Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr V. Volek set record staright

fresno8

Waterboy
I saw someone say that Billy Volek was a better QB @ Fresno State and in the NFL. I'm from Fresno and watched all of Carr and Voleks starts. Volek is good, but Carr is better. Volek looked great versus the Chiefs (cheifs defense is terrible). However he had more time(did make some great throws) and did many of the same things Carr does that people complaing about. He moved around in the pocket and dumped off to the saftey valve when no one was open. People complain when Carr does that, Carr doesn't have time it's all he can do. Volek sat back in a nice pocket and threw to the open receivers like Carr was early in the year. Volek also threw deep even in the face of pressure, but his receivers were wide open behind the coverage. Carr would do that too if he had guys running behind coverage but that doesn't happen. Volek isn't a better QB, wasn't at Fresno and isn't now. He's also had five years to sit and watch how things happen and he took that experience to the field and executed. Carr hasn't had that luxury and has spent the good part of three seasons on his back. I love both these guys and want them both to do well, but Carr is better. Fresno State runs an offense a lot like ours. Run, run, run some more. Pat Hill loves to run. He ran a lot when Volek was there and that hurt his draft status. When Carr came he opened up the offense and we lit up the score board and led to Carr being the #1 pick. So maybe if he ever gets a line our coaches should let Carr open things wide open and see what happens. Carr's a great QB who has been hurt by his surrondings. Remember Volek is in a great situation w/ great coaches and a great line. Go Dogs and Go Texans

Valley, Pat Hill our coach has a couple motto's one is "Paint the Valley Red" That's what the V is for. The V is red w/ green on the inside to represent our agricultural ties.

Ok as long as we are asking "stupid questons," I've got one of my own.
What are the small emblems on the helmets of college and highschool football players. Certain players have them and they're not all in the same place. That was a borrible description, but the best i could do. Im sure one of you know what im talking about.

you mean pride stickers? thats what you get when lets say you get a td, sack, big hit, good reception, long run, things like that

it is my understanding that you get them for big plays
i don't think all teams do it
pretty sure Tech doesnt (helmets not big enough)

O ok thanx, i guess that would make since :hmmm: . Always wondered what they were for and no1 could ever tell me.

See, now that's how you coach a team the right way. Tell them if they do good they'll get a sticker! :bouncey:

astrofan said:
it is my understanding that you get them for big plays
i don't think all teams do it
pretty sure Tech doesnt (helmets not big enough)

Or if you are on the Tech defense, small enough.

Back