Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[CHRONIC] John McLain reporting Super Mario, David Anderson and Mike Brisel on IR

Yo CND, whats your take on Demeco's injury? I've heard rumblings that it is very difficult to come back from. I wonder how this lockout will affect the rehab of the players? Do most of them head back home to rehab or spend the offseason at the teams's medical facilities. If its the latter, then I'm guessing they won't be allowed any access during this lockout.

Yo CND, whats your take on Demeco's injury? I've heard rumblings that it is very difficult to come back from. I wonder how this lockout will affect the rehab of the players? Do most of them head back home to rehab or spend the offseason at the teams's medical facilities. If its the latter, then I'm guessing they won't be allowed any access during this lockout.

From my previous posts concerning Demeco's injury:

For complete tears, the route is virtually always surgical, and always for athletes.

A major advantage of early repair of the Achilles tendon is that it offers a lower re-rupture rate ~3%, a greater chance of returning to play, with ultimately greater strength and more endurance. However, wound complications such as tear through of the repair and infection and if so can be very serious. The overall complication rate of surgically treated Achilles tendon ruptures is approximately 20%. Problems with wound healing remain the most common and most difficult to manage given the empirically poor circulation of this tendon.

Barring any complications, most operative rehab consists of a cast for 2 weeks, then a removeable cast-boot for about 12 weeks after surgery. It usually takes 6 months after surgery before players can return to play. Keep in mind, this does not include time required to return to true football conditioning and form.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553459&postcount=26

After surgical repair, football player return to play has been approximately 90%. Return to preinjury performance has been noted at closer to 80-85%. Demeco should be able to show us his level of return by 9-12 months post repair.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553812&postcount=65

Back