Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Can we clinch next week?

Yes, we would have a four-game lead with three games to play if the Texans win and the Colts and Titans lose. We may clinch the division by winning alone. Time for the playoff machine if we don't wish to wait for the information from an official source.

Okay... now what do we need to clinch? A Texans win -and- both a Titans/Colts loss?

*sigh*

HOUSTON TEXANS (9-4) (at New York Jets (4-9), Saturday, 4:30 PM ET, NFL Network)

Houston clinches AFC South division title with:

1) HOU win + IND loss or tie + TEN loss or tie OR

2) HOU tie + IND loss + TEN loss

Houston clinches a playoff berth with:

1) HOU win + MIA loss or tie + PIT loss OR

2) HOU win + MIA loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR

3) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + BAL loss + MIA loss OR

4) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL loss + MIA tie OR

5) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL win + MIA loss OR

6) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + BAL loss + MIA loss OR

7) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL loss + MIA tie OR

8) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL win + MIA loss

---------------------------------------------------------------

What about a Clinch for the Second Seed.............If you have time. :)

Texans would have to finish with a better record than NE or KC/LAC

ie: no way to clinch 2nd seed this week

HOUSTON TEXANS (9-4) (at New York Jets (4-9), Saturday, 4:30 PM ET, NFL Network)

Houston clinches AFC South division title with:

1) HOU win + IND loss or tie + TEN loss or tie OR

2) HOU tie + IND loss + TEN loss

Houston clinches a playoff berth with:

1) HOU win + MIA loss or tie + PIT loss OR

2) HOU win + MIA loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR

3) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + BAL loss + MIA loss OR

4) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL loss + MIA tie OR

5) HOU tie + IND loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL win + MIA loss OR

6) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + BAL loss + MIA loss OR

7) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL loss + MIA tie OR

8) HOU tie + TEN loss or tie + PIT loss + BAL win + MIA loss

---------------------------------------------------------------
Heh, and not one of these scenarios happened!

The graphic they just threw up didn't show it - only Chiefs and Chargers have clinched.
That’s because the Steelers won. Texans have to win next week to clinch because there are a lot of teams with 6 losses.

Unfortunately, the last two games will not be easy.
If we can't win one of those, we do not deserve to be in the postseason.

Yes, that's probably true subjectively, but for the Texans NOT to make the playoffs would require a series of events similar to a 0-3 team winning enough football games to be in control of its own destiny in regards to the number two seed in the playoffs...never really happens...oh wait

Yes, that's probably true subjectively, but for the Texans NOT to make the playoffs would require a series of events similar to a 0-3 team winning enough football games to be in control of its own destiny in regards to the number two seed in the playoffs...never really happens...oh wait
I think they will get there, but you have to admit that our injuries are making it scary.

Unfortunately, the last two games will not be easy.
If we can't win one of those, we do not deserve to be in the postseason.
It would take a LOT of things to go wrong for us not to make the playoffs. It’s just a mathematical formality at this point.

I think they will get there, but you have to admit that our injuries are making it scary.
It would take a LOT of things to go wrong for us not to make the playoffs. It’s just a mathematical formality at this point.
I guess, but would Texans losing both games and Titans and Colts winning both do it?

Titans and Colts play in week 17, so we can't finish worse that 2nd in the division... However, the winner of that game would have a tiebreaker over us at 10-6, because we would have split with them and they would finish with a better division record.

I guess, but would Texans losing both games and Titans and Colts winning both do it?

Colts and Titans play each other so only one will win out. The Ravens are the only other 6 loss team in the conference, so honestly, I am not really sure how the Texans have not at least clinched a playoff birth.

anyway, win either game and the Texans win the division...win both they are the number two seed.

Colts and Titans play each other so only one will win out. The Ravens are the only other 6 loss team in the conference, so honestly, I am not really sure how the Texans have not at least clinched a playoff birth.

anyway, win either game and the Texans win the division...win both they are the number two seed.

I can't figure out a scenario that where we don't make the playoffs... So, we are essentially in. The issues are: can we get the #1 seed, the #2 seed, or at least win the division?

Seems easy enough to understand.

Thx

I can't figure out a scenario that where we don't make the playoffs... So, we are essentially in. The issues are: can we get the #1 seed, the #2 seed, or at least win the division?

I guess if the Texans lost both and the Steelers and Ravens win both and one of the Colts/Titans end up as the division winner, there could some tiebreaker between the Ravens and Texans that we would lose.

I guess if the Texans lost both and the Steelers and Ravens win both and one of the Colts/Titans end up as the division winner, there could some tiebreaker between the Ravens and Texans that we would lose.
One thing is for sure, OB better be gearing up for the playoffs - he needs to be stepping up the play calling.

#1 seed -is- a possibility but not likely.

Next week looks good... The Seahawks are playing the Chiefs and the Ravens are playing the Chargers.

So that’s good.

The bad is... the Chiefs would also have to lose the following week to the hapless Raiders.

Next week looks good... The Seahawks are playing the Chiefs and the Ravens are playing the Chargers.

So that’s good.

The bad is... the Chiefs would also have to lose the following week to the hapless Raiders.
Can we relocate the game to Mexico? It helped the Raiders against us.

So that’s good.

What about a three way tie? How does this shake out?

lol really.. yeah because the nfl is so predictable. If we can’t beat two teams with a tough defense, we shouldn’t be in the playoffs despite starting off 0-3 and now becoming the 2nd seed. seems logical
Logical is anyone can come to Houston and show OB how hard it is to win in this league. Coaching will matter

So I don't see how we haven't clinched a playoff berth yet? Messing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine, and it seems no matter what I do, Texans are still in. If we lose the next two, and then Baltimore wins the next two, and Colts or Titans win their next two... there will be three teams at 10-6. According to Playoff Machine, Colts/Titans will win the division, then Texans are in as the 6th team (BAL out).

What am I missing here?

Back