Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr Seats For Robinson And Babbin

texansfan4life

Practice Squad
The Texans success will depend on david carr we all know that he has to improve a great deal, as a watch the texans play i feel real strong about this upcoming year one thing is real important, MR carr will have to show that he's the next coming of the new breed in qb's. this is'nt the only key to the new carr tho the whole team must drive the carr like it's brand new. with upgrades in the o line and upgrades in the defense we texans fans are looking for more out of our team this yr. the wideouts must be game breaking AJ. will be double team so. jabbar gabbney must step it up a little tony hollings must hold on to the football last yr i closed my eyes each time it was given to him he really needs to improve in that area. D. Davis is a real good back but during the course of the yr he will need a break so it's real important that the 2round pick we used a yr ago on hollings blossum this yr. Ok they are talking about moving chester to guard a good idea maybe this would cut down on flase starts for # 69 i just hope the large wand that they put there has enough magic in him to dominate the defense. Now to the defense I have high hopes there due to all the set backs last yr one thing was accomplished experince we where in most games with a struggling offense and lot's of backup on defense but it show me one thing that with that if we had not been so beat up on defense and had more of our starter we would have won a few more games so i think with the new additions on def. we can finnally get back to yr one when that was all we had. Hopefully mr. wong can finnally do something besides doing nothing in two yrs. hopefully. arron glenn can not get to many hamstrings and help the rookie, hopefully coleman can do a better job than matt stevens. our keys to success depends on a aggressive defense that makes people couch up the football. the turnovers is key we need them and must have them to be sucessful THESE ARE THE KEYS TO THE NEW CARR WE HAVE CARR SEATS FOR BABBIN AND ROBINSON BUCKLE UP IT'S ABOUT TO GO 75 FOR A TEST DRIVE.

texansfan4life said:
hopefully coleman can do a better job than matt stevens.

Okay, put Coleman in a wheelchair (no injuries involved) and get him sloppy drunk... and he'll STILL do better than Stevens.

Texan281 said:
Okay, put Coleman in a wheelchair (no injuries involved) and get him sloppy drunk... and he'll STILL do better than Stevens.

With all that, a blindfold, and handcuffed he'd do better than Matt Stevens.

But all joking aside, the Texans should take on a whole new form this year. Last year we were better than our record showed, losing so many 4th quarter leads due to injuries on the defensive side of the ball, we couldnt stop anyone late in a game. I remeber year one when our D was the strength of the team, they kept us is in games because of their refusal to give up points. Last year I expected them to be solid again, but due to the fact we were riddled with injury, our O was the strenght and they fared well, holding up there end of the bargan. This year, our D has improved tons from year 1, which is what I messure our D by because of last years injury problem. And our O will be more experienced plus we add another solid piece to the O-Line.
This year I think it will all come together. :grouphug:

And on the Seth Wand thing, the areas of concern with him coming otu of college where, though he is HUGE, he reall wasnt that strong, benching 225 only 20 times, he also didnt use his long arm to his advantage, not extending them all the way.But when I look at Gallery's profile and his side by side, you see that Gallery only lifted 225 four more times than Wand. And hopefully the coaches have tought Wand to extend his arms and to use his size better. But we have good coaches, so they probably have that covered.

Gallery Profile
Wand Profile

What would be interesting is a current profile on Wand vs Gallery. I suspect Wand is larger than Gallery at the present time because of our weight program and strength coaches. Wand is considered to be quick learner and he had the approval of Mr. B. I suspect he's going to surprise a lot of people. I wonder who he trained with duing the Spring.

Ibar_Harry said:
What would be interesting is a current profile on Wand vs Gallery. I suspect Wand is larger than Gallery at the present time because of our weight program and strength coaches. Wand is considered to be quick learner and he had the approval of Mr. B. I suspect he's going to surprise a lot of people. I wonder who he trained with duing the Spring.

I just wish that he had a chance to lurn from Boselli. Man that guy was good.

Boz was GOOD, but more than that he played with a real case of "Tude" and that is what Wand needs most. In fact, our whole team could use a major dose of it. Put the "Tude" into this group and we could down just about any team in the league. It sounds like the new RT, Ward, has it and I hope it spreads over all of them.

edo783 said:
Boz was GOOD, but more than that he played with a real case of "Tude" and that is what Wand needs most. In fact, our whole team could use a major dose of it. Put the "Tude" into this group and we could down just about any team in the league.

I really, really want a guy with an attitude on our team, it seems most of the guys we draft our sign as free agents have good attitudes and are quiet, not arrogant at all. I think every good tea needs that spark, someone who takes that emotion to the field daily.

You're right that every team needs a guy that can take the spark to the field, but we don't need a guy with an attitude in the clubhouse. You put a guy like that in there and you're team will never win a Superbowl. Terrel Owens has that attitude, and he was a terrible teammate despite what he did on the field. The NFL, and the Texans, is full of guys that are nice, down-t-earth guys but are get after it on the field...that's the reason they're in the NFL.

I didnt mean that we needed a dude with a bad personality in the locker room, but we need a loud,passionate dude like Ray Lewis, Urlacher, or Jeremy Shockey. All of those guys are great people and team leaders, and I love their arrogance on the field.
sexy_dance.jpg

Arrogance is good when using the proper dosage. Beware of the Warren Sapp type. I geuss he thought the runners would just fall over from the tough words he uses. :)

The "Tude" will get a huge boost with Wade being added to the Oline and with the return of G Walker to the Dline. Last year the defense was playing pretty soft compared to what we'll see next season with Smith, Payne (hopefully) and Walker on the line. If they all stay healthy I will be surprised if none of our LBers make the Pro Bowl. And the same with our secondary. Im glad we're throwing Robinson into the NFL with that kind of support because if he was trying to get adjusted with our "pass rush" of last season, he would get burned alive.

Texan281 said:

Get him drunk, eh? Just make sure he's not the one operating the wheelchair, and that there aren't any trees / brick walls nearby.

Back