Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colts vs. Texans, Round 2

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
When the Koolaid drinkers don't show interest in a prediction thread, it's a sure sign they are disgusted with the team that let them down last game. The Ravens game was not a must win affair for the Toros, but this one will be considered to be. The Texans are a 4 point favorite to get revenge. Both teams seem to be riddled with injuries, as is to be expected at this point in the season. Game kicks off at 7:20 pm in Houston and is listed as being carried by both FOX and NFL channels.

I figure this is the 2nd of 3 losses for us in a terrible backstretch, but not to worry. We'll come on strong in the stretch. It should be a 1 possession game. Horse-Asses 21, Texas Tinhorns 17.

When the Koolaid drinkers don't show interest in a prediction thread, it's a sure sign they are disgusted with the team that let them down last game. The Ravens game was not a must win affair for the Toros, but this one will be considered to be. The Texans are a 4 point favorite to get revenge. Both teams seem to be riddled with injuries, as is to be expected at this point in the season. Game kicks off at 7:20 pm in Houston and is listed as being carried by both FOX and NFL channels.

I figure this is the 2nd of 3 losses for us in a terrible backstretch, but not to worry. We'll come on strong in the stretch. It should be a 1 possession game. Horse-Asses 21, Texas Tinhorns 17.
Depends on who comes out on fire

The Colts defense has been playing excellent ball lately. The Colts offense will continue to hammer the ball between the tackles even w/o Mack. I expect a low scoring game, probably boring as hell.

The Colts defense has been playing excellent ball lately. The Colts offense will continue to hammer the ball between the tackles even w/o Mack. I expect a low scoring game, probably boring as hell.
Part of the reason for that is the colts rookies have been balling on defense. Marvell tell had three passes defensed in the last game alone. Not sure how colts running game will fare without mack. Guess it depends on if Williams can repeat his performance. Williams is better at catching football. He is also more of a one cut take off back. Mack is faster, shiftier and more patient, but Williams has some power to his runs. Wilkins likes to dance in back field. Can make people miss.

Playoff game aside, 10 of the last 11 games between these 2 have been 7 points or less. Interesting that if it comes down to a FG or PAT, the 2 worst kickers in the league this year go head to head.

This one is for their playoff lives - literally.

Lose this game and you can forget about the division and you aren't even a wildcard team at the moment. The Bills and Raiders would be the two wildcard teams and the Texans could be tied with both the Steelers and Titans at 6-5.

Win or go home Bill O'Brien.

Anyone else wonder if missing the playoffs would be enough to get OB fired ?

Lose this game and you can forget about the division and you aren't even a wildcard team at the moment. The Bills and Raiders would be the two wildcard teams and the Texans could be tied with both the Steelers and Titans at 6-5.

I really feel like this will be one of those wins that inspires only the easily impressionable fans. A one or two point ugly win that will prompt Vandermeer to say on 610 “but we’ll take it” at the end of the broadcast. Later in the evening BoB will remind everyone listening “first place in the division, Brian”. I’m hoping I’m wrong and the Texans flawlessly execute a brilliant game plan by O’Brien and Rac. But I just don’t think that’s going to happen after what just happened 3 days ago at Baltimore and what happened earlier in the season and twice (almost 3 times) last year to the Colts.

Maybe if they lay another egg but even that’s a stretch. I think he’d have to publicly lose the locker room to be gone this year.

This is most likely game 2 of a 3 game skid. We're extremely weak on the back end due to injuries, and TY is probably back for the Colts. We've never beaten Brisset, their defense is playing lights out, and we're banged up and out gunned at coach. Get ready for a meltdown after this week.

O’Brien doesn’t coach bad this game. We control the game. Jacoby 4 game streak comes to an end. That’s it... Watson re-enters the Mvp conversation tomorrow. We all get excited and get disappointed the following week vs patriots because our head coach isn’t consistent which makes no sense why he still has a job.

There's every opportunity here to see what this team is about. I know last week was the nationally hyped game but this IS actually the important one.

