Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr's dad no longer welcome at practice..

personally I think they should kick Capers and co out of practice and see what the offense can come up with. You can only hold a tiger by the tail so long before it bites you and runs away.

big sarge said:
personally I think they should kick Capers and co out of practice and see what the offense can come up with.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL:yahoo: :woot2 :heh: :rofl:

Better idea....Just let D.Carr draw up plays in the dirt like sandlot

SheTexan said:
I have been reading this thread and as hard as it has been for me NOT to respond, the FEMALE instinct took over and got the best of me!:) I just have ONE little bitty thing to say.

I bet Roger Carr is Davids biggest critic! He probably makes all you couch coaches look pretty lame!! Boys grow up having their Dad's yell at them for something or another when it comes to sports. Davids a grown boy now and plays in the big leagues, but, I bet it doesn't stop Roger Carr from giving him a piece of his mind when he messes up.

I ask my grandson not to long ago if it bothered him for his Dad to "sideline" coach him, because it about drove me nuts. He told me NO, that it made him work harder. Repect is a very powerful word and speaks volumns!! JMO!!

No problem with Dad being one of his biggest critics but going to work with your child, when the child happens to be a 26 year old adult, is a bit much - close family or not. I come from an extremely tight family but I can't grip the thought of my Dad car pooling with me to work and breaking down the Power Point presentation I just gave to the CEO. What would my co-workers think?

This is probably more about appearances and the message it sends to teammates than anything else. It's time for DC - the leader in work -to go to work without Daddy being there to hold his hand - and Daddy should have recognized this after his first training camp.

aj. said:
No problem with Dad being one of his biggest critics but going to work with your child, when the child happens to be a 26 year old adult, is a bit much - close family or not. I come from an extremely tight family but I can't grip the thought of my Dad car pooling with me to work and breaking down the Power Point presentation I just gave to the CEO. What would my co-workers think?

This is probably more about appearances and the message it sends to teammates than anything else. It's time for DC - the leader in work -to go to work without Daddy being there to hold his hand - and Daddy should have recognized this after his first training camp.
Good take on the situation A.J

aj. said:

Just a quick note again, I'm sure Carr's dad does not hang out at the stadium and in their meetings and all that all day long and that he just comes out for 2+ hours of practice each day to watch how the team is doing and maybe offer some criticism/thoughts to David once they are back home.

thegr8fan said:
perhaps you failed to read the article with open eyes and not 'golden boy Carr colored lenses' yourself NFLforher.

like I said before, when the rules apply equally to ALL the Texans players INCLUDING GOLDEN BOY CARR then they might, perhaps, maybe, start actually playing like a TEAM.

I will admit I did find this little snippet quite funny

knowing what I know about how the Texans handle 'media relations' I think it is quite hilarious that Justice thinks that John 'the General' McLame prints or says ANYTHING that isn't cleared by the Texans front office directly FIRST is almost too funny.

Yeah, like this is really gonna help the "team" or anyone else. You failed to read my post, where I did not ask for special dispensation for Carr. Comprehension is the key.

Capers needs to do more than close practices.

aj. said:

Did your dad ever go to your little leage Power point presentations? Is your office outside in the grass with bleachers.

Come on now, this is silly.

infantrycak said:
I am aware of the opponents on the 1st half of the schedule last year, but it isn't just a stats thing--although if you want a more complete picture on your stats you might include that the Texans put up more yards than the teams average passing yards given up on 6 of the 1st 9 games. In any event, Carr's intangibles looked better. He was acting confident and making things happen. He was throwing accurately into tight coverage including double coverage--and the WR's were catching the ball. He looked much more comfortable. Do you think he is playing better this year?

If you go back and look, I went on to say:

TheOgre said:
I'll give Carr credit for taking advantage of the situation. He was definitely playing better than at any other point in his pro career, but lets keep it in perspective.

I think Carr was playing fairly well, but I never felt like he was "over the hump". That is what I was getting at. He still holds onto the ball too long and takes unnecessary sacks. He doesn't go through his progressions well. Also, Carr hasn't done very well in close games in the 4th quarter.

Back