Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Challenges

Does anyone know who sits up in the box and tells Capers when to challenge? Does Capers even use someone or does he just guess? I don't know the specific numbers and since I watch mostly Texans games I don't know how others coaches fare, but Capers is horrible at challenging. We've had stupid challenges in back to back weeks (the Carr sneak against the Broncos where there wasn't going to be conclusive proof for a respot of the ball and both Stokley catches today). He doesn't challenge when Carr is running out of bounds and gets a poor spot (Vikings or Jaguars) and it costs the Texans a possible score. Now, he's already challenged another one and that leaves him with none today since he lost both of them. What's going to happen on a huge play late in the game? The Texans have begun to make strides to becoming a better team. They need a coach to take them there. I am beginning to wonder if Capers and crew is going to be the best option.

The first one bad, the 2nd one was only bad because there is only one challenge left.

ArlingtonTexan said:
The first one bad, the 2nd one was only bad because there is only one challenge left.

There are no challenges left. Only 3 if first 2 are in your favor. If the first one is wrong I think you need to hold it until you are absolutely sure or become desperate.

TexanBacker55 said:
There are no challenges left. Only 3 if first 2 are in your favor. If the first one is wrong I think you need to hold it until you are absolutely sure or become desperate.

That what i said the frist was bad...the second was bad only because there was one (the last one) left

Capers must have had his heas up his you know what when he challenged both of those play. 13 min. left in the 2nd and no more challenges and no timeouts left for the half. What where you thinking Capers?!?!

i thought the first challenge was a bad call. the second challege was a better challenge, and it should have been overturned. i mean the receivers foot was on the line, i don't know how they can miss that. but the fact remains that using 2 challenges so early in a game is not the smartest thing. but i guess capers thought, well we're gonna get blown out, might as well use em.

I too couldn't believe they let the second one stand. However, the angle and view wasn't close enough to be absolutely positive the toe was out...

Back