Going into this stretch I wouldve predicted 1-2 vs the ravs, colts, and Pat's. If we can just get that win tomorrow that's all that matters.

Lose it and we're proper f****d.

There shouldn't be a need to motivate this team after what just happened. If they dont come ready to play with hair on fire then we're just not a good team. I want to see them pissed off as we are. I want to see them manhandle the line of scrimmage. I want to see them beat the hell out of their bully.

If they come out flat again and piss it away, I know all I need to about the character of this team. And this season is lost.

Tomorrow is the Alamo. Get your muskets ready and hold them close.

Thanks brother. I've been crazy busy this week. Been having to take classes and renew a certification.
I'm finished with it though. A 3 day class. Fun.

I’m going to get my balls snipped right now. So these guys better get a victory tonight. Win one for me!
Good excuse to have your feet up, a cold ice pack down low, and your special friend bringing you food and beer for the game! Take it easy tomorrow even if you feel good, I overdid it and got swoll

Hopefully I'll remember to turn the TV on for the game tonight. I'm in the midst of reading several scifi novels by John Varley, which are far more exciting than the Texans.

This is a must-win. I could care less about the Ravens game if they can pull off this win.

I'm neutral in the Fire BOB debate. But if they lose today, then it's really hard for me to believe this team can be successful behind a BOB coached team.

Texans will win the game tonight with a masterful performance by Deshaun Watson. The score will be 31-28. Vinatieri will miss two 20 yard chip shot FG's at the end of the game that would have tied it up. Big Game BOb will lose his Denny's menu with all his plays on it and will be unable to call the game. Watson and D-Hop will call the plays using sign language while in an uptempo, no-huddle offense and we will emerge victorious.

#Texans HC Bill O’Brien to me on instructions to Deshaun Watson: "Make good, quick decisions and don’t hold the ball. Just get back to playing good disciplined football, which he’s done for 90 percent of the seasons _ he’s got to get back to that.’’
— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) November 21, 2019

Correction: Former Bucs first-round pick Vernon Hargreaves makes his #Texans debut tonight in a compromised secondary. Texans have ruled out Justin Reid, Lonnie Johnson Jr. Mike Adams. Bradley Roby, Tashaun Gipson are questionable.

T-Y Hilton had a full practice yesterday, and he’s expected to play _ the #Colts hopeful that offsets the loss of leading rusher Marlon Mack. Hilton has four career 100-yard games in Houston _ seven TD receptions, four more than any other WR in a any visiting stadium since 2012.

Texans WR Will Fuller is officially listed as questionable, but HC Bill O’Brien told me he’s playing against the #Colts. He’s missed three games with a hamstring injury. He’s been hugely successful with Deshaun Watson opposite DeAndre Hopkins.

T-Y Hilton had a full practice yesterday, and he’s expected to play _ the #Colts hopeful that offsets the loss of leading rusher Marlon Mack. Hilton has four career 100-yard games in Houston _ seven TD receptions, four more than any other WR in a any visiting stadium since 2012.
Not debating that Hilton is expected to play, but it is not well-based after a "FULL" practice that was a walk-through.........that could be ill-advised.................as would with Fuller with a week of "Limited" practices, walk-through practices.

Not debating that Hilton is expected to play, but it is not well-based after a "FULL" practice that was a walk-through.........that could be ill-advised.................as would with Fuller with a week of "Limited" practices, walk-through practices.
Fuller shouldn’t be in Houston much longer. Let him play hurt. Even when healthy he’s bound to get injured.

Anyone see the LBers dressed up like who knows what? How about you put that much thought into tackling someone!

Man, this Texans secondary is in shambles. Let’s hope OB and the Texans bring the offense that dropped 50 on the Dirty Birds

Highly doubt it. They gave him too much power, so they will give him a little more leeway.

The Texans seem to be pulling out out all the stops..............Jordan Thomas has just been activated off of IR.
This is an important game for the Texans and possibly a more important game for the HC. I’d like to say the GM is safe since he’s given up so much to get the HC the guys he wanted and got rid of guys the HC didn’t want, but...

Back