Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[CHRONIC] Texans seek QB who’s the right fit

Texans34Life

I BLEED TEXANS!
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6279451.html

Candidates to replace Rosenfels may be Detroit’s Dan Orlovsky, Chicago’s Rex Grossman, Cincinnati’s Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tampa Bay’s Jeff Garcia and Denver’s Patrick Ramsey.

A personal favorite would be Tennessee’s Chris Simms. If the Texans signed him, he could be reunited with his best friend from the University of Texas, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. Then we could write some more about the matching tattoos they got in Austin.

Simms, though, is expected to re-sign with the Titans. Too bad.

Click on the above link for the rest of the article....

Would like either Garcia or Simms here.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6279451.html

Click on the above link for the rest of the article....

Would like either Garcia or Simms here.

I too would love Garcia, But I don't think he believes in clipboards and cheerin' at the same time. He wants to start. He wont get to start nor compete for the starting job here in Houston. This is Schaubs team. Simms would be interesting, though I'm not so sure Jeff Fisher lets him go.

Last edited:
Wonder why he doesn't mention Losman?

I'd go after Losman, Simms, and Plummer if he decides to come back.

It was an empty article. Those were the names that popped into his head. That's all there is to it. I appreciate some of what McClain does, but the lazy journalism that I see from him really annoys me sometimes.

Oh my God...
Orlovsky, Grossman, Simms?

What a ragtag bunch of losers!

Why didnt we just keep Carr to return punts and backup as QB?

Oh my God...
Orlovsky, Grossman, Simms?

What a ragtag bunch of losers!

Why didnt we just keep Carr to return punts and backup as QB?

What did you expect?

This board was not exactly excited about Sage Rosenfels a few years back.

I too would love Garcia, But I don't think he believes in clipboards and cheerin' at the same time. He wants to start. He wont get to start nor compete for the starting job here in Houston. This is Schaubs team. Simms would be interesting, though I'm not so sure Jeff Fisher lets him go.

Again, not necessarily true...and he might find Schaub's tendency to get hurt appealing because he will get to play some. The problem with him is this system where throwing it downfield is a key. That isn't his strong suit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3911129

"I do feel like I have football life in me,'' Garcia said. "I feel I can still contribute. I'm not sure what my role will be with another team. I'm not looking at it like I need to start and be the man ... Hopefully, I'll have some opportunities out there. I'm pretty sure there's going to be something out there for me

I would take Patrick Ramsey or Chris Simms they are very capable players and they both have been in the west coast offense so it wouldn't be a big issue for them to transition into our offense.

Patrick Ramsey has been pretty good and does have a knowledge of this offense. Another named mention when the Sage trade was going down has been Brian Griese. He's been pretty good in this offense before.

Garcia threw a huuuuge temper tantrum when Gruden pulled him from the starting lineup.

How did Jeff suddenly find this "inner peace" to be satisfied with the possibility of being a backup, as he said recently?

Complicated he is.

Don't really care who it is I just want a veteran who is capable of doing what is needed in the offense without melting down. They also need to understand their role as backup and not press for the starting job.

I'm not a big fan of Chris Simms for us. I like him in Tennessee which is where I wish he would've stayed committed to in college. He's fits the choke artist mold that Tennessee needs.

I am intrigued by the idea that Jake Plummer might come out of retirement long as the beard doesn't come with him.

Complicated he is.

GP is actually Yoda?

images

I would take Patrick Ramsey or Chris Simms they are very capable players and they both have been in the west coast offense so it wouldn't be a big issue for them to transition into our offense.

And Simms is Lil Shanny's BFF forever. Could happen.

I am intrigued by the idea that Jake Plummer might come out of retirement long as the beard doesn't come with him.
If Plummer were to come out of a 2 year retirement, I'm pretty sure his rights would still reside with Tampa Bay.

I agree with this sentiment as far a his talent, he's a proven winner, but as far as his sideline ability, he's a proven whiner. Too cancerous for this team.

If Plummer were to come out of a 2 year retirement, I'm pretty sure his rights would still reside with Tampa Bay.

I thought there was a term limit on how long a team held rights?

I thought all the analysts were saying that he would just sit out for two years and then hop back into the league?

Has it been two years, or just one, since he "retired?"

Wasn't there a guy on the Broncos a few years ago that "retired" and then came back and played for a different team the very next season?

If I'm not mistaken he didn't actually retire but went to play in the XFL and then came back. It was the guy that played for Pittsburgh and won come back player of the year. Tommy Maddox I think. If not him, then I would say Brian Griese.

Wasn't there a guy on the Broncos a few years ago that "retired" and then came back and played for a different team the very next season?

I know it was a WR.

I'm thinking it was Kevin Kasper but I can't find anything on it. IIRC, he "retired" during the season with Denver and then un-retired and signed with the Seahawks a couple of weeks later.

I know it was a WR.

I'm thinking it was Kevin Kasper but I can't find anything on it. IIRC, he "retired" during the season with Denver and then un-retired and signed with the Seahawks a couple of weeks later.

What about Junior Seau, his "retirement" and signing a couple days later with New England?

Last edited:
What about Junior Seau, his "retirement" and signing a couple days later with New England?

IIRC, his contract was expiring when he announced his retirement. Plummer left with 2 years remaining.

I don't think Seau ever really retired (turn his papers in to the League) anyway.

Back