dominated it's conference more than any other school has dominated their conference...Ooooo
Alabama has dominated all of CFB more than any other school...Ahhhh

Yep, along with A&M,

Cougar high, and my wife is a UH grad.

Haters

lol, @ haters….today’s game is why UT is overrated…all that money & hype and then you go in & get boat-raced by a bottom feeder…Better get used to it longhorn fans..this is what it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future in the SEC...getting slapped by OU every year ain’t the only thing you have to worry about anymore.

lol, no one from the 40’s when Bud Wilkerson & co is even alive to even know OU was ever that dominant. Besides, we can disagree…but Alabama has been in the championship game or at least the CF Playoff every year for the last 10 years since Saban touched down in Tuscaloosa…6 titles in that time frame and it’s looking like this year will be a 7th. No other SEC or school in the nation for that matter comes close to that in the modern era…not Miami in the 80’s, Nebraska/FSU in the 90’s or Penn State in the 80’s 90’s. This isn’t even counting their own storied history.

Adding a few more dwarfs to the pile isn’t purporting to change Bama’s continued dominance. Just b/c OU is a little taller dwarf than all the others doesn’t change the fact that they’re still dwarfs in relation to the juggernaut that Bama is right now.
We aren't talking about outside of the conference.

lol, @ haters….today’s game is why UT is overrated…all that money & hype and then you go in & get boat-raced by a bottom feeder…Better get used to it longhorn fans..this is what it’s gonna be for the foreseeable future in the SEC...getting slapped by OU every year ain’t the only thing you have to worry about anymore.

Gotta find a QB.

Card ain't it missed 3 long possible TD throws, Thompson has looked better, but Sark is still looking for his QB.

Hopefully they can do a better job of recruiting in the trenches.

Has nothing to do with one another.

And I ain't no Sooners' fan.

Also, in in modern time, OU still dominates the Big 12.

agreed, but if we’re talking big picture, which I am, you haven’t seen a team as dominant on the national scale as Bama has been over the last 10 years since probably the 80’s hurricanes..& they in comparison don’t even come all that close.

Gotta find a QB.

Card ain't it missed 3 long possible TD throws, Thompson has looked better, but Sark is still looking for his QB.

Hopefully they can do a better job of recruiting in the trenches.

they’ve had their pick of recruits forever & they’ve had o-line issues dating back to the end of Mack’s tenure. That doesn’t purport to change anytime soon…

they’ve had their pick of recruits forever & they’ve had o-line issues dating back to the end of Mack’s tenure. That doesn’t purport to change anytime soon…

Getting Flood in as OC/OL coach is a good start.

BTW, I root for the Coogs.

Getting Flood in as OC/OL coach is a good start.

BTW, I root for the Coogs.

Of course you do…b/c the wife would slap the dog hell outta you if you didn’t lol.

I can respect UT as an academic institution…but that’s where it stops. i root for OU specifically b/c I hate UT that much :). And my best friends are all Longhorns. I’m that guy that would show up with an OU t-shirt on to the red river rivalry party.

It would be a very safe bet that UT successfully becomes the proverbial burnt orange turd in the SEC punch bowl. Texas may have Missouri as the doormat friend in the future SEC West which will feature A&M, LSU, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Miss St, and Arkansas. Sorry, Arkansas got elevated after thumping the the Horns.

Well the Cougars sure made a point in letting CFB know they want the AAC Championship game to be interesting. Coogs win again and are now 10-1. They can get to 11-1 if they take of UConn. If Cincinnati stays unbeaten…..then the meeting with UH will be huge.

Well the Cougars sure made a point in letting CFB know they want the AAC Championship game to be interesting. Coogs win again and are now 10-1. They can get to 11-1 if they take of UConn. If Cincinnati stays unbeaten…..then the meeting with UH will be huge.

CFB wants nothing more than to have the Coogs win so as to take them off the hook of having to include Cincy in the playoff over ND........even tho Cincy beat ND earlier this year.

UT intentionally kept UH out of the Big 12. UH would have never made it in while UT had influence. At least the Coogs will have a shot at the Horns for a little while, until they run off to the SEC to take annual beatdowns from Bama and LSU.
I agree. And this move should really help UH recruiting.
I love it. Hopefully Holgorsen will stay to see this through.

CFB wants nothing more than to have the Coogs win so as to take them off the hook of having to include Cincy in the playoff over ND........even tho Cincy beat ND earlier this year.
Oh absolutely. You can just feel the disgust in every commentator when they discuss CIN and then they speak about ND like they are child molesters going to a weekend Boy Scout retreat.
That’s why CIN beating ND was soooo important.
Still hope HOU can win though.

I think CFB is tanking the Cougars current ranking in the event Cincinnati wins the AAC Championship game…..it’ll make it easier to screw them. This is why I would like to see the Coogs win the AACCG and grab a New Years Day Bowl Game for their efforts. Cincinnati can replace the Coogs at the one of the Military Bowl games.

Coogs going up against Cincinnati, it will be tough but they are capable of winning this one.
UH has had an excellent season. But, I think the veteran Bearcat squad has the edge on both sides of the ball. I wish the Coogs had a tougher 2022 schedule, because they have the young talent to make a Cincinnati type run up the polls. UTSA and Texas Tech are OK, but they won't grab the committee's attention. Having a Big12 schedule can't come soon enough.

UH has had an excellent season. But, I think the veteran Bearcat squad has the edge on both sides of the ball. I wish the Coogs had a tougher 2022 schedule, because they have the young talent to make a Cincinnati type run up the polls. UTSA and Texas Tech are OK, but they won't grab the committee's attention. Having a Big12 schedule can't come soon enough.

I see the Bearcats and Cougars more as equals than one team having the definite edge. Both teams have had their close scraps and absolute blowouts. This game should be a competitive and probably comes down to who wins the turnover battle.

On a side note….I hope Clayton Tune returns for a senior season. I think this young team could have a really strong run in them next season. It would help Tune’s draft status if the Cougars can put another big season in the books and he improves on his stats.

Last edited:
On a side note….I hope Clayton Tune returns for a senior season. I think this young team could have a really strong run in them next season. It would help Tune’s draft status if the Cougars can put another big season in the books and he improves on his stats.
Not sure Tune has much of a draft status. He should return to a team that has a chance for an undefeated season with a vet QB at the helm.

The numbers are pretty even for both teams across the board. This game will probably come down to which offense can generate explosive plays and the turnover battle.

Go Coogs !!

The numbers are pretty even for both teams across the board. This game will probably come down to which offense can generate explosive plays and the turnover battle.

Go Coogs !!

With Marcus Jones returning KO’s and Punts….you may not want to rule out the impact ST’s could have on this game.

MJ may be playing himself into a RD4 selection when you include his 5 INT’s and 1 Receiving TD on his resume.

Well the Coogs had a good season. I can't wait until they join the Big 12 and can play ranked opponents on a more common basis. Will also help recruiting in a big way, I give it 5 seasons until we are once again a national power house. That is one of the reasons we were originally excluded from a power conference, other teams fear our potential recruiting ability.

Go Coogs !!

You nailed it!!! Big plays ruled the evening. Sorry to see the Coogs lose and they’ll get their opportunity to right this wrong in one of the Military Bowls.

Coogs need another big season next year so they can set the recruiting table entering their first season of BIG12 play in 2023.

Back