Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colts vs. Texans, Round 2

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Was Watson crazy, or just out of his mind, fumbling the ball in that situation? Was Billy crazy, or just stupid, calling TO and giving the refs time to review the fumble?

Anyway, we're a game ahead of our time line.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Was Watson crazy, or just out of his mind, fumbling the ball in that situation? Was Billy crazy, or just stupid, calling TO and giving the refs time to review the fumble?

Anyway, we're a game ahead of our time line.
Obviously, Watson needs to understand to protect the ball is 1st priority there. But glad it happened with zero consequences. Learning experience for next time.

1.) I appreciate this win.
2.) Maybe we just ran into a buzz saw last week.
3.) Heart dropped when OB called timeout there at the end.
4.) Our OL got their asses whipped most of this game. Hyde had no lanes to run through 99% of the times.
I thought our OL pass blocked well enough. The Colts defense placed an emphasis on minimizing the impact of our running game. For the most part it worked but there were a few big runs when we needed them most. Yes I would have felt better if we had more success in every aspect of our offense and defense but we were solid against a quality team in the Colts in a game both teams knew was more important than most regular season games.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Lol your better than this

Jacoby brisset in a knee brace
Hilton no business out there.
No Mack.

Invite me to your superbowl party.

We can talk about how awesome OB is
Our secondary for most of the season, Watt, and Fuller before tonight.

So yeah.. no one is going to be healthy in a matchup this time of the year.

With this year's Texans, sorry, but it's hard to use a injury excuse.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I thought our OL pass blocked well enough. The Colts defense placed an emphasis on minimizing the impact of our running game. For the most part it worked but there were a few big runs when we needed them most. Yes I would have felt better if we had more success in every aspect of our offense and defense but we were solid against a quality team in the Colts in a game both teams knew was more important than most regular season games.

They better block good when a team only rushes three for 85% of the game. The Colts didn't look at the all out blitz the Ravens ran at us this past Sunday.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Our secondary for most of the season, Watt, and Fuller before tonight.

So yeah.. no one is going to be healthy in a matchup this time of the year.

With this year's Texans, sorry, but it's hard to use a injury excuse.
Yeah, the injuries on colts side should have played into an easy win for texans. But it didnt. Colts are not good. Coaching carried them as far as they could. Texans are 21 pts better than team tonight.

I expect the Texans to whip NE. What you think

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I thought our OL pass blocked well enough.
Eh... I was very disappointed with the OL today. Three man rushes on third down & Watson's pocket was so small. They consistently flushed him out of the pocket with a three man rush.

Then we couldn't run the ball the ball with any consistency. Starting the game with the outside zone... that's not Hyde's game. He's more of a press the line, bounce outside kind of guy.

But a win is a win.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The answer was the ability to make big plays down the field with Watson Hopkins Fuller
Who is the Colts Nickle CB? He must be a badass with world class speed. With Hopkins, Fuller, & Stills on the field, their nickel has got to be scrapping his pants. But we couldn't find that guy.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Who is the Colts Nickle CB? He must be a badass with world class speed. With Hopkins, Fuller, & Stills on the field, their nickel has got to be scrapping his pants. But we couldn't find that guy.
I fan watched it only tonight. How often were the Texans in 3 wides? Thought I saw a ton of multiple TE, but I wasn't looking at the game in a detailed way

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Did you kinda freak out with time out ..

I did lol
I did as well. We had limited time to see all the views. THEY had limited time to see the views. It was ruled our ball so snap the damn thing. Instead ob gave them every opportunity to check those views by calling a timeout. No one knew All of the views were inconclusive when he called the TO imo. He got lucky. It was a jv move.

Reactions: ROO

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Dude that team has what on offense? Backup qb, rb and wrs lol

I'm going to bed

Texans wont see that colts teams again

Should be 2-0 against them
I actually like Brissett and Reich (fear he's a much better coach)

Also fear that they will meet again.. just like last season.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I think Reich is a damn good coach.
I am not arguing against Frank being a good coach, because I agree. However according to this article, he was a large proponent to the Colts losing tonight.

"Frank Reich made a series of mistakes with his play-calling and timeout usage that hurt his team in its most important game of the season"

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I am not arguing against Frank being a good coach, because I agree. However according to this article, he was a large proponent to the Colts losing tonight.

"Frank Reich made a series of mistakes with his play-calling and timeout usage that hurt his team in its most important game of the season"
The short pass and the running game was helping the Colts more. He seemed to get away from that on that series when they went for the long passes.

Eh... I was very disappointed with the OL today. Three man rushes on third down & Watson's pocket was so small. They consistently flushed him out of the pocket with a three man rush.

Then we couldn't run the ball the ball with any consistency. Starting the game with the outside zone... that's not Hyde's game. He's more of a press the line, bounce outside kind of guy.

But a win is a win.
You make a valid point in regards to the Colts not blitzing DW very often but I am sure the Colts had a good reason for that.

I am not going to say either of tonights teams are anywhere near Super Bowl worthy but I will take the win any day. Hopefully Will Fuller stays healthy because our offense can only get better if he stays that way. Blitzing defenses to contend with or no blitzing defenses. The other teams suffering key injuries on defense or not suffering any key injuries. With our team becoming mostly healthy I can see us improve enough to compete against anybody including if we meet up with the Ravens again. The Ravens seemed to have reached their peak or nearly so and they could come back down to earth when we reach our peak. Anyway we got a big win last night and I am happy with it. I am sure the Pats will try to blitz us into oblivion next week so we shall see how our offense handles that.

On a side note some people say that a contributing factor to our win was Colts coach Reich calling a few long passes that failed when his team was moving the ball down the field with the running game and short passes. Had those long passes connected people would be talking about how Reich masterfully set us up and caught us off guard to complete those passes that led to scores that beat us.

All the while we connected on our long passes that led to our win. Also our secondary did a pretty good job last night overall.

Last edited:

PapaL

Loose Screw
Knocked out at half; this team isn't worth staying up late for.
Howard looks like a different player. Is he healthy?
Same old on offense and defense.
Good to see Glass Man making catches.
A win is nice but this team isn't nice.
This franchise has peaked with it's current staff.
Glad I got some sleep in. Go Texans!

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
We've won 5 out of our last 7 and it would take a historical(for us) collapse for us to not make the playoffs at this point.

Hyde is on track to have a top 5 single season rushing performance in franchise history, the best rushing season weve seen for the Texans since Arian Foster 5 years ago

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is an important game for the Texans and possibly a more important game for the HC. I’d like to say the GM is safe since he’s given up so much to get the HC the guys he wanted and got rid of guys the HC didn’t want, but...
Biggest win since BIB has been here

The short pass and the running game was helping the Colts more. He seemed to get away from that on that series when they went for the long passes.
If those long passes connect then how would how would they be perceived

Our secondary is patchwork at best.
I think our secondary did a heck of a job and I am happy with how we stepped up our game.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Spot On