Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Capers just doesn't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 RUNS
26 PASSES

that's about 59% run to 41% pass... also, no trick plays, we didn't go for it on fourth down...

in many ways, it's the most conservative game we've played all season. IT seems that when the offense executes, a lot of ignorant fans call it aggressiveness. however, when the team doesn't execute, the coaches are being too conservative.

this game was the largest ratio of run/pass so far this season, by the way.

Grid said:
"the 3-4 isnt working, lets start working on a 4-3"

If we start using our top draft picks on defensive linemen we might be able to consider that move one day years from now.

Defensive linemen are harder to come by than linebackers. I think that's one of the reasons that a 3-4 makes sense for an expansion team.

I think we should start drafting linemen for depth right now but with the long-term goal of maybe considering changing our scheme to a 4-3 at some point down the line.

dalemurphy said:
in many ways, it's the most conservative game we've played all season. IT seems that when the offense executes, a lot of ignorant fans call it aggressiveness. however, when the team doesn't execute, the coaches are being too conservative.

dalemurphy layin it down. i think that summizes about 60%+ of this board......

Capers was coaching in the 3-4 before the 3-4 was popular in the league. (i know it used to be the most popular back in the day, but im saying before it reemerged)

We will stick with the 3-4 simply because we have some of the greatest minds coaching our team when it comes to the 3-4 defense.

Oilers/Texans said:
I wish the run-n-shoot would be implemented.

First of all .... i didnt get to see the Texans sink the Titanac's this week . Therefore i cant say much about the playcalling This Week.

Forget the chuck and duck . Quarterbacks in the C&D (also known as the run & shoot) take a beating and I for one dont care to see how much Dave Ragone has improved , i like him just fine where he is ..... On The Bench.

All I would like to see from Palmer and Co. is a little more creative playcalling , not just running between the tackles and throwing to a streaking AJ or some simple play . The two plays i did hapen to catch in the highlights are examples of how to get the ball to your playmakers .... the quick passes to AJ both of which netted 13 yards and a first down , those were both basicly running plays In Space where a player like AJ can make people look Silly . More plays like those , screen passes , guards and tackels pulling on outside running plays .... more plays In Space where if the defender makes a mistake it is magnified ..... usually 6 points .

I deffinately dont want to see DC throw the ball 40+ times a game , no Tight end on the roster or anything remotely close to some silliness dreamed up by a guy named Mouse...... Mickey or otherwise. :boxing:

Bottom line was we got the win. One of the reasons why was we ran the ball and controlled the clock(td drive of over 5 minutes in 4th quarter.) We would all like to see capers open up the playbook more, but in yesterdays game, the situation called for running the ball. give Jonathan Wells and the O-line credit for taking control of the game. (along with AJ for taking safe passes and abusing Samari Rolle)

dalemurphy said:
IT seems that when the offense executes, a lot of ignorant fans call it aggressiveness. however, when the team doesn't execute, the coaches are being too conservative.

I like that so much, I'm going to start using it as my signature. If I were to describe the very nature of this board in a nutshell . . this would be perfect.

Grid said:
Capers was coaching in the 3-4 before the 3-4 was popular in the league. (i know it used to be the most popular back in the day, but im saying before it reemerged)

We will stick with the 3-4 simply because we have some of the greatest minds coaching our team when it comes to the 3-4 defense.

Not only that, but Capers had a lot more to do with the invention of the zone blitz than Al Gore had to do with the invention of the internet!

Back