Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Chris Brown Speculation

I see no logic on the field or fiscally for Chris Brown to come here. With us about to eat DD's contract, which would precipitate this move based on DD's lack of health, why would we put ourselves more at risk at the RB position, which is not a need, for a RB that has had nagging pains through his career? What RB do you know of has had success in the ZBS that runs upright like him. Moreover, he is three inches taller than any of the other recent ZBS backs.

Brown 6'3 220
Anderson 6'0'' 230
D Davis 5'7'' 227
Droughans 5'11'' 220
Duckett 6'0'' 254
Dunn 5'9'' 180
Terrell Davis 5'11'' 210
O Gary 5'11'' 218
T Bell 5'11'' 213

The only commonality that I see is Brown went to Colorado and the Denver South staff may know him pretty well as a player and person.

Snoper Toro says this is a virtual myth. :)

Luv_ya_blue said:
I agree!
That's why there are 44 "guests" looking at this thread!

Hi Tack Fans!
23_29_125.gif

I love it!!!:yahoo: in fact am slightly jealous didn't think of it...LOL

Had she heard about the Chris Brown trade rumor?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but she did ask if I could take her name and number off the wall. :)

Trade'06pick said:
If so he needs to go on the pup or the ir. If not he needs to go.

IR, get cut or make the 53 are the only options and I believe that is the order of possibility. My gut is a cut, which is based on a wet fnger in the wind.

U4ikrob said:
As posted in my links above - The titans have supposedly tabbed Travis Henry as their Opening day starter - not "Chris Brown' - that he is listed in name only. Also according to the local paper - theres still no front runner for starter at RB in Tennessee. - See above links for the paper articles.

I think some people may miss out on some important info here. The way I read this entire case is that Travis Henry will be starting the last PRE-SEASON game, not neccesarily the first regular season game.

And while we're at it, I also think this is what Kubiak had in mind when he mentioned Lundy as the starter: Starter in the last pre-season game, not the opener.

At least that's how I read into all the info we're being fed :)

Kubiak, in one of his latest quotes on the home page news yesterday, said at the very least DD would be on injured reserve list, that he wasn't going anywhere.

Is ya man on the flo'?
If he ain't...
Let me know
Let me see if you can run it, run it
Girl indeed I can run it, run it

Trade'06pick said:
But not the rest of his salary?

Nope. The signing bonus is the "real" value of the contract as it is usually paid up front and then spread over the term of the contract. If the pkayer plays this year, or on IR, then his salary and signing bonus "proration" for this year all hit the cap.

(on cutting Domanick Davis) “The idea of cutting Domanick has not even played a factor. I don’t know where that came from. The decision is strictly if his knee is going to be healthy enough to play. If his knee is not healthy enough to play, if that is the decision that’s made about him, then he’s looking at an I.R. (injury reserve) season. If he is going to be able to make it back, then he is going to be on this football team. The other choice (cutting Davis) has never been a factor. Domanick Davis is a big part of this football team as I’ve said all along we’re going to do what’s right for him.”

Malloy said:
And while we're at it, I also think this is what Kubiak had in mind when he mentioned Lundy as the starter: Starter in the last pre-season game, not the opener.

At least that's how I read into all the info we're being fed :)

Lundy and Morency will not be playing in the Bucs game. Lundy will be the starter in the season opener against the Eagles.

Source: CBSSportsline.com
According to a source close to the Titans, CBS SportsLine.com has learned that RB Travis Henry is expected to be the Tennessee's starting running back when they play vs. the Jets in Week 1 of the regular season. "Chris Brown is listed as the No. 1 running back in name only," the source said, citing Henry's dedication to the offseason workouts and overall ability as the main reasons why he'll start over Brown and rookie LenDale White. Henry started the Titans' third preseason game, a home loss to the Falcons.

i doubt this will go down, but in the case that it would happen I would say its a smart move. Smith and Taylor I don't think have enough talent to make an impact in a game, and I would say that they don't really provide much depth. I would love to have Davis, Lundy, Brown, and Morency as our 4 RBs, because I would say every running back, if pushed in the starting lineup, gave us a great chance in winning that football game, and any of those 4 backs could be one of those magical 1000 yard backs.

