Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[CHRONIC] Texans to play Jets on Thanksgiving night?

Tough road game but I'll take it. It would make Thanksgiving extra special this year. I'm tired of seeing Dallas and Detroit every year.

Dallas and Detroit will still be on.

The NFL should build real rivalries. Dallas v Houston should be an annnual Thanksgiving game. They should play here then there and the A&M v UT series should play in the stadium that nots being used that year. Dal v Hou at Dallas and have A&M v UT play at Texans stadium. Then flip it the next year.

Philly v Pit should play annaully. Tampa v Miami, ect.

Is anyone else nervous about a nationally televised game against the Jets? They dominated us last year

If we expect to be in the playoffs then we'd best tackle this opportunity and shine. Playoffs are much more nationally televised.

That would be pretty cool, I just want to make sure Im at a family members house with cable and a big screen!

I can sense a rivalry developing between us and the Jets.

We're both young and upcoming teams, they beat us on opening day last season, they barely squeaked passed up into the playoffs last year, and Hard Knocks is between our two teams.

A prime time game would only contribute to this budding rivalry.

The NFL should build real rivalries. Dallas v Houston should be an annnual Thanksgiving game. They should play here then there and the A&M v UT series should play in the stadium that nots being used that year. Dal v Hou at Dallas and have A&M v UT play at Texans stadium. Then flip it the next year.

You think the average football fan, outside of the state of Texas, cares about seeing Dallas/Houston EVERY Thanksgiving? Nope, not gonna happen, ever.

Oh this would be delicious.

Buddy Ryan's son against the Houston team that looks for revenge for what happened last season.

Sign me up.

Brian McCarthy of the NFL told us this morning that the NFL wouldn't be announcing opening weekend games. That means the league also won't announce the three Thanksgiving games. We know Detroit and Dallas will host games on Thanksgiving as they always do. I'm hearing the New York Jets are going to host the Thanksgiving night game played on the NFL Network and that the Texans might be the opponent.

McCarthy said the schedule is still being worked on. Strange. Usually at these meetings we're told who plays whom on opening weekend and Thanksgiving.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/03/kubiak_says_kris_brown_will_ha.html

You think the average football fan, outside of the state of Texas, cares about seeing Dallas/Houston EVERY Thanksgiving? Nope, not gonna happen, ever.

You really think the average football fan still wants to see Dallas beat up on Detroit every single year!?

No!!!

Noooo, we go to the A&M game. That would make me miss one or the other. Booooooooo

Meh im old school i like tradition when it comes to this

Cowboys and Redskins seems right to me

but im glad there throwing texans into the mix other then teh lions

the lions lose there right IMO to play on thanksgiving

Should the NFL place the Texans in so many premium TV time slots, it would
be a huge "****-OR-GET-OFF-THE-POT" from the NFL to the Texans. I don't
fear it. I'd welcome it. This year, should the NFL do it, would be an EXCITING
one for the Texans.

Hopefully, the outcome matches the expectations. If not......

.......back to "same 'ol Texans" status.

Thanksgiving game announcement to come Week 1
By JOHN McCLAIN
Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle
March 23, 2010, 9:07PM

ORLANDO, Fla. - Texans owner Bob McNair will have to wait to find out if his request to play the New York Jets on Thanksgiving night is granted.

McNair said Tuesday that he and Jets owner Woody Johnson have asked the league to schedule the Texans at the Jets for the prime-time game on Thanksgiving. The third game of the day is televised by the NFL Network.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Tuesday the league would not have an announcement on the opening weekend and Thanksgiving games.

Usually, the games are announced at the league's spring meetings. McCarthy said the schedule is still being worked on.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6927224.html

The only channel it can be on. It'll be televised locally. I would prefer an opening MNF game against the Jets though..

I'm hoping for as many prime time games as possible, because not only does it make it more exciting, but then I also get to watch! I rarely get the the non-prime time Texans games on TV up here.

looks like we are playing either the Jags colts or titans wk17 this year o joyyy

Hopefully either us or them will not be playing for anything

looks like we are playing either the Jags colts or titans wk17 this year o joyyy

Hopefully either us or them will not be playing for anything

Actually I hope the Titans are playing for something just like we were last year....and just like what they did to us, I hope we **** all over their playoff hopes. The only difference is unlike them, hopefully our playoff chances are alive and well.

The only channel it can be on. It'll be televised locally. I would prefer an opening MNF game against the Jets though..

Yeah, my local is not your local though:), so I would be unable to watch the game on my tv. And, if it is thanksgiving, I won't be at a sports bar either. Looks like I am missing this one.

Actually I hope the Titans are playing for something just like we were last year....and just like what they did to us, I hope we **** all over their playoff hopes. The only difference is unlike them, hopefully our playoff chances are alive and well.

I hope we have the divison locked up and first round bye locked up

and face the colts in a must win WK 17 to get a WC spot but knowing us we will prob lay down for the colts LOL if we have nothing to play for

Back