Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Colts preseason game

I hope edge is happy about this.. They didnt give him the money and they needed him so bad, and didnt even know it till now. Payton better turn into a runner from our line.

Dang, Rams are out gaining the Dolts ~3 to 1. I know it's pre-season and all, but that is a bunch.

edo783 said:
Dang, Rams are out gaining the Dolts ~3 to 1. I know it's pre-season and all, but that is a bunch.

This is how bad it is. Ryan Fitzpatrick has more rushing yards and a higher YPC than all of the Colts runningbacks

Dime said:

Actually, I wouldn't expect him to be for a defensive guy. A QB will allways want the offensive weapon. He will get over it along with all the others when Mario plants Manning 3 times a game.

TexansLucky13 said:
Said he was the first Harvard QB to complete a pass in the NFL. Thats great. Yea, he looked good.
Let alone destroy the Texans in the 2nd half of that travesty.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
I'm a huge LSU fan and I will be the first to tell you that Joseph Addai isn't that good. When he was drafted in the first round i was like "what?!"

He had less than 1,000 yards last year. He's just a run of the mill "pretty good" back

I too was somewhat suprised at Addai's draft status. In his defense though, he was hobbled most of last year by an ankle injury that left him at less than full strength for the majority of the year. When he was healthy, he was our (LSU's) most productive back.

He is very much in the mold of other LSU backs, such as, Kevin Faulk, LaBrandon Toefield, Dominick Davis.

If Alley Broussard makes a full recovery from his knee problems, he could lead the SEC in rushing and I would love to see him in a Texan uniform in 2007.

the wonger need food said:
Aikman is a dufus. He'll figure it out soon enough.

Aikman has a much better system for ranking O and D than the total yardage rankings that normally get quoted. While I agree his Bush comments qualify for dufus status he is actually quite astute.

cak, did you read (or hear) this?

Hulk75 said:
So I dont start another Carr thread did you hear what Troy Aikman said about Carr on tonights FOX game, Troy said that he is one of his top 3 guys to have break out years............

Carr, Sims and Ronnie Brown.

Thought us as Texans fans would like to here good things about our QB from a Hall of Fame QB.:shades:

Really I just thought I would let you guys know, I thought it was good.

I would have to say that the Rams rookie DE Victor Adeyanju looked pretty good in that game. Seemed to always be applying pressure.

Carr Bomb said:
If I was a colts fan I would be so frustrated. When the game doesn't matter Peyton knifes straight through defenses, but in the playoffs he plays like crap. I don't understand it. How does a guy put up historic year after historic year during the regular season and then choke year after year.
Payton Manning. The White Warren Moon.

TexansLucky13 said:
Hmm... The Colts better hope that Dominic Rhodes can have a breakout year this year, because he really is their only hope. I think Dungy and crew are finally paying the price for overvalueing their passing attack. Sorgi sure doesn't look too stable, either. They really better hope Manning stays healthy.

The reason that Manning looks so good most of the time but so bad in previously mentioned playoff games has everything to do with the defensive schemes. I have no idea why so many teams continue to play him softly or throw stupid zones at him. The key to beating Manning is pressure and that comes primarily from OLB and DB blitzes. The Colts line is strong but slow and are repeatedly, easily beat around the edge. The Patriots and Steelers have pretty much owned this guy for three years running and there is one glaring commonality; high-pressure 3-4 D.

Now subtract your all-world HB from the picture, and teams will be able to come after Manning even harder.

I for one hope that Kubiak and Smith plan on throwing a lot of calculated blitzes at him.

jerek said:
The Patriots and Steelers have pretty much owned this guy for three years running and there is one glaring commonality; high-pressure 3-4
But the Pats and the Steelers also get a little more latitude from the refs in making contact with the Colts receivers. I've seen the Texans get toasted plenty of times because the DBs whiffed on the intial line bump. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. I'm hoping that the Texans can get a pass rush from the front 4 and allow their secondary to play a little more zone and a little less man press coverage against Indy.

infantrycak said:
Aikman has a much better system for ranking O and D than the total yardage rankings that normally get quoted. While I agree his Bush comments qualify for dufus status he is actually quite astute.

I've seen his little system on foxsports.com. He's also a big fan of Carr and vice versa. But, he is a Cowboy which makes him a dufus by default.

jerek said:
The reason that Manning looks so good most of the time but so bad in previously mentioned playoff games has everything to do with the defensive schemes. I have no idea why so many teams continue to play him softly or throw stupid zones at him. The key to beating Manning is pressure and that comes primarily from OLB and DB blitzes. The Colts line is strong but slow and are repeatedly, easily beat around the edge. The Patriots and Steelers have pretty much owned this guy for three years running and there is one glaring commonality; high-pressure 3-4 D.

Now subtract your all-world HB from the picture, and teams will be able to come after Manning even harder.

I for one hope that Kubiak and Smith plan on throwing a lot of calculated blitzes at him.

I agree with you here. Did you notice the first 2-3 plays the Rams blitzed and it actually seemed to rattle Manning a little bit (hurried). For some reason they went away with the blitze, hence the reason they drove for the TD.:twocents:

Lucky said:
But the Pats and the Steelers also get a little more latitude from the refs in making contact with the Colts receivers. I've seen the Texans get toasted plenty of times because the DBs whiffed on the intial line bump. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. I'm hoping that the Texans can get a pass rush from the front 4 and allow their secondary to play a little more zone and a little less man press coverage against Indy.

True story. I just like the way the Steelers and Pats play D and wish Fangio would have made an attempt to emulate that kind of success last year. We didn't possess near the talent of either team, but I still feel the concept would have been similar.

I wonder if we're going to start getting more respect from the officials this year.

:hunter: I'd put my 6'7" rookie at left DT and bet he can get pressure up the middle . If my rookie can't get him and he rolls to his right ... my 6'7" rookie with a 7' wingspan will make it hard to see . I think by now someone has beat their man and will put Peyton on his butt .

Ragone
7/11 80 yards and an int.. int stinks ..but accuracy was there .. I wish Ragone the best.. people hate on him,but his stats were pretty decent in College esp..junior year

Colts with an onside kick in preseason (opening the game)..not sure what purpose that serves for the Colts.. for the Rams that shows the ST to be prepared..

Colts held to 38 yards rushing .(yes I know preseason) but I hope that is a sign of them having a weak running attack :heh:

Back