K.D. said:
I was for keeping DD, but if this is true, I have to say bye-bye DD. Eventhough I love what the guy gave us since he got here, I like the ideal of Lundy,VM,and Brown. DD situation just makes me more pissed at Capers and crew.:shoot:

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
You can have that piece of broken glass

bigtex77 said:
I'm sure you weren't loving it when he was healthy and producing for the Tacks, right?

Let's assume DD is healthy...... what does this guy have, that DD doesn't?? why would we want this guy at all??

He's got nothing on DD.

Wolf said:

Titans owe us one after the draft day trade a few years ago :heh: or maybe that was part of Casserly's master plan :stirpot:

(not saying Babin was a bad pick, just saying they need to return the favor ):challenge

kbourda said:
Ok, then i'll say it.

In the game against Denver. There was this particular tightend(#88) that Mario locked it up with a couple of times. Neither gaining ground, or loosing ground.

But when Babin went against that guy, he'd explode into him, back #88 up, then run around him.

Last two games, Babin has been spending alot of time around the other teams QB.

thunderkyss said:
Let's assume DD is healthy...... what does this guy have, that DD doesn't?? why would we want this guy at all??

He's got nothing on DD.

texan279 said:
Healthy knees?

Is it not possible for you to follow a complete line of thinking??

thunderkyss said:
Is it not possible for you to follow a complete line of thinking??

Why assume Davis is healthy when he is not and has not been for the last eight months? The guy hasn't even practiced and you proclaim that he will be on the field come 9/10/06. Is it not possible for you to understand reality?

from www.kffl.com

Texans | D. Davis wants to play – but it does not look good
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:58:45 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) doesn't know when his injured left knee will be healthy enough for him to return to the field. He has been out for a month with a bone bruise that is causing soreness in his knee. He said it has been frustrating and surprising that the injury has kept him out this long. "It's getting to the point where it's just draining me," he said. "I'm tired of watching. I've been here and I've worked hard with everybody else and I can't be out there and help. It's just killing me watching." Texans head coach Gary Kubiak plans to meet with Davis, his agent and his doctors this week to discuss his injury. He wants to find out if Davis can play this season or if he needs to be placed on Injured Reserve. Davis will not be available for Houston's opener against Philadelphia and rookie RB Wali Lundy will start in his place.

texan279 said:
Why assume Davis is healthy when he is not and has not been for the last eight months? The guy hasn't even practiced and you proclaim that he will be on the field come 9/10/06. Is it not possible for you to understand reality?

from www.kffl.com

Texans | D. Davis wants to play – but it does not look good
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:58:45 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) doesn't know when his injured left knee will be healthy enough for him to return to the field. He has been out for a month with a bone bruise that is causing soreness in his knee. He said it has been frustrating and surprising that the injury has kept him out this long. "It's getting to the point where it's just draining me," he said. "I'm tired of watching. I've been here and I've worked hard with everybody else and I can't be out there and help. It's just killing me watching." Texans head coach Gary Kubiak plans to meet with Davis, his agent and his doctors this week to discuss his injury. He wants to find out if Davis can play this season or if he needs to be placed on Injured Reserve. Davis will not be available for Houston's opener against Philadelphia and rookie RB Wali Lundy will start in his place.

It's my contention he is as healthy as Hines Ward & SteveSmith.

thunderkyss said:
It's my contention he is as healthy as Hines Ward & SteveSmith.

Well I have no idea how "healthy" those guys are, all I know is they both have hamstring issues which is a little different than missing cartilage in the knee.

texan279 said:
Well I have no idea how "healthy" those guys are, all I know is they both have hamstring issues which is a little different than missing cartilage in the knee.

IMO, they're just taking the preseason off and using the hammy issue as an excuse. Kind of like TO wanted to but ole Bill wouldn't have it.:spy:

Old School Texan said:
There is no trade for Chris Brown rumored in Nashville. I've listened to both sports shows here and all they are talking about is the Kerry Collins signing. Chris Brown is the Week 1 starter for Tennessee.
not true................he has been shopped the last 24 hrs to 12 different teams...........Den is the leading candiate and the jets are also interested.

texan279 said:

The doctors say the knee is fine...... no precautionary steps must be taken. The man is cleared to play football.

