Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Charlie Strong is the dumbest coach in the NCAA

I don't feel bad for Strong because he puts a huge check in the bank every month.

You wouldn't be Paul Finebaum by any chance, would you?

Anyway, I didn't say I'm weeping for the man. It's just a sh*t situation and I'd prefer if decent hard working people had less sh*t situations. That's all.

You wouldn't be Paul Finebaum by any chance, would you?

Anyway, I didn't say I'm weeping for the man. It's just a sh*t situation and I'd prefer if decent hard working people had less sh*t situations. That's all.
I kinda of resemble Finebaum. My post was merely a play on your very own words "huge check". That's all!

I kinda of resemble Finebaum. My post was merely a play on your very own words "huge check". That's all!

Reaction-pictures-joke-over-my-head-resizecrop--.jpg

Not sure who was worse. Texas @ TCU or Texans @ Atlanta.

I believe Charlie Strong deserves 2 more years to rebuild that program and get his players in place.

Not sure who was worse. Texas @ TCU or Texans @ Atlanta.

I believe Charlie Strong deserves 2 more years to rebuild that program and get his players in place.
The problem is Charlie Strong isn't a strong recruiter in state. The Houston Cougars, believe it or not, are recruiting better than almighty Texas is right now. Much less the big boys like TCU, Texas A&M, Baylor, etc... etc...

We landed that superstar defensive lineman recently. Five-star DT Ed Oliver. The kid is going to become the next Ndamukong Suh in the NFL. I'm sure hoping this is the beginning where all the top high school talent around the Houston area decide to stay home. U of H will become a national powerhouse if that happens. We have most of the national talent in our backyard.

The problem is Charlie Strong isn't a strong recruiter in state. The Houston Cougars, believe it or not, are recruiting better than almighty Texas is right now. Much less the big boys like TCU, Texas A&M, Baylor, etc... etc...

We landed that superstar defensive lineman recently. Five-star DT Ed Oliver. The kid is going to become the next Ndamukong Suh in the NFL. I'm sure hoping this is the beginning where all the top high school talent around the Houston area decide to stay home. U of H will become a national powerhouse if that happens. We have most of the national talent in our backyard.

Sadly that won't happen as long as UH isn't in a major conference. I wished all along that they would be in the Big XII however it never happened. If they were I could see them ending up like a TCU. U of H was always a powerhouse in the SWC however got screwed when that broke up.

Sadly that won't happen as long as UH isn't in a major conference. I wished all along that they would be in the Big XII however it never happened. If they were I could see them ending up like a TCU. U of H was always a powerhouse in the SWC however got screwed when that broke up.

TCU got screwed the same way and eventually got out of it. UH will too. Besides I don't think UH's future lies in that direction (Big12) anyway. I think UH has to put together a decade of solid winning football, continue to get their facilities in order, and then should be looking at the SEC like the Aggies did. Sure it's a crazy pipe dream for now but it could happen. Just need an administration, AD and HC who knows what they're doing and who are more interested in building something then stepping up to the next fat paycheck. Before you say "But they always take the next job for more money" consider TCU. Consider what happened in Miami when the U finally pulled it together. It can happen. It has happened. Admittedly it's rare but it's not impossible. One of the biggest things that UH has to do (and one of the things they've been talking about a lot since Herman got here) is protect Houston recruiting and if they can make a dent in the flow of recruits leaving town they'll a) get a lot better, and b) be a lot more attractive to bigger conferences.

It's just going to take time and a lot of work. That and the coach has to not jump ship as soon as Texas pulls up in their burnt orange Cadillac with the trunk full of money.

TCU got screwed the same way and eventually got out of it. UH will too. Besides I don't think UH's future lies in that direction (Big12) anyway. I think UH has to put together a decade of solid winning football, continue to get their facilities in order, and then should be looking at the SEC like the Aggies did. Sure it's a crazy pipe dream for now but it could happen. Just need an administration, AD and HC who knows what they're doing and who are more interested in building something then stepping up to the next fat paycheck. Before you say "But they always take the next job for more money" consider TCU. Consider what happened in Miami when the U finally pulled it together. It can happen. It has happened. Admittedly it's rare but it's not impossible. One of the biggest things that UH has to do (and one of the things they've been talking about a lot since Herman got here) is protect Houston recruiting and if they can make a dent in the flow of recruits leaving town they'll a) get a lot better, and b) be a lot more attractive to bigger conferences.

