Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Clowney question?

MeatBear77

Rookie
Hi

I know he aint a texans any more but u guys have seen him play more then I have so I thought I would ask u because i can't ask on the Seahawks board becuase they banned me 4 calling them Seaquacks.

Anyways I really want Clowney 2 be a bear because we need someone opposite Kahlil MACK to beast and feast on sacks and Clowney was always someone I liked when he got drafted by yous guys.

But
Yesterday he was getting all sorts of kinds of penalties like racking them up like it was his job when u just want to see him kill Rodgers, nope, another penalty

I was like O M F G

he wasn't even getting picked on by Refs he was just a penalty machine

SO
my question?

Was he always like this or was he just really keyed up 4 playing in the playoffs?

Like, was he playing normal or was he looking kinda jacked up on drugs or something?

Please no troll replies even if u are on my ignore list.

I distinctly remember him contributing to losses last season with his idiotic penalties at key moments of the game. There was even a game last year where he taunted an opposing player while WASNT EVEN IN THE GAME during a game-winning (losing?) drive.

Ack, I'm glad he's gone. He was infuriating with his dumb penalties.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They said during the game that he got his 9th offside penalty of the year, so only 1/2 per game on average. Seems like a whole lot less than when he was here.

But he won't be signing with any team with Trubisky at QB (or BOB as coach). Only wants to go to a Super Bowl contender.

This was his contract year and that is what you got. Good luck to team that signs him. That said we should have traded before the draft last year.

Or just let him walk after this year (and get the 3rd round comp pick) since we were "All In"

Clowney is a lot like Spider-man while he's still learning his powers. All these immense physical gifts thrust upon him, nonetheless continuously crashing into things, misfiring his webslinger, launching way too far or way too short. He could catch the bad guys on accident sometimes because he could just stumble his way to being incredible, but he could also get completely stole on because he could swing entirely into the wrong direction with no brake ... just a talented hot mess.

Of course Parker eventually figured it out.

Hi

I know he aint a texans any more but u guys have seen him play more then I have so I thought I would ask u because i can't ask on the Seahawks board becuase they banned me 4 calling them Seaquacks.

Anyways I really want Clowney 2 be a bear because we need someone opposite Kahlil MACK to beast and feast on sacks and Clowney was always someone I liked when he got drafted by yous guys.

But
Yesterday he was getting all sorts of kinds of penalties like racking them up like it was his job when u just want to see him kill Rodgers, nope, another penalty

I was like O M F G

he wasn't even getting picked on by Refs he was just a penalty machine

SO
my question?

Was he always like this or was he just really keyed up 4 playing in the playoffs?

Like, was he playing normal or was he looking kinda jacked up on drugs or something?

Please no troll replies even if u are on my ignore list.

Clowney is usually good for 10-13 penalties a season, which is on the high side.

Clowney doesn't deserve top dollar, he was not worth the #1 overall pick, he didn't become a generational pass-rusher everyone was expecting him to be, and he'll always have lingering injury issues that will cause him to miss 1-2 games a season (as well as possibly a shortened career).

With that being said, wish he was still on the Texans. He was disruptive and the offense had to always know where he was and give him attention. Something our defense truly missed.

Clowney is an example of the type of player I really don't like.

"I just want to win," Clowney said, via ESPN. "I'm trying to get to the Super Bowl by any means. That's what I'm looking for: Who's going to get me there? I ain't looking to get on no sorry team for no money. That ain't going to fly. I ain't gonna put my body through all of that just to lose no 16 games, go home with my check. I'd hate that, so that ain't what I'm doing. So if I can't win no Super Bowl, I ain't going to no team that can't win."

Now that the Texans know money isn' the biggest factor in Clowney's life.....how would you Pro-Clowney folks feel if the Texans were to pursue him as a FA?

I don't think Seahawks fans are clamoring for their team to get him a new contract. That leaves the Patriots who might make a play for him since his biggest concern is having the best opportunity to win a SB.....even that endow is closing quickly.

Now that the Texans know money isn' the biggest factor in Clowney's life.....how would you Pro-Clowney folks feel if the Texans were to pursue him as a FA?

Didn't you read that he was looking for a team to take him to the Super Bowl? No chance he comes back here

Clowney is an example of the type of player I really don't like.

"I just want to win," Clowney said, via ESPN. "I'm trying to get to the Super Bowl by any means. That's what I'm looking for: Who's going to get me there? I ain't looking to get on no sorry team for no money. That ain't going to fly. I ain't gonna put my body through all of that just to lose no 16 games, go home with my check. I'd hate that, so that ain't what I'm doing. So if I can't win no Super Bowl, I ain't going to no team that can't win."
He can go pound sand

Didn't you read that he was looking for a team to take him to the Super Bowl? No chance he comes back here
And perhaps also New England as we advanced father in the P/Os than the Pats did and I like our future better than New Englands
but no matter because I doubt that JDC is returning to Houston again to play ball unless with visiting team.

JD Clowney just finished an ELITE graded 87.3 season.

He is a defensive player who shuts down half the field by himself in the run game and OC's spend many resources in trying to have him blocked (most double teamed defender in football last year). Disruptor of the highest caliber.

Lets compare.

Laremy Tunsil just finished a season with twice as many false start flags then JD ever had and he's about to become the richest offensive lineman in NFL history - for turning in a 75.8 season. LOL.

Back