HOU-TEX said:
IMO, they're just taking the preseason off and using the hammy issue as an excuse. Kind of like TO wanted to but ole Bill wouldn't have it.:spy:

That's the way I see it.

thunderkyss said:
The doctors say the knee is fine...... no precautionary steps must be taken. The man is cleared to play football.

Is this breaking news ? do you have a link ? I thought Kubes was supposed to sit down with the doctors today and discuss a prognosis ...

thunderkyss said:

That's the way I see it.

Then why is he not out there practicing and playing? Because the doctors have said the pain will always be there and he has to play through it, and as of yet he has not done that.

xtruroyaltyx said:
Is this breaking news ? do you have a link ? I thought Kubes was supposed to sit down with the doctors today and discuss a prognosis ...

that's the way it's been for a while..... doctors been saying it's mental for a month now.

You guys know something? I love making fun of Jacksonville's "Fragile" Fred Taylor. He's a very good running back but that nickname is there for a reason and he's earned it. In Domanick Davis we have our own, somewhat less talented version of Fred. He can't stay healthy no matter what and more important than that we've all noted that DD isn't the same back when he's nicked up. Almost everyone in the NFL plays hurt a little bit at some point in the season but when Domanick Davis is feeling a bit "out of sorts" his production drops way off. That's a fact. How much is he going to produce for us this year if he's constantly thinking about that knee?

On Chris Brown he's the Titans version of Fred Taylor. The more I think about it why would we want another one? We have one guy like that already. What are we collecting them now?

I think we should IR Domanick Davis and forget about Chris Brown. Domanick's money is gone no matter what we do and maybe if he sits a year and gets used to the way the knee feels he'll be able to come to camp next year. If we can get him in some preseason games and convince some people that he's back on track we might get a late round pick for him or even if it doesn't work out we can cut him and reach an injury settlement next year. I say as much as I like Domanick we need to kill the distraction right now. Chris Browns money is something we don't need to make our problem. If he comes here and does well (and stays healthy) he's going to want to get paid shortly and just watch. He'll earn the contract and then get hurt again.

The Texans have thrown enough money away on players they don't need. They don't need Chris Brown.

Luv_ya_blue said:
Ok...I know that the mere mention of his name around these parts is enough to be deemed a heretic if not the outright ANTICHRIST...but this was my thinking all along and why I was in favor of drafting Reggie Bush.
:hides: :hides: :hides: :hides:
Sorry I brought his name up...but it seemed to fit with this post.

Blame it on Herv! lol

What I want to know from you is: If we had drafted Reggie do you think he would have stopped all that dancing an run between the tackles like our other backs? I don't think he could take the pounding our backs are going to have to take. Yes he would be great running the swing pass, and the sideline to sideline runs. But eventually everyone is going to know whats coming when he is in.

RiotCommander said:
What I want to know from you is: If we had drafted Reggie do you think he would have stopped all that dancing an run between the tackles like our other backs? I don't think he could take the pounding our backs are going to have to take. Yes he would be great running the swing pass, and the sideline to sideline runs. But eventually everyone is going to know whats coming when he is in.

I don't think you give Kubes much credit...Reggie Bush is an offensive weapon...period...and a darn good one...

Veering off target now (and Luv Ya Blue, you've already read this) but I wanted Reggie too and this injury thing was a factor in that. Having said that I would not take him if I had this to do over again. I don't think he's the kind of back we're looking for in this offense. I think his talents (and they are there and they are considerable) would not be a good fit.

Instead I'd have traded down and targeted DeAngelo Williams. I'd have made that trade down even if I could only net an additional second rounder or even a 3 and a 4 combined. Look at the damage we did this draft after that first pick. If we could have gotten another 2 from someone it would have been worth it even if the value didn't balance out. Someone would have gotten a first overall cheaply and we would have gotten our RB along with more depth.

Back