Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colvin has been released

jshabang

Quality Backup!
Just saw this come across my phone and I’m ECSTATIC!!!! GOOD RIDDANCE..... 2 years and He’s looked horrible both years..... admit the mistake and move on

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Did they save money by carrying him through preseason?

Why now? They must have known he was trash already...

Unless he did something suspect post game.

Mangler

Toro de España
released Aaron Colvin. This team LOL. . Terrible roster management
Not really seeing what the “LOL” is about. Colvin has sucked, cost them Game 1 where Watson transformed into Tom Brady in what should have been the game winning TD. I like the accountability approach they’re going with! Cal ain’t messing around!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mangler

Toro de España
If Cal ain’t messing around why isn’t the OL coach canned? Colvin is terrible, we should all worry about Watson’s health. Bruised bum and all.
I doubt he’s just going to can everyone in one day. Devlin’s day is coming. Believe that! I just hope O’Brien goes with him for keeping him here as long as he did while developing ZERO players! Cal is not Bob! He’s proving to be a no nonsense type of owner! Loving it!

badboy

Hall of Fame
Some quick thoughts grades:
O'Brien made some errors but overall games especially first half was much better than I and the group I was with expected. He gets a b from me but I'm puzzled at link I got today stating how great OC Kelly did. I thought it was obvious who was calling the plays entire game

Special teams overall looks really good grade C+

DC Crennel had a b grade from me at halftime however 3rd quarter Brought that down to an overall grade F.
New acquisition left tackle tunsil really impressed me. I can recall only two negative plays one led to a QB sack the other he stood looking left and right and Blocked no one. Going to give him a optimistic Grade B.

#22 corner Colvin often looked totally lost. Despite his dead money I think he should be cut today. Let's give Lonnie Johnson some snaps with starters.

Combo RBs get A+! (Blocking not included). I want our backs to get yardage, first Downs, TD's and help control clock. Pass blocking is there but that's what we have fullback for.
Duke 9/57 rush and 4/5 targets for 33 yrs. Hyde 10/83 is crazy good. If these two can maintain anywhere close to that we should have a successful offense.
well I got that one correct

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
Not really seeing what the “LOL” is about. Colvin has sucked, cost them Game 1 where Watson transformed into Tom Brady in what should have been the game winning TD. I like the accountability approach they’re going with! Cal ain’t messing around!
Why was he on the final 53 roster? We waived Boddy-Calhoun, who was at least a servicable slot CB to keep Colvin on the roster. After one week, now he's gone?... This is a head coach using the general manager role to sacrifice a scapegoat after losing last night's game. This is not leadership, it is the worst kind of cowardice, and I am now officially an OBrien hater.

Mangler

Toro de España
Why was he on the final 53 roster? We waived Boddy-Calhoun, who was at least a servicable slot CB to keep Colvin on the roster. After one week, now he's gone?... This is a head coach using the general manager role to sacrifice a scapegoat after losing last night's game. This is not leadership, it is the worst kind of cowardice, and I am now officially an OBrien hater.
Can’t say I disagree. O’Brien is not my favorite guy right now. Especially not after that head scratching extension of Nick Martin who isn’t even the best Center on the team. Smh

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
released Aaron Colvin. This team LOL. Clusterfuck. Terrible roster management
Seriously. They couldn't figure this out in the off-season so they have a better shot at replacing him? Or at least try to trade him?

I know he sucks but this is just dumb.

Are they gonna cut everyone who makes a major mistake? So when is OBrien gonna be cut for terrible playcalling and clock management?

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
He did something suspect 2 seconds prior to post game:

https://twitter.com/LandryLocker/status/1171277166669156353?s=20
I blamed Crennel yesterday but every other corner is doing what I thought they should do there. Bite hard on underneath routes.

Poor awareness by Colvin there. Every other corner doing pretty much the same thing leads me to believe it was emphasized pre snap.

Maybe he was tuned out and enjoying the atmosphere.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Can’t say I disagree. O’Brien is not my favorite guy right now. Especially not after that head scratching extension of Nick Martin who isn’t even the best Center on the team. Smh
What about the guy that actually had him playing on his defense?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Of course, he's a rookie project and very raw
So you think a raw rookie with a lot of upside that looked good preseason is a worse choice than a guy that was targeted 9 times, allowed 8 catches of those 9, one for a TD and was literally the only one to screw up the last play costing us the game? I really don’t know what to say to that except you must have zero faith in RAC’s ability to coach a rookie.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Did I SAY it was?

Simmer down. I quoted you for general purposes and because you DID mention Cal. If you look in the Cal thread you'll definitely see them giving him credit for it. I probably shouldve offered my question there anyway.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So you think a raw rookie with a lot of upside that looked good preseason is a worse choice than a guy that was targeted 9 times, allowed 8 catches of those 9, one for a TD and was literally the only one to screw up the last play costing us the game? I really don’t know what to say to that except you must have zero faith in RAC’s ability to coach a rookie.
I think we need a dose of reality on what rookies can do. They almost always suck, even the first round picks.

Read Lonnie's scouting. He has a lot of problems in coverage but was picked because of size and athleticism.

The thought is he can develop over time, not in one training camp.