It's just going to take time and a lot of work. That and the coach has to not jump ship as soon as Texas pulls up in their burnt orange Cadillac with the trunk full of money.

The SEC is the least likely power 5 conference for UH to join, and it's got nothing to do with quality of football. TV markets and $$$ are the two biggest factors and if the SEC does expand I think it goes into Virginia or North Carolina, maybe even Oklahoma. I could see a conference with no Texas market looking to add UH if they stay good for long enough. the ACC, maybe?

Tom Herman wouldn't leave Houston for Austin so soon would he? I know the Texas Longhorns can throw the most money to a head coach if they have to, but wouldn't the University of Houston step up and spend more money themselves if needed? Especially after what they witnessed in the past when their football program had turned the corner into national relevance.

I would hate to lose another solid head coach and relive the Kevin Sumlin and Art Briles departures. You can make a case the Houston Cougars' football program is on the right track. They're close to be ranked in the top 25 again.

Nothing wrong about the Houston Cougars football program right now.
All they need is some stability with a great head coach. They have to keep that.

It's time for U of H to set up shop, keep their man, and become a national powerhouse for the next decade or two. In their particular situation they've been through this movie before. Now they need to change the script.

This new athletic director for the Houston Cougars seems to be the real deal. So I'm confident they will find a way to keep Tom Herman for the long haul. Regardless of the financial commitment it will take.

As a houston alum i'm right there with you..........................but lets be real, UH can never hold onto a good young up & coming coach & will never get back that national prominence unless they get in a real conference....which i don't foresee happening anytime soon. The stadium and new AD is a good start, but the only way they can sustain the momentum is to get into a good conference with relevant players in the college football landscape.

The most likely scenario would be the ACC. If they decide to go to 16 or if they lose two schools to the SEC (the SEC would really like to add one of Virginia/Virginia Tech and one of North Carolina/Duke) they will need two schools. UCF and UH would likely be the top two.

The Big XII could also add UH with another school like BYU if they want to get back to 12, but that's actually less likely because the conference is already Texas-centric.

The SEC is interested in TV markets and they already own Houston with the addition of A&M.

The most likely scenario would be the ACC. If they decide to go to 16 or if they lose two schools to the SEC (the SEC would really like to add one of Virginia/Virginia Tech and one of North Carolina/Duke) they will need two schools. UCF and UH would likely be the top two.

The Big XII could also add UH with another school like BYU if they want to get back to 12, but that's actually less likely because the conference is already Texas-centric.

The SEC is interested in TV markets and they already own Houston with the addition of A&M.

I'd be all for that...Let UT continue to stew in their own **** for a little while longer with that LHN fiasco.

I'd be all for that...Let UT continue to stew in their own **** for a little while longer with that LHN fiasco.
The BIG irony is a story yesterday that BEVO will not be traveling to Dallas this weekend due to a life threatening condition. Bevo is under constant Vet supervision.

I tuned in a little late to ABC but WOW!
How does Texas have a 14-3 lead over Oklahoma?

The second half just started. Adda boy, Charlie Strong.
I guess he had the kids ready to play today.

Oklahoma will probably come back and win now that I'm watching. LOL

I've been sort of a bad luck charm for the Texas Longhorns this season.

But I still believe in ya, Charlie Strong!

It's too bad Texas didn't play with this much effort in every game. They would still have a good chance to make a bowl game. They could have given TCU a competitive game instead of that 50-7 blowout or whatever it was.

The Texas Longhorns defense is just flying to the football.
Multiple guys are all over the ball carrier. It's a thing of beauty.

Charlie Strong is turning the program around right before our eyes.

But that being said, plenty of time left in the fourth quarter.
It's only a 24-10 Texas lead now. Oklahoma can strike fast.

I was enjoying this thread until I saw Obama (really, the man's a disgrace).

Nice job, Texas.

Same here. Could have done without his face but more important to me is that now the Longhorn's can go on about their business for a while and leave Tom Herman alone. I mean, I realize that Houston is apparently destined to train the head coaches of every major Texas program but these other schools need to at least wait until he's finished turning into the coach they want. This one still has a few more hours in the smoker to go before he's ready.

Back